1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Alolan Character!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Lillie by far!!! shes way too cute! Her character is also adorable and i just love her so much!~~~~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DemonicKraken likes this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    That's a hard one, to be honest there was so few characters on SM I really cared about but probably Kahuna Hala I mean he gives you your first pokémon and the ability to ride Tauros and overall seems like a really nice guy. There's also Kukui and some of the trial captains I like but generally the characters I saw the most to were the ones I cared the least about, yes I do not like or even care about Lillie.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I actually now have sort of abandoned Kiawe and moved onto Gladion. I mean he's had to fend for himself for so long. Even though his new boss is the henchman of his mom. So in honesty he's fighting for his survival in a way. Showing his place is fair.

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Like what many are already saying here; Lillie takes the cake. From the very intro of the story to even through the post-game, she is an indirect influence and I really enjoyed how she started out as someone shy and meek, turning into a person who wanted to grow more independent. Much of it is thanks to the player's influence. Doesn't really help that she's pretty much the major waifu of Pokémon thus far. I'd fall for her in a heartbeat if I was the protag. :love: I don't ship a lot of characters together in the Pokémon franchise very much, but her and Sun seem to be special in my eyes and I ship them both hardcore!

She's honestly in my top 3 list of favorite Pokémon game characters of all time...not counting the player themselves. Really I almost feel that the events of the story are just as much of Lillie's own journey as it is your own.

Other honorable mentions I have are Gladion, Hau and Professor Kukui. Gladion grows just as much as Lillie (even though he probably wouldn't admit it outright) in terms of what it means to be a trainer and carrying the burdens on his shoulder. I feel that over the course of the game, he grows from being a blunt douche into developing a deep respect for the player and their strength. His views also seem to change on battling; going from "might makes right" to everyone having their own special styles and finding the enjoyment in battles rather than it all being about winning.

Hau...While yes...he's a rather lackluster rival added to a growing list, he's also unlike any of the others. He's a bit of several, being sort of competitive, enjoying traveling and when you move over, he's basically your new best friend. I found myself looking at Hau like a brother and the way he treats everyone he comes across as almost a part of a family. I constantly compare him to my own friends I grew up with and when you have people like that; the ohana will never turn their backs on you.

And I plain love Professor Kukui. He's a very laid-back easygoing and nonformal professor which is a stark contrast to the guys like Rowan and Oak.

On the other end of the spectrum, the most underwhelming character in Sun & Moon has to be Guzma. While I love his personality and "Y'all are stupid!" "It's ya boy Guzma!" and all, I feel that he really didn't get a lot of screen time and deserved a lot more. Although you hear about him, you don't meet him in person until you're more than halfway through the game.
    Compared to some of the other villainous Team leaders, you meet Giovanni about halfway through the playthrough, Archie and Maxie also early on. In Platinum, you encounter Cyrus almost right away. Ghetsis and Colress are also met early on and you can find Lysandre in Lumiose City when you go for the first time. Honestly, I feel that if Guzma had some more story bounced around in the main quest and a few other things had been changed, I would've suspected him as the main villain and have much less suspicion of Lusamine.

And she's a fantastic villain. Her story is quite tragic.

DemonicKraken likes this.
  5. Israel Pena

Orochimaru
    (Ekans)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.4
    Going with my boi, Guzma.

6. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Im probably gonna have to go for Gladion.
    He's se edgy. You can almost cut yourself with all that edge. (Not an Emo joke.)

7. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Lillie And Meme Nebby.
    But Seriously,Lillie Has Her Development Story In The Game.(A Bit For N?)
    But She Talk To Her Mother In Ultra Space Had Blown My Mind...Like A Party Horn Just Hyped Out.

Geroniny:"Get In The Game,Nebby!"(A 'Get In The Bag,Nebby!' Meme Reference)

8. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    While I love a lot of the Alola region's characters, I think Plumeria is my favorite. It's obvious who has the brains in Team Skull no one

But honestly, Plumeria was the most level headed of the Skull gang and while I was a little upset that Team Skull didn't have any more admins (one? That's it?), I really liked Plumeria's character and how she was taking care of her "family." I hope that in USUM, we get to learn more about her backstory and her work in Team Skull.

Other than that, I really liked Gladion and he stood out to me as more of a rival than Hau.

BraviaryScout likes this.
  9. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Lusamine is like a Cynthia's evil version, what makes her my second favourite character actually. her presence, arguments and way to do the things catched me from the first moment,
    Lillie. Is adorable. her personality is inocent but always keeps her good intentions. She would be my second favourite character.

Teddybear2345 likes this.
  10. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I really liked nanu mainly because he was a sad cat man. Also mallow was cute!

Wings likes this.
  11. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Gladion and Lillie are my favorite characters in the game. Gladion because he's an edge lord with his own awesome Pokémon partner to compliment his edginess, and Lillie because of her overall development from sheltered girl to potential Pokémon trainer.

12. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    "Sad cat man" XD

13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ya boi Guzma obviously. Also, Kukui is pretty chill. Along with his possible brother/cousin the Masked Royale.

Honorable mention to edgelord too though ;)

14. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Lillie because of her adorableness (pouting!?) and her fashion sense,
    dedication to her friends. Also the Nebby combo <3

15. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Acerola is the coolest for sure!

Teddybear2345 likes this.
  16. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I honestly like Gladion. He comes up as a rebel and a mean guy, but he soon becomes, well, not a friend. An acquaintance? Yeah.

17. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I think most of us here will agree that Lillie's our fave xD I actually really liked her involvement in the story and what she did to save Nebby from the hands of her evil mother, Lusamine, who is a special mention to me. Gladion came really close to Lillie but he wasn't exposed that much until later in the story, unlike Lillie, who was already there from the beginning (for goodness sake, she was even in the opening scene)

18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Gladion is so cool! I love sibling characters in general though, so I'd have to go with both Gladion and Lillie.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Edgelord. He's cool and distant but is really just a good old big brother in the end. Hooray for siblings!

I also love that they brought Anabel back. She's one tough trainer, and she looks darn good in that new suit XD Taking a page out of Steven's book I see.

20. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Same, I really don't get the hype about Lillie. She doesn't really add anything to the story, she is just dragged through it.