1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite video game moment ?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LassusVulpes, Jan 26, 2020.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    In multiplayer/singleplayer. What is has been your favorite moment in a video game. This can be finishing the game, funny moments, bugs. Anything

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Faded Autumn

Mawile
    (Mawile)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,166.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★
    In dark cloud 2, there’s this giant monster guy named utan, and you need him to move a boulder to progress. He talks all calm and laid back, but when he lifts the boulder he gives off a loud groaning sound that lasts for several seconds... it’s so cheesy, cringe worthy, and over exaggerated that it made me laugh until I literally cried:P:P:P then he sits down and is back to calm voice and is like, oof, there went my back :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've had a few funny moments when playing with friends. One time we played Starbound together, with PvP turned off so we wouldn't accidentally kill each other. Someone got a rocket launcher and I got caught up in the explosion and died, so I said not to use those anymore because the explosion damage probably counted as ambient damage so it was unaffected by turning PvP off. One of my friends didn't believe me. I kept trying to convince him while we were digging into a cave and at some point he just shouted "SCIENCE!" and shot me with the rocket launcher. I died instantly. This has been an ongoing joke ever since.

Another time, with the same friends, we were playing Stardew Valley right after Multiplayer was released. In our typical fashion, we found a bug IMMEDIATELY. The same friend who "scienced" me was the server host, so he was already on while I was designing my character. He came into my cabin and started swinging the scythe at me, which actually forced me out of the character creation menu and spammed the "go to sleep?" prompt. It was funny at the time since the multiplayer mode had just been released (beta I think) and Concerned Ape was asking for bug reports. We managed to find a bug in the first 10 seconds of playing.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Ho boy...I have way too many to list.

One day, I was working my way through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and decided to play the Song of Storms to summon a big fairy from a Gossip Stone (as I was running low on life and magic at that point). No sooner does it start raining in game, does it start raining in real life too!

Granted, it was just a pop-up summertime storm, but it seemed like the Song of Storms also worked in real life!

#4 Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I have more than I can list off the top of my head. Most of them have to do with Riki in Xenoblade I think. Riki's introduction was pretty hilarious starting with him falling on Reyn's head. That started a game of volleyball with Riki as the ball. Other than that, it's mostly Riki's post battle conversations. For example...
    Riki: Thanks to Riki's sidekicks, we win!
    Reyn: What? Sidekick? Who are you calling sidekick?
    Riki: No see anyone else. Must be you.
    Reyn: You stupid furry volleyball, I'm gonna-
    Shulk: *laughs* Reyn, you're such an easy target!
    Reyn also has some hats that got me pretty good. While I was recording the same video I got Riki in, I got one of the silliest hats you can make Reyn wear in the whole game: the Jungle Cap. I laughed for over a whole minute at seeing it on Reyn's head.

There was also some funny things that happened to me in The Legend Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but I don't remember any of them

Other than that it has more to do with who's playing the game for me. For example, Part 3 of the Achievement Hunter Minecraft Let's Play. They had a prank on Jack, and then the reveal of Plan G.

#5 Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I like the moment in Spirit Tracks where Zelda and Link defeat an antagonist named Byrne, who has a pretty cool design, and they are having one of those cliche romantic moments, "together we can do anything" that sort of thing, and Byrne just peaces out, ruining their moment. It always makes me laugh.

7. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    The finale of like every Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game. Never fails to make me cry.
    Already looking forward to the Pmd 1 remake for the Switch.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Heavy spoilers for Xenoblade Chronicles ahead:
    There is an extremely touching moment in the story that totally got me when I first played this game. When Fiora, Shulk, Reyn, and Dunban are reunited, it hit me right in the feels. The organic nature of communication and friendship in this game made her supposed death hurt in the first place. But that scene, even though it had been previously revealed that Fiora was still alive, hit home in a way that vieo games haven't at all before.

Honorable mention goes to the intro of God of War (2018).

9. Leviper04

OLAF
    (Regice)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽81.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Sooo, my favorite moments in gaming would be either on UNDERTALE (pacifist route) when papyrus legit just says "Whoopsy Doopsy! I Just Remembered, I Have To Go To The Bathroom!! You Two Have Fun!!!" then LEGIT just JUMPS out of undynes window instead of using the door xD, another one of my favorites (not on the funny scale) is when I finally beat Jevil and Sans in deltarune and UNDERTALE.

10. enderpearl

enderpearl Bug Catcher

Sliem
    (Goomy)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽115.6
    Undertale overall is great: the storytelling, the lore, the characterization. My favorite part has to be the True Lab from the true pacifist route, both because I love stories about science (and how it can go wrong) and the gritty horror aspect of it is so wildly different from the rest of the game that it just makes you think. I really love Alphys, and the True Lab was my favorite glimpse into her backstory and why she is the way she is.

The "ending" of Minecraft always gets me in the feels (the End Poem by Julian Gough). Again, it's so starkly different from the rest of the game, and the prose is beautiful. 6th-grade me was not ready for that existential crisis after doing /kill @e[type=ender_dragon] in creative mode. But I interpret it as a reminder that the story of Minecraft is never truly over; there are more dreams to be had, more secrets to be unlocked, infinitely more stories to be told.