1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Childhood Movies?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ethereal, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    What were some of your favourite movies as a kid and why? Do you still watch them, and you still enjoy them as much as you once did?

---
    Three of my favourite movies growing up were The Neverending Story, The Lion King, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I'd watch them all the time and I have fond memories of sitting down and enjoying them with my family.
    All three remain some of my favourite movies of all time and I still watch them from time to time.
    I loved Bambi, Shrek 2, and the Land Before Time movies as a kid too, but I haven't watched any of them in a while apart from Shrek 2 (which is just as good as I remember it).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    That's a rough one. A lot of the classic Disney live-action movies, such as 'The Love Bug' and 'Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang', are among my earliest and fondest of movie memories. Another example would be the hybrid 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'. I would definitely still enjoy them now, especially since a number of them star my favorite classic actors and actresses, and are (aside from Roger Rabbit) quite wholesome - especially compared to movies of today.

Though, I will say that among movies that are not wholesome (though, admittedly I didn't get 90% of the jokes until I got a lot older), Spaceballs is definitely my favorite and one that I've watched the most, to the point of being able to quote most of the movie.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Lion King is probably the one I still rewatch? And Anastasia.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    There was an animated movie I watched when I was younger that I loved, mainly because 99% of the cast were birds. It's called Rio. And yeah, I was that shallow.

5. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I also liked Rio when I was younger. One of the reasons I liked Articuno was because it resembled one of the characters from the movie.

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    This is going to sound crazy, but when I was a kid some of my favorite movies to watch were Lion King 2, the Little Mermaid 2, and the Aladdin sequels. People hate on Disney sequels, and I get why, but those are the movies I grew up on, because they're the ones I had access to, because they weren't in the Disney Vault, and thus were more accessible.
    I also watched the second and third pokémon movies whenever I could, as well as the Mewtwo Returns movie, which I absolutely loved.
    Today, I still watch kids movies a lot (like, a lot), and the ones that I keep coming back to are Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Brave Little Toaster, and the three Night at the Museum movies.

7. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I really like the Tangerine Bear. Unfortunately not a lot of people seem to know what that is. Its just a really cute heartfelt Christmas movie.

8. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    All Star Wars movies. Mostly Episode 1... Don't blame me for this, please. I was young and loved Jar Jar Binks. I can understand why People hate him, but when I was a kid, I loved his actions and how he spoke.

9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I don't remember many of the movies I watched when I was little; my parents were never ones for rewatching movies, and I didn't know how to work the DVD player, so it wasn't like I watched the same movie twenty times over. I did watch Bambi about three times, though, and I remember really liking 101 Dalmatians as well.

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think my favorites were Mulan, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, and a live action version of Alice in Wonderland and it's sequel. I randomly found a DVD version of The Neverending Story when cleaning my room a while back and haven't taken the time to rewatch it yet. I didn't even know I had it. I have no idea where I got it. It's not the one I watched when I was younger for sure, because DVDs didn't exist back then and I'm pretty sure we would just rent them from some small VHS rental place from time to time.

I was a bit older at this point, but I guess still a kid, maybe more like pre-teen. I used to borrow Spirited Away from my library constantly and just watch it over and over again. Definitely one of my favorites.

11. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Apparently I used to watch The Incredibles a lot when I was younger but I have absolutely no recollection of that... I do remember watching The Simpsons movie multiple times but then my mom thought it was too inappropriate for kids. But my favorite movie is definitely Tangled because I watched it sooooo many times, enough to quote most (if not all) of the movie

12. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    That was my family with the Bee movie and Despicable Me, and it made me hate the former and grow tired of the latter. Odd.

Anyway, my favorite childhood movie would be the Polar Express, because as a little kid I usually watched whatever was on, but I actively sought out the Polar Express. This was because of the song, "When Christmas Comes to Town". Main girl and lonely boy sing it halfway through the movie, and it always tugs at the heartstrings. As a kid, I became obsessed with trying to learn and memorize the song, which was incredibly difficult since I was so young and didn't have access to the internet or YouTube. I only had the one viewing each year to make progress on it. I started around 2nd grade and finally finished around 6th. Fond memories of this one, and to this day it's one of my favorite songs. Also it's a good movie, I guess.

13. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Most of the movies I liked as a kid were low budget live action kids movies that are painful to watch (I’m looking at you Spykids 3 and Sharkboy and Lava Girl) The one exception is the original Spongebob Squarepants Movie. Whenever it was airing on Nick, I’d watch it from start to finish. It took a cartoon I loved watching and gave it the budget it deserved. If I had to guess how many times I have seen the first Spongebob movie, it would probably be around 22 times.

14. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    Oh boy. I can definitely name them. The original Star Wars trilogy, the Back to the Future trilogy, and then for something completely different and actually animated...The Brave Little Toaster. I liked plenty of movies, but those were ones I loved to the point of obsession. How I didn't drive my parents completely mad with all the rewatching I did, I don't know...or maybe I did and they just didn't let on, heh.

And yes, I would still watch them again even now if I have the chance.