1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Pokémon & Why?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Nov 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LovelyBlackRose

Luminate
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    I have so many favorites, but for my top 3 I'd have to go with Zeraora, Leafeon, Luxray. Zeraora is because I like cat Pokémon and electric is one of my fave types. (Plus mythical Pokémon usually look really neat.) Leafeon is my favorite eeveelution and it is one of my favorite mono-type grass Pokémon. Then Luxray is because it's my favorite lion Pokémon out of the two lion-based Pokémon evolution lines there are currently.

2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I have many favorites too, but if I had to pick one it’d probably be Fletchling Boi.
    - smol
    - birb
    - robin
    - Gen 6
    - birb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Typloshion.love it and always nickname it Ian.
    even though I wanna have it. I do need to train it from off a cyndaquil.

why my love. my Pokémon silver game Typloshion lv 70. my game broke and lost it forevee

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Houndoom, Ditto, Spheal

Houndoom: Not really sure tbh. I really like dog and dark types, maybe that's why.
    Ditto: I just love the simplicity
    Spheal: It is freaking adorable!

5. SuperDitto

SuperDitto Bug Catcher

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.1
    My favorite Pokémon (of all time) would be Ash-Greninja. The Kalos anime was so great that I fell in love with Ash's Greninja. The reason that I like Ash-Greninja is because of how it looks.

6. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I agree Satoshi Gekkouga was very cool @SuperDitto

7. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    I don't know if anyone reads this thread still, but I figured I'd throw my opinion in.
    My main favorite are Flygon and Swampert but my surprise favorite was Orbeetle from Galar.

When I first played Shield, I caught a Blipbug, right in the beginning of the game. I didn't know what it would look like when it evolved. But it was cute and I just wanted to play the games without knowing. He ended up staying on my team until it evolved to its final form. Needless to say, I fell in love. My precious little ladybug was tough, but hit hard too. He was awesome in battle and I just loved him. It was special to me because I never meant for him to be on my main team, but way before he even evolved I just loved him too much.

Pirate Captain likes this.
  8. Thechaosmaster

Thechaosmaster Keeper of Chaos

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.9
    Potion ★Poké Ball ★
    Well, I have a list of favorite Pokémon, Sceptile and Greninja. Mostly because they were the starters I chose, Sceptile I first obtained in Heart Gold, and the way he acts in the anime is just awsome. Greninja, well, come on, Ash-Greninja. Is there anything else to ask?

9. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    my favorite is umbreon and litten

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    My favorite Pokémon of all time (I also do like many others)

Are Absol and Skarmory.

Absol because of design of the Pokémon and the ability most fanfic writers have of making something unique out of it which is certainly a fascinating thing.

Skarmory because of the shiny skarmory I got in a trade years ago that I still have to this day. It has served me well across multiple gens and I love it.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  11. KutolahS

KutolahS Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Gotta be lucario. The color scheme is fuego, great movepool, its physiology and methods of combat are heat too.
    Honorable mentions, Scizor, Weavile, Suicune, Braixen, Mega Zard X

Attached Files:

• luc.png
      luc.png
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
    Jupjami likes this.
  12. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    gotta be breloom 1. The design is really cool 2. It was pretty good in my sapphire playthrough but another one is a wierd one lunatone 1. I like its shiny 2. I also used it in my sapphire and it sweeped all of winonas team with hypnosis and ice beam

13. ChaosFox

ChaosFox Swimmer

Sparkles
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽333.1
    Well this is hard one lets go bye each gen.

Gen I: Oddish - I have always loved this Pokémon and evolution line. I also always name them Onion-Knight well most the time..... and a cookie if you get where that comes from.

Gen 2: Spinarack/Pineco - Yea this one is a tie If I play through this gen I try to get them (well if I am playing the right version) I have a fondness for bug Pokémon and these two are my favorite... with Cutifly and Dewpider being close seconds.

Gen 3: Lotad/Shroomish - Yea another tie I know but I lover these two guys and their final evolution's. And yet again if I am not doing a nuzzlocke I love to use them both on my team in fact on my current play though of AS I have them both on my team.

