1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite song lyrics?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawstheSawsbuck, Jun 2, 2019.

1. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    What are some of your all time favorite lyrics?

For me it would have to be
    "Do what you feel the more absurd the better
    Don't be afraid whatever you got, show
    Flaunt your personality, let me know your style" from Strong All Along by 311

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    Tough one to answer, because there are so many songs with so many lyrics that I like
    But the first thing that comes to my mind right now are not just a few lyrics, but a whole song: It's a song from a French rapper called Orelsan, it's called "Notes pour trop tard" [Notes for too late], and it's basically an adult Orelsan giving life advice to himself as a teenager, and I just think that it's a beautiful song because of what it's trying to say, the message it tries to deliver.
    And if I must pick lyrics from that song I guess I would go for the very last line:
    "Le seul remède c'est le temps" [The only remedy is time],
    it sums up a lot about what the song is about: there's no real point in focalizing on all the bad stuff, on all the suffering that might have happened, because in the end, the only thing that can cure everything, that can erase these past suffering is time

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SawstheSawsbuck likes this.
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    This is actually pretty easy for me when I think about it: "Don't Say A Word" by Sonata Artica, and Xandria's cover of it. I love that Xandria did a cover of it from the woman's perspective instead of the man's. It completely changed my perspective of the original song, and it's a pretty clever cover that comes from a more emotional standpoint to give a more...balanced view, perhaps? There are always two sides to bad breakups, and songs that cover them always focus on one perspective, so having the second one makes it pretty special, at least to my mind. An interesting exception to the rule.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’m thinking of two songs, one is “Everything Stays” from the show Adventure Time, and the other is “Here Comes a Thought” from the show Steven Universe.

I don’t necessarily know the context of this song, but I think the lyrics are beautiful. To me, I think the song conveys the message that while things change, they still stay the same, and I think that’s a powerful message.

This song I do know the context of. In short, Connie (the singer of the second verse) is upset about hurting someone and is too nervous to fight. Garnet (the singer of the first verse) reassures her with the song, and she is saying that she has gone through a similar situation. I think the song also conveys a powerful message, that we can’t get caught up in smaller issues and we can’t let them negatively impact us.

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I guess it would be the lyrics of Pokémon's seventh opening:

However, many Japanese songs have better lyrics, like Naruto's third opening:

Yeah anime openings usually have great lyrics~

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    My favorite chorus of any song is from “Goodbye Stranger” by Supertramp. Here it is:

“Goodbye stranger it's been nice
    Hope you find your paradise
    Tried to see your point of view
    Hope your dreams will all come true”

7. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Ooh! So many though my favourites come from two of Zetly's Jacksepticeye songs on Youtube.

Invisible and Simply Average. I find the lyrics a little relatable...okay more than a little.
    'i-n-v-i-s-i-b-l-e
    i like being quiet but something is rioting me
    and i agree
    i scream that i am here
    i’m not invisible'

'I have to smile and present my style,
    Like I’m not broken inside why,
    Do I try?'

Both are kinda depressing, just a little bit but they're really good!
    (They're written about a couple Jack's alter egos, Robbie the Zombie who isn't canon and my favourite Chase Brody)

8. seaturtle

seaturtle Bug Catcher

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    My favorite lyrics have gotta be "I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all" from Lady Antebellum's Need You Now. Just has a bit of a special meaning to me I guess.

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    "And I'll be sorry for now, that I couldn't be around
    There are things we have to do that we can't stand
    Oh I'll be sorry for now, that I couldn't be around
    There will be a day when you will understand"

Sorry for Now, Linkin Park (One more Light)

This song has a personal connection between myself and my older brother who is in the Navy both in the present and a symbolic meaning in our past.

"If this is all I have I'm not gonna lose it
    and when the sirens scream I go for broke
    ready to roar, ready or not, ready to give it all I've got
    Gotta live to win, get up get out get even
    ready to roar ready or not, ready to give it one more shot
    let the games begin means something to believe in
    ready to roar"

Roar, Treat

This is one song that just gets me pumped up and ready to get back to work on a rough day.

that's just a couple, I might post more later.