1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spinoffs Favorite PMD moment?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by BlackSmithy, Jun 30, 2017.

1. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    What's your favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon moment?

For Blue Rescue Team, mine would be when you and your partner are fugitives. For Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky mine would be when Dialga returns you to your partner. I didn't really play Gates to Infinity, but for Super Mystery Dungeon it'd be when you meet Mew after your partner goes away and realize how similar Mew is to your partner.

^ Major plot spoilers to most PMD games^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Not really "my" memory per se, but I fondly remember watching my sister play EoS when we were younger. Whenever she wiould play, I was sitting next to her and watching the story unfold with her. Of course, that made me want to buy a copy of my own, but I don't really recall anything from that...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    Red Rescue team, when you decide not to leave the Pokémon world.

4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Explorers of Sky. When the player left the world, I wasn't crying, but when the flashbacks appeared, I broke down in tears.

5. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Welp, since I'm wary, spoilers:

So, Gates to Infinity was my first PMD game. Now while some don't like it for good reasons, it is probably one of my favorites in the series just because it was the first one I played.
    And, because of that, and the fact that I had heard no spoilers, it was the one that made me cry the most. Especially at the end, when you leave the Pokémon world.
    And then you get to play as your partner, which I was not expecting, and I loved it.

Also the twist when it turned out your partner was the one who had to leave in Super Mystery Dungeon. I cried. A lot.

6. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    yeah, that twist almost made me cry :')

7. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    This is probably a bit more unorthodox than some other choices (though the stories in general affect me greatly, believe you me), but honestly, my favorite moment was probably clearing Zero Isle North for the first time in Explorers of Sky. By the time I reached the end of the place my partner had taken a hit for me and had fainted, we were running out of supplies and food, and I was basically A-button attacking every single tile just in case any of them turned out to be a trap. Reaching the final floor and grabbing the Golden Mask and other stuff was an absolute relief, and honestly it's still one of my prouder accomplishments. Gave me a really strong "look at how far we've come" feeling after finishing, particular after watching the usual morning "let's do our best as always" bit in Sharpedo Bluff.

#7 Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think the return from Temporal Tower in EoS. Knowing you were going to fade, but still keeping your head up, trying to be strong, it tore my heart apart.

9. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I'm dropping my opinion in a spoiler to respect people's wishes to avoid such spoiling thoughts.
    My favorite moment in all of the PMD franchise would be during Grovyle's special episode in Explorer's of Sky, where Dusknoir saved Grovyle from his spirit being sucked out of his body. That moment really struck my core. It showed that someone who you had judged as rotten to core, someone who you never thought could do something right, had the capacity to change his heart and do the right thing. I was already feeling sad for Dusknoir when Dialga abandoned him, so my attachment to him really made the moment powerful. I remembered feeling my own heart wrench when Primal Dialga began beating Dusknoir up immediately afterwards for his disobedience. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed beating Primal Dialga up at the end of the episode.

As a side note, my second favorite would be climbing Sky Peak. That was a really fun dungeon!

10. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Lot's of good moments, but I personally find it really special when everyone saves up a bit of food.

I already liked the other characters but they never really did much through the entire game, still, I'll always remember that as characters that actually cared about me and my partner, wish there were sidequests with them and more depth to it.

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The ending in Explorer's of Sky never fails to be touching. I cry every time ;_;

12. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Easily everything that happened during the Hidden land and Temporal Tower. I really wanted Grovyle to be a part of my team, more than any legendary or shiny alive, even though I knew myself he wasn't staying for long, but damnit, he was so cool and heroic! ;,(

And don't get me started on Grovyle's special episode, In the Future of Darkness. Needless to say, there's a reason he's my favourite video game character of all time.

13. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I remember one moment that caught me completely off guard.
    After beating the final boss, I was expecting the player character to return home, like every other ending in the previous games. But they completely flipped that idea on its head and it was the partner Pokémon that had to go. Apparently, they were actually a reincarnated Mew all along, and since they were connected to the final boss, they had to disappear too. Boy, was I crying.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    So it seems like a lot of people say the ending of the games really gets to them, so I'll try to think of something else, even though I agree those are great.

In red/blue, when Gengar looks into your dream and gives you a nightmare at first, but then sees Gardevoir and hears about your role in the Pokémon world, then runs off crying. That whole scene was just great atmospherically.

In explorers, when Grovyle drags Dusknoir back to the future, after that boss battle and learning what will happen when your mission ends.

In gates, the sequence of trying to get back to Paradise from Mt. Kilionea. Specifically when you first meet Hydreigon.

In super, and this is probably my favorite PMD moment of all, when your partner deals the final blow to Dark Matter, with your partner's theme song playing. Dark matter turns into a light and in the light, for a split second, you can make out Dark Matter's final words, "thank you."

15. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    I ship Celebi & Grovyle.

There. I said it.

Also makes me happy that my BFF from the future found love and new friends.

This in particular makes my heart warm every damn time.

[​IMG]

16. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    That's adorable, I love it!

17. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I see you're someone of great taste.

#17 Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  18. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    How could anyone NOT ship them? Especially after playing the special episode.

19. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    We need a PMD dating sim to keep those 2 together

20. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    the ending of the main plot in explorers of sky
    so so good,legit had me in tears when I played it first and the song "Dont ever forget" as theme