1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite pokemon movie?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Junkrat, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Bonus points if you put why.

My favorite Pokémon movie was, for some reason, the 9th one- with Manaphy. I'm not sure why I liked that one so much. I guess Manaphy is just really cute and I loved the lore behind it, with the sea temple. Plus, the animation was amazing! I loved the traveling circus introduced, I loved Jackie, and I thought the pirate guy was pretty awesome.

Now though, my favorite movie is the Rise of Darkrai. It was such an epic and emotional movie, with amazing fights scenes. I remember when I first watched it and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Plus, the fight with Infernape and Brock's Croagunk? Totally awesome.

So what's your favorite Pokémon movie?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The first one hands down. Mew was cute. Mewtwo was the type of antagonist that I love. It was the first Pokémon movie with no crazy prophecy to tie into it that made Ash some type of special guy. Ash got killed and came back to life with epic music to go with it. And I like seeing Protagonist get their hides handed to them in the middle of the movie.
    A close second is the Power of One, cause Lugia. Need I say more. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My Favourite Movie Is 'Kyurem Vs The Sword Of Justice'.Why,It's Overall Story Inspires Me And That's Also How Keldeo Become One Of My Favourite Mythical Pokémon. 'Victini And Reshiram/Zekrom' Are Cool Too Along With 'Jirachi:The Wish Maker'.

'Pokémon Heroes-Latias And Latios' Really Myself Deeply Inspires To Write A Story Of A Secret Garden(Not The One In The Movie!)

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The only ones I actually liked were the first three (The First Movie; 2000; and the one with the Unown-Entei). Especially The First Movie; it was just another round of Ash getting caught up in yet another adventure, but with the biggest stakes he had faced to that point. And like @Laserdragon14 said, there was no prophecy or other nonsense about it - just Ash, Misty, and Brock cleaning up yet another mess that Team Rocket had made (one made by the otherwise-untouchable Giovanni, no less).

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My favorite is still Destiny Deoxys, simply because Deoxys is without a doubt my favorite Pokémon (Apart from Sceptile). I know it has glaring plot holes but I'm not gonna pass up the chance to see my favorite shape-shifting alien on the big screen.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Loved the story a lot in it and, idk, I just seemed more in depth than some of the other Pokémon movies. Well, to me it did anyway.
    I'm a big fan of all the Sinnoh movies to, but Giratina and the Sky Warrior is my favourite out of them. Mostly because it features two of my favourite legendaries XD Zero was a cool villain as well.
    And finally, Pokémon Heroes is another Pokémon movie I highly enjoyed. Loved the story in it and I thought Latias and Latios were adorable.

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    So I've really only seen the first two movies. I also saw glimpses of the ones with Entei (mentioned above), with Latias/Latios, giant Groudon, Arceus, and I think that's it. But out of those first two, I definitely like the first one better. Mewtwo as a relateable villain, not just a madman; and the lessons about unity and self-definition ("the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant..."); all of that was wonderful. I should probably try to watch it again soon.

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I like so many of the movies, but I haven't watched many of the new ones. I liked 2000 and Mewtwo Returns because both had pretty strong messages. I liked Pokémon 4 Ever because of the music, Celebi being a little cutie, and the dark ball, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew started my obsession with the Riolu line, and Rise of Darkrai I liked largely because of the music and also Darkrai is just a little darling who just wants to help, be nice to him.

I stopped watching them after the Zoroark movie, which was okay. I just lost interest in the some in general at that point. I wish there would be a new anime series based on the manga, that would be cool.

9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    The Shaymin movie, which is a big part of why it's one of my favourite Pokémon!

I think Shaymin gets a lot of flack of its personality, and while I agree that at first it came off as a bit jerky, it's not at all intentional. Heck, at the end of the movie, it admits that it never even disliked Ash at all, really. So it's kind of an endearing but annoying front when you think about it.

But its Sky form is where it really shines, especially in the movie! It was so touching how it was willing to go out of its way to save Giratina and the most touching moment was when Shaymin tried to revitalize Giratina with Aromatherapy. Truly amazing. It's Sky form personality is also a big reason why I just love it a lot more than land form.

10. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    You would think, given my long-time Molly Hale forumset, that Spell of the Unown would be at the very top of my list of favorite Pokémon movies, but that top slot actually goes to the first release - Mewtwo Strikes Back. I remember the intensive hype surrounding its US theatrical release (even though I wasn't into Pokémon at that time), and even thought the long lines at the movies were for that particular film when I went to see Toy Story 2 not too long after that came out (its release date was a mere two weeks after the Pokémon movie).
    Additionally, despite the controversy regarding the completely rewritten script that 4Kids implemented for Mewtwo Strikes Back, when I first saw it (after it came out on VHS), I thought it was quite a fun movie, with such an intriguing story. There was quite a bit of suspense involved too, especially after Ash turned to stone and had to be revived with Pokémon tears.

11. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I think I need to rewatch all of the movies to truly decide which one is really my favorite, the older ones are just so hard to come by, and I haven't truly watched most of the movies after Destiny Deoxys. That movie was so weird that it just put me off from the others for a bit. From what I can remember, I can definitely narrow it down to a top three. In no specific order, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (I loved how the main character guest Pokémon wasn't a legendary) Mewtwo Returns (I haven't seen it in forever, but it always felt more epic than the first movie) and Pokémon 2000 (Again, it felt more epic than the first movie. And we got four legendarys for the price of one). Honorable mentions go to Pokémon 4ever and Pokémon Spell of the Unown because legendary dogs are always a win.

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Pokémon Heroes will be one of my favorites. The soundtrack was amazing and I loved the real implications that it had on Pokémon (ie Latios's death).
    I thought it really portrayed relationships between Pokémon and humans beautifully.

13. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    the celebi movie! it was one of the first ones i watched

14. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    The 10th movie. Much like Gen IV felt like a return to form for the franchise, this felt like a return to form after three absolutely terrible movies. I like the Legendaries involved, the pacing is generally pretty good, the action scenes are great, and the music is fantastic. Love that male cover of We Will Be Heroes, and Oracion generally. I also liked how it started what would be a pretty good trilogy, although they could have found better voice actors of Shaymin and Arceus in the 11th and 12th movies respectively.

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Hm, it is a pretty hard question but I think it is Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. Aka movie 9.

It was incredibly well done with characters I genuinely liked.

16. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I haven’t seen many of the movies but my 2 favorites are Pokémon Ranger and the sea of the temple and Black- Victini And Reshiram. Manaphy and Victini are absolutely adorable and I want to protect them. I guess that’s my reasoning.

17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    The Entei movie gave me jitters as a child and it's likely my most-rewatched one. Very beautiful. Then there's Jirachi Wishmaker for its stunning ending theme....goosebumps-inducing. When it comes to story though, I'll have to go with Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. <3

18. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    My favorite has to be the Rise of Darkrai (and its sequels) hands down; while The First Movie - because honestly, it made me cry when I first watched it - and Ranger-Temple of the Sea - I've always loved Pokémon Ranger, and Manaphy is so cute! - both hold special places in my heart, the D&P Trilogy are my favorites and undoubtedly the ones I re-watched the most.

19. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I stopped watching them actively after Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. That was pretty good in combining mystery, action, danger and even hints of multiple shippings. A lot of neat characters and the Phantom felt like an actual villain over some of the others that quickly changed morals once they realized the extent of the damage they’ve caused. He was intent on securing the power of himself regardless of what would happen to the Sea Temple or anyone else.

Destiny Deoxys was another interesting one too

20. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I've mentioned it a few times in the past, my favorite is the 3rd movie.
    Spell of the Unown was the first Pokémon film I saw, and although I didn't know a whole lot about Pokémon (let alone the Jhoto mon besides the starters) I just instantly latched onto Molly and her feelings. Entei was a great antagonistic character, not fully evil but misguided as he was being led by a child's wild emotion and the Unown's extreme power.
    I sob every time I watch the ending (but then again I tend to cry in every Pokémon movie.. barring the Hoopa movie).