1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Generation and Favourite Pokémon from that Generation

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Olz33, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Olz33

Olz33 Bug Catcher

Quazar
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    Please add a moveset if you would like. You may add reasons if you wish.

In case you are blind and cannot see my profile picture, my favourite Pokémon is keldeo. However my favourite generation is Gen 7, as it has a tropical feel and is based on Hawaii, a place I've been. My favourite Pokémon from that generation is Lycanroc Midday form and my moveset would be Accelerock, Crunch, Swords Dance and Brick Break with full attack and speed EVs and a Hard Stone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinyDewott

Vanity
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽54.9
    It's probably a tie between Gens 3 and 5. I love the contests in Gen 3 and it was my first game. However, Gen 5's story and characters are super dope, and both Gens are the hardest in my opinion (leaning close with HG/SS too!).

Fave Pokémon in Gen 3 would be Swampert - my first ever fully evolved starter and also my star Pokémon in the contests. :D
    Fave Pokémon in Gen 5 is pretty obvious as well - Dewott. Oshawott's the first shiny I ever soft-resetted for and since I think 2nd starter evo Pokés are pretty underrated, I chose to stick with Dewott.

3. Olz33

Olz33 Bug Catcher

Quazar
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    Fair Enough, They're nice gens and i like ur reasoning. It's not a bad response. As you can tell I like gen 5 too.

4. Wizarmonfan

Wizarmonfan Black Belt

Pyro
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽895.0
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Exp. Share ★★
    Favourite generation is Kanto and my favourite Pokémon atm is Incineroar.

5. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Personally, I prefer the third/fourth generation, and the sixth.

Not really by a landslide though, but I will honestly admit that I like generation 7 the least. Primarily due to the over-abundance of legendaries/UBs.

Uhm, but my favourite Pokémon are...

(shiny Mega) Gardevoir
    Drifblim
    aaaaand... Delphox

Cuz... reasons, there's no particular reason why, but I enjoy fighting with them quite a bit. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    Gen 3. First game i ever played was Emerald. I absolutely love it there. The Pokémon are cool, The story is decent, and it's a great generation. Favorite Pokémon is Latias.

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Gen5 was just kinda... meh. Story was decent, but Pokémon were forgettable. :\

My favourite gen would probably be 2 or 3, but my favourite Pokémon is Gen4!Dunsparce. With Serene Grace, Headbutt, TWave/Body Slam, Bite, and Rock Slide, there's little that can stop him unless you're really lucky.

8. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Has to be Generation V. Some of the designs were...interesting and some were really cool. We didn't have such an immersive story until then, which I think the previous four sort of lacked.

Even though my name incorporates a Gen V Pokémon, I'd have to say that Volcarona is my favorite.

9. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My favorite generation has to be gen 3, as Emerald was the first game I've beaten. And Absol is my favorite of that generation. Why I like it is... pretty self-explanatory. XD

10. Olz33

Olz33 Bug Catcher

Quazar
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    That's OK, I'm all in for opinions!

11. Olz33

Olz33 Bug Catcher

Quazar
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    So true, and did you know my second favourite Pokémon is Braviary?
    P.S. I know someone is going to ask so my third is greninja

12. Olz33

Olz33 Bug Catcher

Quazar
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    #Undertale4Days

13. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    YUSS

14. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My favorite gens - yes, with an s since it's literally impossible for me to choose - would be 3 and 4.

Out of those Gens, my favorite Hoenn Pokémon is Sceptile! I love the design and it's a great battle Pokémon. In the gen 6 remakes, I really like the Mega Evo but that's kinda unrelated. And for Sinnoh? Gallade! Cool design and a very powerful force for sure.

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Gen 5 with Liepard and Gen 7 with Alola Vulpix/Ninetales or Rockruff.

16. PokemonGuardian2000

Pidgeotto
    (Pidgeotto)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.2
    My favorit epokemon reigon is johto. My favorite Pokémon form gneration 2 is Suicune.

17. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'll give you two guesses as to my favorite Pokémon...

However, my favorite generation is the fifth. It was quite a bit darker, and it touched on issues that matter to me. From that gen, Shiny Volcarona is my personal little destructo-moth. The design is majestic, the colouring is beautiful, and the power is no slump.
    #MissingNo

18. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Gen 2 with Raikou, I've liked Raikou ever since the first time I saw it as a kid. I have faves from all the gens of course gen 2 is just my all time favorite, yes I know is weird for me to favor such a bland gen when gen 3 and later generally do things better.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Gen 3, Hoenn4Life. Favorite Pokémon is SCEPTILE (Jukain is its Japanese name, from which I get my name :) )

20. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Tie between Hoenn and Unova for me.
    I started of with gen 3, so I love it mostly for nostalgic reasons.
    I love gen 5 because of the storyline in the games and the amount of cool Pokémon introduced in them.
    My favourite Pokémon from Hoenn are: Blaziken, Aggron, Wailord, Breloom, Milotic, and Sharpedo.
    My favourite Unova Pokémon are: Snivy, Virizion, Samurott, Black Kyurem, Krookodile, Gigalith, Simisage, and Escavalier.