1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Pokémon & Why?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Nov 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    banette_page_art__by_poserpanda-dcji5wy.png
    Before I married, my family was pretty poor. It got to the point where I couldn't find a job without government help. I volunteered at a building that donated food, clothes, and toys. My last day of work there, before I got a job, they allowed me to take a present for myself and for my sister, from the toy bin. I saw a Togetic, which I gave to my sister for Christmas, and a huge, green Banette. After reading its Pokédex entry I fell in love with this Pokémon, wanting to be its best friend ever since.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  2. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    Always loved Bulba... idk why, maybe cause he was numero uno on the dex entry and my starter.

3. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I personally have a tie between Bayleaf and Espeon.
    I've always thought Bayleaf was so cool but Espeon is the first Pokémon card I ever had given to me by a friend who even though we live very far away from each other now we're still seeing each other as often as possible I even bring out my Espeon card on occasions and smile saying: "Hey you remember how in year 4 you gave this to me on your very first day?" I guess I'd say Espeon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Number one is Buizel, mainly because it's based off of sea otters, and those are one of my favorite animals ever. Plus, it's just so adorable! A close second is Glaceon for its design and cute looks. I just can't say no to either.

5. Voltlds

Voltlds Youngster

Gothita
    (Gothita)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.0
    My favorite Pokémon of all time is Gliscor. I started liking it ever since first seeing Ash's in the Diamond and Pearl anime and it looks so cool yet cute in its own way. But Chandelure comes close. Similar to Gliscor, Chandelure is cute in its own way, and it was really strong just by playing through the games.

Honorable mentions go to Drapion and Starmie.

6. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Dont make me choose! Uh... I suppose... Eevee since that was the Pokémon that got me back into the Franchise

7. Olz33

Olz33 Bug Catcher

Quazar
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    Lycanroc and Keldeo: Both can dominate their competitive formats and are cool and majestic.

8. Pika

Pika Hiker

Topaz
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽335.9
    like i said in my intro post, my favorite is mew! it used to be pikachu when i was a kid, though. pikachu was just cute and i was a simple man with simple tastes -- i still i am since i like mew, i suppose. mew is also really cute and i got really attached to it when i was a kid

9. SnakeWrangler

YEET
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Muk! I don't have any exact reason I just, really really like Muk.

Other favorites are Claydol, Houndoom, Golisopod, Aurorus, and Dhelmise.

10. Woo

Woo Bug Catcher

Lettuce
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽33.0
    My favorite Pokémon all around I'd have to say is Cresselia! As a kid I first saw her as a stage hazard in Super Smash Bros Brawl, and immediately just went "oh my god what is that". I didn't really understand how to go about internet searches back in the day, so it was mostly me trying to ask other kids at school if they knew what she was. At some point I ended up getting a pack of Pokémon cards with her as the art on the package, and I finally had something physical I could show off at school. Finally found out what she was and how to get her, and the rest is history! Something about the mystery behind her really got me excited, and she's still a big fave of mine to this day.

Honorable mentions go to Finneon and Milotic, I just like how they look aesthetically!

11. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    My favorite Pokémon of all time is Galvantula! When I first got one in B/W I fell in love, and it was actually what led me down the path of being such a bug fanatic, haha. I mean, I loved E4 Aaron to death, too, but Galvantula is still the responsible one.

I have a list of honorable mentions, and even have some TCG crops tucked aside from a Top 50 community poll I was a part of. :P
    2COFAGRIGUS.png 3SHUCKLE.png 4GOLISOPOD.png 5KROOKODILE.png 6AEGISLASH.png 7BRONZONG.png 8DRAPION.png 9VOLCARONA.png 10BERGMITE.png

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Cosmog of course! It’s cute and a legendary with some actual development throughout the story. Now if it only had a good shiny.

Some other favorites are Victini, Oshawott, Meowstic, Armaldo, Glaceon, and Braviary.

13. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    So I have three: Emboar, Empoleon, and Hydreigon.

Emboar: When I saw the BW starters for the first time, I went nuts for Tepig from the beginning. I chose it for hy first playthrough of White, and I remember being completely smitten (yes really I loved it that much) for Emboar's whole design. Then as I grew older I came to appreciate every side of Emboar, especially how Hilda and Nate owning one is pretty much canon. Now, I completely disregard all the hate it gets, especially for being fire/fighting. Emboar to this day is my favourite fully evolved starter, EVER.

Empoleon: My first game was Pearl -- and Piplup being cute was the main reason why I chose it. And even after it evolved, I loved the design and the concept -- big emperor penguin is cute too! However, my 8 year old head did not yet know how hard it was to build a good Sinnoh team with it, and that sort of dulled my love for it a bit as I grew up through the next few generations -- but when I played Platinum again for the first time in 3 years, I chose Piplup as I did 12 years ago, and I learned to just enjoy the process of beating the game for what it is and relax from team building for this playthrough -- and with that I learned to love Empoleon for who it is once again.

Hydreigon: This dragon has always fascinated me, but I think I really started to love it when I started reading more fanfics that portrayed Ghetsis' Hydreigon in BW as phenomenally evil and beyond "saving", and feeling really bad for the dragon -- listen, it's just a fully evolved final form of a cute little Deino and well, like Trainer, like Pokémon! Hydreigon can, and in my heart, IS a wonderful compassionate dragon who may be a little too protective of its Trainer. Lol.

14. Richard and Blaziken

Raven
    (Torchic)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10.4
    Blaziken has been my favorite Pokémon since I evolved my first Combusken atop Mt. Chimney after defeating Maxie. The design, for me, is absolutely perfect for what I like. A martial arts Pokémon that combines fire into his fighting style is a fantastic idea, and his Blaze Kick, while not competitively great, is an awesome move concept.

Mega Blaziken took the design and pushed it even further in a natural progression that I was thrilled with when Megas were first revealed.

Blaziken has meant a lot to me for 16 years, which at this point is most of my life, and has traveled with me from Hoenn to every region. Shame that may soon come to an end.

15. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    Pichu it's just so adorable

16. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Can't believe I just found this thread. Can you guess what my favorite Pokémon is? Any guesses...? Yeah, of course its my profile pick, Glaceon. I've always loved the eeveelutions since the day I found them and Glaceon was always rated highly in my list of eeveelutions. However, the one event that made Glaceon the top pick of my favorite Pokémon would have to be the story I wrote with Glaceon as the lead. I don't know what it was about the story, but doing a first person perspective on Glaceon made me fall in love with the eeveelution far more than I'd already did.

Vigilance likes this.
  17. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Loved the story behind Glaceon! So how do you feel about the other Eeveelutions?

18. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Tentacruel.

I used it on my first competitive team ever as a suicide lead (horrible way to use tentacruel i know). Also during my first livestream of a randomized nuzlocke, it had to go through the Dark Tunnel all by itself, which included defeating a Zapdos. My team was all dead except for it, and I had wasted my potions on my now dead teammates.

19. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Glaceon (obviously)
    Umbreon, My old favorite.
    Sylveon Raw power and cuteness wrapped up with a bow
    Espeon Cool and powerful psychic type
    Flareon Its...so...fluffy
    Leafeon Modern design but for some reason I find it a little lackluster
    Jolteon Never liked the design, but its pretty strong
    Vaporeon No offense to vaporeon, but it looks like a sea monster and isn't the strongest.

It used to be Umbreon at the top before Glaceon stole my heart.

20. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Sylveon... The dragon killer that disguised as a cute, harmless Pokémon but inside, it is thirsty for the blood of dragon-type Pokémon.

SyWry likes this.