1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Attack?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixel, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Pokémon is filled with hundreds of different attacks. Some of them are useless (I'm looking at you, Splash), and some of them can be game-changing. What's your favourite and why?

My favourite move would have to be Ice Beam. I'm really into Ice, Ice-types are some of my favourite, and the way Ice Beam is drawn in the anime, as blue lightning bolts, is really cool. But I also like Aura Sphere, Moonblast, Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak and Petal Dance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pokémist likes this.
  2. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    I really like how Aura Sphere, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball. and Hydro Cannon look, the way they're animated and drawn in the manga, the games, the anime. They all look awesome. Bonus points to Aura Sphere for being awesome in SSB.

In terms of use, Spore is awesome. Insta-sleep. Beautiful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    My favourite move would have to be Draco Meteor. Ridiculous base damage, often coming from a very high special attack stat and always getting STAB (unless used by Arceus or Jirachi lol) and only being resisted by Steel and Fairy Types it can be pretty difficult to switch in to. If only it had perfect accuracy...

A close second is Hyperspace Fury, for its great animation and similar reasons to Draco Meteor. If only it wasn't restricted to Hoopa-Unbound.

4. nebengelmann

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My favorite move probably has to be Psychic. It is a high power move (base power 90) and it has a chance to lower special defense. Also my favorite Pokémon type is psychic and, if you haven't been able to tell by my profile pic, my favorite Pokémon is Espeon.

My second favorite move is explosion because it is just a troll.

5. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    My favorite move is Giga Drain. Leaf is my favorite type, and I love all moves that suck the enemy's HP because you're both attacking and increasing your HP without having to use a berry or something. It may not be a highly powerful move but it's still great in my opinion.

6. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Solar Beam is my fav attack. The most powerful attack of a grass type.

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Earthquake for sure! In the first Pokémon game I ever played (Diamond), I Earthquake'd my way through every battle. Yeah, it's my favourite move forever!

8. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Spammable moves are the best moves. Earthquake, Flare Blitz and Brave Bird are all great moves if you used by the right Pokémon. With the introduction of gen 6 Knock Off has also become one my favorites. In the older games Surf was my favorite, but it's become kinda useless now. Still the best of theHM moves though.

East likes this.
  9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Teeter Dance! Even in the anime its such a hilarious move that catch so many people off guard. Its even more so hilarious to use it in doubles! It causes all Pokémon to be confused and that hax is pretty ridiculous when you combine it with paralysis.

Pixel likes this.
  10. PROJECT: Glaceon

PROJECT: Glaceon PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.0
    I like Dragon Pulse. It can usually be found on at least one of the Pokémon on my team, just because of how reliable and powerful it is. Plus, it looks great and I love Dragon types.

11. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Hyper Voice. I ripped through entire teams with a Pixilate/Aerilate Hyper Voice and it's always so much fun to use!

12. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I've always really liked Earthquake. I try to have it on at least one Pokémon in every team I have, haha. I think I like it more though because of notable Earthquake users I've raised, like an Archeops in White and a competitive Garchomp in Y and AS. But it's still pretty awesome seeing your Pokémon take down all 3 other Pokémon in one attack in a multi battle (sorry Karz LOL).

Pixel likes this.
  13. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Sir

I have found somebody who recognizes the pure awesomeness that is Ice type.

Ice Beam is to be frank my favourite move in the entirety of the series. It's useful for a whole heap of situations, and a good number of mons can learn it to expand their coverage out. Not only does the move look awesome, both in the game and in the anime, but it's my favourite typing. Ice types are commonly ascociated with defensive lackluster, but they have some amazing offense up their belts, and certain ones like Walrein and Articuno are serious standout characters. A close second would probably be Toxic, because of how threatening the Bad Poisoning can be to a mon: that stuff does some serious damage!

Also, icey what you did there!

Pixel likes this.
  14. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I like Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave because I'm a meanie XD

Naah, but Knock off, Stealth rock and Brave Bird takes the trophy for me

15. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    BANG BANG! FLARE BLITZ BABY!

16. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,583.4
    I'm quite the fan of Outrage. Confusion aside, it's extremely powerful in the hands of Dragon-type sweepers like my beloved Salamence (and nothing says "Game Over" like steamrolling a weakened team with a Moxie-boosted Salamence on an Outrage spree).

The premise of Spacial Rend is also a favorite. As a physics enthusiast, the idea of shredding space around a target (and the amount of energy required to do that) is just awesome. How can anything survive an attack like that, anyway? (inb4 video game logic)

Earthquake, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt, and Dark Pulse are also moves I enjoy.

17. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    My favourite moves are Blue Flare, Psystrike, Sacred Fire, Hurricane and Fusion Flare, whereas my sister's is Bolt Strike, Judgement, Aero Blast, Thunder and Fusion Bolt. Yep, signature moves of our favourite Pokémon!

18. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    It's pretty hard to choose a favorite so I'll list a few:
    Bullet Punch, Flamethrower, Megahorn, Draco Meteor, Roar of Time, etc.

Bug, Fire, and Dragon moves tend to be my favorite as you can tell.

19. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Close Combat, Overheat, and Dragon Ascent. Those moves have helped me out a lot.

20. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    My favorite move- no surprise- is Dragon Ascent. It's a beautiful move, the animation is incredible- plus it's very powerful, even with the drawbacks. I also really love Dragon Pulse, it's a beautiful and powerful move, and its animation in Gen 6 is really cool. Other moves I like include Ice Beam, Light of Ruin, Aura Sphere, Surf, Thunderbolt, Diamond Storm, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Moonblast, and Flamethrower.