Gen 4: Skorpi/Drifloon - I love scorpions so far as I find them interesting. And Drifloon happens to be tied for first when it comes to my favorite ghost Pokémon.

Gen 5: Joltick/Ferroseed - Two cuties that evolve into to beasts :D

Gen 6: Inky/Skrelp/Phantump - What can I say I am bad at choosing just one (well outside first gen) I just once more think all three are cute and all three evolve too be fun to use.

Gen 7: Impossible... Yes its true there are several introduced here that I love do not ask me why I jsut think they did a good job with introducing several Pokémon I think are so much fun to use including Sandygast and it's evolved form Palosand wich is the other line that is tied with Drifflon and it;s evolved form as my favorite ghost Pokémon.

As for gen 8 I have not played sword and shield myself so I have no idea which ones from this gen I would love. So there you have it my favorite Pokémon basically.... Its Impossible for me chose one over all.

14. Miles

Miles Camper

oregano
    (Frillish ♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.2
    My favorite Pokémon happens to be yanma! i absolutely adore this little dragonfly! if i had to pick a second or third Pokémon those would be aipom and haunter!

15. ZEKCHOMP4LIFE

ZEKCHOMP4LIFE School Kid

holy
    (Reshiram Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽19.9
    If it wasn't obvious already its zekrom, well kinda because i have this weird thing where one day my favorite is garchomp and the next day its zekrom so i guess both zekrom as garchomp

16. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    If you couldn't tell by my PFP, I really like Blaziken! He was my first ever starter.
    I also like Zekrom. He's so cool!

17. piercerossified

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.3
    I absolutely adore Pikachu as my favorite Pokémon! Its cute and lovable appearance, along with its electric powers, have always captivated me. Plus, who can resist those adorable red cheeks and signature "Pika Pika" sound? Pikachu has been a beloved character in the Pokémon franchise for generations, and it's not hard to see why.

18. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,917.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    My Favorite Pokémon have to be Latios and Latias.

I have a very long history with them and I've been wanting to tell it for a while, so here we go I guess:
    (warning: some spoilers for the Pokémon Heroes Movie if you haven't watched it)

It all started with a simple vacation to visit my relatives. I won't go into details but my cousin and I watched some Pokémon Movies there that I hadn't seen before. (I didn't know about Pokeflix back then) One of them just happened to be the Pokémon Heroes Movie. It wouldn't have caught my attention that much if it wasn't for the final scene of the movie. Some girl (either Latias or Bianca) kissed Ash and gave him a painting.

My cousin and I had a debate over whether it was Latias or Bianca. My cousin thought it was Bianca since one scene showed she had left her cap at her house and she was the only one who could paint while I thought it was Latias as she had shown constant affection for Ash throughout the whole movie. Needless to say, this compelled me to prove my cousin wrong by writing an entire sequel to the movie which occurred one year later. (You can read it here if you want though it is probably the worst of my writing https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063037/1/Pokemon-Ash-s-quest-for-Arceus-and-for-Alto-Mare)

While I was doing a bit of research (yes I wanted to make it as canon as possible) I stumbled across my first bits of Pokémon fanfiction in which I found many authors that were doing the same thing as I was. I took a break from writing to read a bunch of books I found on fanfiction.net and eventually got back to writing with a new goal: to write not just for myself but for others' enjoyment as well.

My first book wasn't that good, so I gave it a quick ending and posted a final chapter saying anyone could write more of it. Then, the grind began. I found two abandoned books: 'Latios in a Human World' and 'True Eons'. I edited their original chapters and began to write more. Soon, I came up with an original book which I titled 'A Legendary Week'.

I wrote for a few months, joined some fanfic discord servers, and received and gave reviews. Eventually, I made a server of my own and I started to post on fanfiction platforms other than fanfiction.net. Today, my writing is much better than it was 2 years ago. In fact, if it weren't for the fanfiction community, I wouldn't be on Lake Valor today. Heck, I might not even like Pokémon.

Anyway, Latios and Latias are my favorite Pokémon because they're the ones that got me started on a huge journey. A journey that led me to fanfiction, becoming a better writer, Lake Valor, new friends, and a great community.

If you read all of that, thanks. I know it's a pretty big rant, but I really wanted to share that story.

Go Latis!