1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Pokemon per generation

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Jeydis, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have always loved filling out these little templates even though my opinions sometimes change a lot over time. So who are your favorite Pokémon for each generation? If you could only pick one of course >:D

The below are my current favorites.

[​IMG]

1) Ditto is love, Ditto is All. Honestly I have always found these little goops fascinating, with the introduction of the Imposter ability I have had one on my teams ever since.
    2) I love Heracross, shiny or not. Ever since the anime showed it as this powerful yet sweet 'mon I have wanted one on my team. Beetles are rad as well so that helped.
    3) I mean it's Kecleon, it has unique abilities and a movepool that is deeper than most Pokémon. It has an adorable design and is based on one of my favorite animals. What's not to love?
    4) Toxicroak and Croagunk were oddballs where their designs irked me at first (it was the teeth really) but after seeing them in motion in the anime (Brock's makes me laugh every damn time) and using a few in playthroughs the little froggies grew on me. Mixed movepools are fun to play with and they have a lot of options which I loved.
    5) Neat design, Crustle rose to the tops of my lists due to a combination of it being my ace in a Gardener themed run of Y and seeing so much lovely fan art of it.
    6) Carbink is adorable and simple, it has a really odd and fun defensive move pool with some good abilities. It has also been an odd good luck charm for me as I have encountered two shinies in the wild and they both led to some successful Nuzlockes :D.
    7) Mimikyu has a great concept, ability and typing. I am not a fan of pikachu but I would cuddle with Mimikyu happily non-the less. Scary as heck during Nuzlockes though.

Template if you feel like filling it out:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Decided to do this as a drawing exercise, heaven knows I need it.
    [​IMG]
    1. Ninetales has always been a big favorite of mine for a lot of reasons. The Alolan variant is also one of my favorites, though I didn't feel like adding two of the same species of Pokémon on here to avoid redundancy.
    2. Houndoom is up there for its unique typing, as well as it being a dog. I've always been a dog person.
    3. Absol is by far my #1 favorite Pokémon of all time for many reasons. Listing off all those reasons would take a while though, so just take my word for it.
    4. Darkrai is my old favorite legendary due to the movie version of them.
    5. Hey, a non-dark type for once! Sawsbuck was a Pokémon I used for a majority of my Black&White/Black2&White2 playthoughs as my main grass type. The winter and spring forms are my favorite designs.
    6. Xerneas was the biggest reason I picked up Pokémon X over Y. As you no doubt have guessed, deer are one of my favorite animals.
    7. Silvally is second favorite to Absol, also for plenty of reasons. I love its design, its lore, its mechanics, and even its name. I don't care much for the competitive aspect of Pokémon games, so I'm perfectly content with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jeydis likes this.
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    @SnowboundBecca
    Using it for drawing practice was a great idea, I like the funky palettes to work with the bg colors. I would die for your Silvally if it came to it, so precious *_*

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    63FB96A7-75BD-414A-8A8F-E850EAB0499C.png
    1. I never really used Snorlax until I got the Snorlium Z Munchlax in Sun and used it on my team. Its Z move Pulverizing Pancake is my favorite Z move, it’s just so cute.
    2. I’ve always liked the Mareep line because of a Mareep Pokémon card I had as a kid. I thought the Mareep on the card looked so realistic and cute. When I heard it was getting a Mega evolution, I just liked it that much more. I love Mega Ampharos’s aded Dragon typing and all its beautiful fluff.
    3. I’ve always kinda liked Absol but like with Ampharos, I liked it even more after hearing it was getting a Mega. Mega Absol is really cool, I love the design, and it was one of the first Pokémon I tried to draw (emphasis on “tried”).
    4. Not really a surprise, look at my username. Empoleon was my first fully evolved starter and holds lots of sentimental value to me.
    5. Also not really a surprise if you saw my last username. Another well designed Pokémon, great signature move in Fiery Dance, and it took the 6th team slot I desperately needed to be taken in my Pokémon Y in-game team.
    6. Story time: when I was in 6th grade, my friend bought me Pokémon Y. No special occasion or anything, she just bought it for me. At the time, there was an event going on for a Diancie. She got me the event and when it was at a similar level to the Pokémon on my team, it joined the team. Diancie makes me think of the friend. Also I like the idea that it’s a mutated Carbink, and its Mega is pretty cool too.
    7. Another story: I actually didn’t like Tsareena at first (gasp!). The first time I saw it I thought “what the heck is that thing?” and saw it in the same evolutionary line as Bounsweet and wondered how the two could possibly be similar (I didn’t have Steenee in my Dex at the time). I ended up catching a Bounsweet and evolving it into Tsareena and I fell in love. I really like that it’s a Grass type physical attacker- most Grass types are special attackers, which differentiates her from many other Grass types. Also, I did some research on mangosteens (I thought it was supposed to be a cherry at first) and its design makes so much sense. You just have to be careful of the fan art you may see of it online.
    8. Yeah yeah I know it’s not on here but my favorite 8th gen Pokémon (so far) is Scorbunny. I always feel bad because I generally dislike the Fire starters. When I was watching the very first SwSh trailer (the one in February) I promised myself to like the Fire starter. And so I did. Scorbunny is already the cutest of the three, so I think I may have preferred it anyway. (Alcremie and Polteageist are a close second and third favorite!)

Jeydis likes this.
  5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    the change in animation from Gen I to Gen VII adds a nostalgic feel, don't 'ya think?
    gens.png
    anyway here's the explanation:
    Gen I: Gengar is my favorite Kanto Pokémon, it's playful and creepy at the same time~ Alakazam, Kabutops, Nidoking and Arbok are close runner-ups.
    Gen II: Xatu is very mysterious and always stares into the future. I also like divination so I relate to the avian, plus his design is awesome~ Heracross, Gligar and Noctowl are close runner-ups.
    Gen III: Grovyle, through and through! For a long time now this reptile has been my favorite of 'em all, with his laidback personality and awesome Leaf Blades! Sceptile, Shiftry, Duskull and Treecko follow, but Grovyle's waaay in the lead.
    Gen IV: Now this was a little hard, but eventually I came to choose Darkrai. The Prince of Nightmares, he is also my favorite Legendary/Mythic Pokémon~ Giratina, Lucario, Garchomp and Gliscor are close runner-ups.
    Gen V: And the winner here is Zoroark! Since I don't really play anything after DS and watch anything after Sinnoh, I don't know that much Unovan Pokémon, Krookodile and Zekrom are close runner-ups.
    Gen VI: Surprisingly, my favorite is Trevenant~ When I first tried him out in a Pokémon hack, it was so awesome using him! His design is also very nice, perfect for Hallow's Eve~ Greninja, Malamar, Heliolisk, Hawlucha and Yvetal are close runner-ups.
    Gen VII: I don't really like much Pokémon here, so I chose Alolan Marowak (technically it's Gen 7), because who wouldn't want a ghostly fire bone-wielding skull-wearing all-black reptile? But if it had to be truly Gen 7, it would be a close match between Kommo-o and Decidueye, with Lycanroc and Tapu Koko being runner-ups.