1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Writer

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Xarn, Jan 29, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Favorite Writer
    In real life we read many books, but sometimes, we start to read books from the same writer/s because their stories have something that the others not.​
    The question is, which is your favorite writer? Are they more than one? Inspired you to write a particular kind of stories? Do you recommend them to other people?​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I love the author Alex Flinn. She has written 10 published books including a pretty well-known book called Beastly. I particually love how she implements a sort of modern twist on fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty in A Kiss in Time.
    If you love fairy tales and romance, I definitely recommend reading one of her amazing books.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Rick Riordan has produced 10 amazing books otherwise known as the Percy Jackson Series and that one series that came after that I can't remember the name of for some reason... Heroes of Olympus!

I love his writing styles and I love the books. :)

4. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I don't read many books these days since we have the interwebs, and all that, but my favorite author of all time is without question, Stephen King.

5. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I haven't read many actual books in a while since I discovered that good fanfiction does exist out there on the interwebs, but I do really like Jim Butcher as an author. He's very clever with his characters and story arcs, which is something most writer's can't do well.

6. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Two authors that I really admire would have to be Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare. Both are fantasy writers centered around some sort of mythology, with Rick Riordan doing long dead mythology in the modern world (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and soon Norse) and Cassandra Clare doing Christian mythology in the Modern World.

What I love about both writers is that they have amazing characters, they aren't afraid to have main characters who differ from social norms (Alec Lightwood for Cassandra Clare and... a certain dark and gloomy demigod for Rick Riordan), and the characters are funny, making hilarious one liners or being absolute nerds. And both writers are bringing out a new series coming out soon... and Cassandra has a book of short stories centred around Simon Lewis coming in the next month.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.