1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Favourite area in Pokemon Gold and Silver?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Getus, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Pokémon Gold and Silver introduced the fanbase to a host of new areas that collectively form up the Johto region, an exciting region that features areas such as Bellsprout Tower and the Lake of Rage. Out of all these areas which is your favourite?

Mine has to be the Ruins of Alph where we got introduced to the Unown, the alphabet shaped Pokémon and one of, if not the first example of Pokémon with different forms. I spent hours in the original Gold and Silver trying to collect them all to make an alphabet in my box, hours of fun!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The Ice Path, between Mahogany Town and... what was it called, that Dragon village... ^_^;;;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Getus likes this.
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I love Ecruteak City and the Burned and Bell Towers. The myths that orginate from that place make me smile and want to do something with them.

Pyrophobic Quilava likes this.
  4. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I really like Cherrygrove City, it's just so...nice!

5. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I loved the National Park for both the music and the bug hunts!

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I love Ecruteak City and Burned Tower, I've always been interested in those two because of the stories and the rumor dropping in the game.

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    For some reason I just love Olivine City! It may be because of the lighthouse, because I actually loved navigating the place as a child XD

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    The Burned Tower was really haunting and steeped in lore, especially with the whole legend of the Eeveelutions. I'd love to see a bit more into how the lightning strike happened.
    #MissingNo

9. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @ShinigamiMiroku Blackthorn City!
    National Park, Ice Path, and Ecruteak City :)

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    National Park was really fun! I love how you could get a Scyther from it. Scizor was a pretty phenomenal Pokémon in the games so having a Scyther was a great advantage.

11. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I really loved goldenrod city, the vibe I got from it when I first saw it was a very busy city, and the fact that it also plays a massive part in the story with team rocket but also at the same time houses what is considered by a lot of people to be the hardest boss, Whitney, just makes it even more memorable.

12. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    New Bark Town!! It feels so small yet homely to me. I love what they did with it in the remakes, especially the music.

I also like Ecruteak City for it's lore and Olivine City for it's lighthouse. Cinnabar Island was quite cute as well, and it probably holds my favorite town theme in HG/SS along with New Bark.

13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Probably Olivine City as well as Burned Tower. Helping out Jasmine and Amphy was such a sweet little sidequest, and Burned Tower really speaks to my mythology-loving side for its lore on the creation of the Legendary Dogs.

14. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Mt. Silver, you can probs guess why (My boi Red! That battle was legit!)

15. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I'd stick with BellSprout Tower. It was an interesting one to climb as the journey sort of began.

16. Chan

Chan Camper

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.1
    I liked the lake of rage I mean it just sounds cool and looks amazing

17. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ecruteak has always been quite nice to me. The autumn aesthetic is a feast for the eyes.

18. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    National Park was so much fun, I loved the bug hunting contests! The music is so pleasant too... but one area that springs to mind is the route next to the safari zone with all the waterfalls. I loved the music there!

19. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Ecruteak and Ho-Oh's tower will always be my favorites, but recently I realized how much I love Dragon's Den. The area was much better and more immersive in Crystal but I still love it in G/S. Eerie and tense music that's very befitting for the last area in Johto you'd get to explore. And of course, the Ruins of Alph were and still are one of the most unique and interesting places in Pokémon games. ♡

20. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ecruteak city and Mt. Silver are probably my favorites. The dragon shrine is pretty cool too, even though there isn't much there outside of Crystal and the remakes. I liked Azalea town too with the Slowpoke well and the forest.