1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Things About Winter?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DIO, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    November-February are generally thought to be the months of winter. Now that we have entered those months, let's think of all the things we love about winter!

Please, no winter hate. This thread is designed to spread all the things we love and cherish about winter we may not be able to during the other months of the year!

As for me, I LOVE snow! It's just... I don't even know how to describe it, I just get a lot happier when I'm out in a snowfall. Snow is just great, and my main reason for liking winter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    When snow has just fallen it's beautiful outside, it's also really fun to play in the snow, like having a snowball fight xD So yeah, snow is the best thing about the winter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Because I live in California, I haven't really experienced snow.
    However, my area gets pretty chilly during this time, and we break out our really cute boots and sweaters.
    I honestly just like to wear my comfy sweaters and just hang out in my bed surrounded in blankets on my computer.

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Oh my god I miss having snow, but just the cold in general is lovely. I love cold weather, and thus i hate summer because of how warm it is. Since Summer is Christmas time over in Australia, it really doesn't go well cause we go interstate to see our family and there is a lot of driving around in a black car... so hot... If it was cold it would be so much nicer, and it felt right in America.

5. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I'm with you. I absolute LOVE the snow. It's my favorite part of winter. Here in Hawaii we don't get any snow, but we had tons when I lived in Germany. I also just have a general love of the cold. I can stand in jeans and a t-shirt in freezing temperatures comfortably for hours. It freaks people out, but it is where I feel most comfortable.

6. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    I like to troll around: a.k.a throw snowballs at my friend
    Reason: its fun
    The Future: logical in hospital

7. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,795.7
    Snow
    Christmas lights
    Christmas specials on TV/Netflix
    Hot Chocolate

8. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Am I the only one who doesn't like snow? ;_; It makes commuting sooo much more difficult and even dangerous, it's like tiny white stressflakes falling from the sky. to me.

But, I don't hate Winter, there's tons of lovely things about it. My favorite thing is probably Christmas. It's such an amazing and magical time of the year. ♥

9. MrTimtendo

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I LOVE the snow as well... It's so pretty to look at, and you can be creative with it as opposed to something like the grass, lol. You can have snowball fights, make forts, go sledding... It's fun! In addition, the only winter chore you'd have to do outside is shoveling, as opposed to things like weeding gardens, mowing the grass, etc. in the warmer seasons. =P

In addition, I was born in the Winter as well (Jan. 29th), so I'm likely a bit bias, haha.

10. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I love everything about winter! Snow, sledding skiing, and building stuff it's all tons of fun. the only time I start to dislike snow and winter is when it hangs around 'till April because then its been there for half a year and you just want to see something green again.

11. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,795.7
    I also forgot the plethora of peppermint things that come out around Christmas.

12. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I love sitting around in a blanket and drinking hot drinks while derping around on the computer when it's snowing outside, and there's nothing but white. <3 That's my favorite thing about winter.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    This! Snow is gorgeous when you're not out in it nor have to go anywhere but after a short while it turns into slush and is just eugh. Commuting is always a pain.

But anyways, I love watching snow fall when I'm at home and don't have to worry about how much it'll pile up the next day.. aka not having to go anywhere anytime soon, as I just mentioned above. It's also insanely satisfying to snug up underneath a warm blanket that just came out of the dryer on a winter day. ♥

14. sammiimariie

sammiimariie Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I love love love winter! The snow. Warm food and drinks. Snuggling in the blankets. Unf~

I can't stand the heat and humidity. Especially where I live because I'm close to a body of water. It's terrible.

Living in a city that has crazy winters, we're used to the snow so commuting isn't that big of a deal. Everyone pretty much says the hell with it to driving bans because we're built for the winter and snow here.

Not to mention, my workplace is only a 20 minute walk from my apartment. Eh heh.. :sweat:

15. Warrior of Hope

Warrior of Hope Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Hot chocolate in mugs and snow on the ground
    White snow balls and warm winter coats
    Christmas presents tied with bright colored bows
    These are a few of my favorite things

Beautiful sugar cookies and delicious fudge
    Christmas lights and trees and decorations everywhere
    The beautiful sunset reflecting off of the snow
    People in tacky sweaters with scarfs so corny
    Whipped cream topping off my hot chocolate
    Sparkling snow making the world more fun
    When the jocks annoy me
    When the haters hate
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so bad

[​IMG]

16. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I live in a country with no winter. Based on my few previous encounters with winter, I have only but positive things to say about it.
    • Snow is so pretty! I love how it glows and glistens so magically under the sunlight. Also, snowmen! :3
    • I love winter wear. Winter coats and boots are awesome.
    • Snowfall! I've only experienced it once or twice before. The first time was at a mountain in Switzerland iirc, and the second time was in Japan. Lots of pleasant memories. <3
    • The feeling of being able to snuggle under warm covers at night and feel sooo comfortable. Mmm.
    • Sitting beside a crackling fireplace with a warm beverage. I've only experienced this once before, and it was an unforgettable moment. So cozy and warm. <3
    • The cold! I live in a country that is has a constant hot and humid climate, so cold weather is a huge refresher and is always looked forward to.

17. Gemini

Gemini "The Explorer"

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.0
    I love winter because of the snow, at night time when there is snow on the roofs of buildings you can practically see it sparkling. Add that with the Christmas lights and it's absolutely mesmerizing

18. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    The low temperature. For some reason, I like cold weather a lot more than hot weather, even though I live in Texas.

19. Treekos

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Vacation, Christmas, Food and it just feels cozy.

20. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I hate to sound cliche but, snow and staying indoors. I'm a world-class hermit and I do everything I can to stay inside and winter is the perfect excuse for me to. I like turning on the heat and sitting in my room under blankets while drawing. It's the coziest time of year and the time I appreciate warm food the most uwaaa~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.