1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite New Pokémon in Sword & Shield?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What's your fave new Pokémon in Sword & Shield?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    So far? WOOLOO.
    It won me over at first glance! But I like a few more too, and I just need some time to get used to them all~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Like many others, my favourite's currently wooloo. I mean, it's cute AND a sheep. There isn't anything better....probably there is. A close second for me is Gossifleur. I've no particular reason to like it, except for it's design.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    Corviknight is my favorite of the new Pokémon by far. ITs an awesome metal raven thing based off of the Fly animations from the previous games. Honestly, I think the only thing that could make me love it more would be if it was Dark type.

Overall, my personal rankings for these new Pokémon in relation to each other would be:
    1. Corviknight
    2. Drednaw
    3. Zacian
    4. Gossifleur
    5. Eldegoss
    6. Zamazenta
    7. Wooloo

5. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My personal favorite is Corviknight. Wooloo's really growing on me as well, though I more than likely won't be using one on my team.

6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Pokémon Company: "We have a sheep, a snapping turtle, some nice flowers, an armored raven-"
    Me: "You had me at sheep."

Seriously though, I like all the new designs so far.
    • Wooloo is my favorite of the bunch simply because it's adorable and I want a dozen of 'em.
    • Drednaw has an awesome name, and it's about time we had a proper snapping turtle Pokémon.
    • Gossifluer looks fabulous and Eldegoss looks freaking cozy, I love it.
    • Corviknight is definitely the coolest one so far and is my brother's new favorite next to Zacian (He's a Dark Souls fan).
    • I like both Zamazenta and Zacian equally simply because of the mythological references behind their designs. Which is why I'm getting both versions.

7. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    Corvinight is my personal favorite!
    I like its design, it is so cool!
    (It reminds me a lot of Staraptor, which is like one of my all-time favorite, so I guess this explains that)

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    Corviknight may very well be the coolest design I've seen in a Pokémon since Aggron. I don't know what it is about it, but it appealed to me immediately. Unless it is a straight dumpster fire, you had better believe it will be on my team.

Wooloo looks really cute, and I'm heavily enjoying a lot of the fanart that has spawned from it thus far. I hope its evolutions are competitively viable, because I really like it too.

Other than these two, I still am not a fan of any of the other new Pokémon. I'm sure there will be some that stand out to me as we receive news of other new Pokémon, but I'll have to wait and see.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Corviknight!
    Seriously it's gotta be one of the most metal Pokémon out there. It could easily come from a dark fantasy show or game.

My current rankings for the new Pokémon would probably go.
    1. Corviknight
    2. Grookey - While it may have been thrown out of its spot as my favorite Galar Mon by Corviknight, I still love this little grass monkey a lot!
    3. Rolycoly - Cute name, and will probably evolve into something cool. Some people have suggested it might have a train theme, which sounds neat.
    4. Impidimp - Unpopular opinion but I actually like this lil guy even if he does look more like a character from the Yokai watch universe than a Pokémon.
    5. Wooloo - Round fluffy sheep. Bit generic though.
    6. Zamazenta - Hated it at first but it has grown on me a lot in the past 24 hours. Now I think it's pretty neat, although a bit overdesigned.
    7. Drednaw - Nice colour scheme and reminds me a lot of Guiron, and any Pokémon that looks like a kaiju is a win in my opinion.
    8. Eldegoss - Pretty cute. Like it's colour scheme to.
    9. Alcreme - Cute but not very interesting to me. I can understand why others like it though
    10. Scorbunny - Cute, although I probably won't pick it unless it has a cool final evo.
    11. Sobble - ^^^^^
    12. Gossifluer - Doesn't interest me much.
    13. Yamper - Weird squashed face, overly simplified body that makes it look more like a toy than a living creature, ugly colour scheme, not a fan of it's design at all.
    14. Daruladon - Why, just why? Looks like the severely deformed child of gigalith and palkia.
    15. Zacian - Confusing design, bad colour scheme, to many details. Terrible. Worst box legendary by far.

EDIT: ranked and added opinions on the Pokémon from the recent trailer

#9 Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Wooloo, but Corviknight is a close second. I'm glad so many people seem to like Wooloo. When I first saw it, I thought I would be the only one.

11. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Drednaw from the latest batch of reveals but I liked all of the ones in the direct, all great designs. Wooloo looked a bit too simple until I saw them rolling around, then I was sold.

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Corviknight and Drednaw, love their designs even if I'd wish for a different typing on both of them. They're on the list of mons I wanna try train that's for sure.

13. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Corviknight is also my favorite, followed by Drednaw. For the former, it is a simple, yet elegant and intimidating design that just screams badass. For the latter, it just looks cool. Like a cross between Grotle and Druddigon, but with a brighter color scheme. And you can already tell what it's name means: Drednaught + Maw.
    The only one I wasn't very fond of was Eldegoss. The head just looks awkward to me, and I think they should have made the dandelion part a lot smaller.

14. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Yamper is everything I ever wanted in a corgi Pokémon. Short, cute, and it comes with a little yellow scarf. You can’t say no to that.

15. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I like the Pokémon we’ve seen so far, but not enough to get attached to them. Scorbunny is still my favorite. But Zamazenta is starting to grow on me.
    Ranking from best to worst, because why not:
    Scorbunny
    Zamazenta
    Corviknight
    Gossifleur
    Grookey
    Impidimp
    Wooloo
    Drednaw
    Eldegoss
    Sobble
    Yamper
    Zacian

16. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I actually really like Impidimp. It looks silly, but it's definitely not the traditional look that most fairy Pokémon have, which I love. I don't know if this is actually the case, but I think that Impidimp, being a dark/fairy type, is based off of unseelie fae/fairy, and I really love that idea. Impidimp is probably the one new Pokémon that I'm the most excited to see more of, like its Pokédex entries and if it's part of an evolutionary line. It would be awesome if Impidimp is part of a split off evolutionary line of seelie and unseelie fae, or light and ark fairies. That would be so cool.

17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    So now that the dex has been completely revealed, I figured I'd post my updated favourites list.

Appletun and Flapple - These fellas have already made my all-time faves list. Appletun is perfect. Small, chubby, and cute as hell. Flapple has a really unique design and I love lil chubby round cheeks. If I did buy these games I'd definitely have one of these guys on my team.

Dragapult - A lot of people seem to love this one, me included. Easily one of my favorite psuedo-legendary designs. I love everything about it, especially the stealth bomber inspiration and the colour palette they used on him. Cool typing as well.

Snom - Frosmoth is fantastic to, but Snom is absolutely adorable and perfect in every way. I feel like it'd be one of those Pokémon that would be hard to evolve just because of how cute it is.

Grimmsnarl - As a fan of Impidimp, I'm so glad he got this badass evolution. Seriously, Grimmsnarl is God damn amazing. The whole line is 10/10 honestly.

Inteleon - I was never much of a sobble fan (as you can see by my previous posts on this thread), but I think Inteleon is really cool. Unpopular opinion, I know.
    I will admit it took a while to get used to how skinny it looks, but overall I think the design is neat. I love the spy theme a lot.

Dracovish - I'm really torn on this fella. One one hand he is cute as hell and I love how weird he looks. On the other hand, I feel like he'd be in pain all the time because he is literally a just a tail with a fish head stuck on it :(

Some of my other favourites from this gen are Sandaconda, Zamazenta, Rillaboom (and Grookey obviously), the Hatterene line, Falinks, Mr Rime, Runerigus, Corviknight, and Cursola.
    Despite my very negative views on SwSh and the dex cut, this gen has a lot of cool new mons. Hopefully I can use some of these mons in future games

#17 Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  18. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Design-wise, my favourites for this generation are Dubwool, Orbeetle, Corviknight, and Galarian Meowth.

I love Orbeetle's colour scheme and how it glows during attacks, Corviknight just looks so good to me and I did raise one for a while.
    Galarian Meowth... I love its design but I was disappointed to find that it's not actually a chubby fluffy cat, it's just its beard. I do love Purrserker's shit-eating grin tho

19. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    After playing the game... I'd have to say Flapple! Although the design will likely be considered among the worst by some fans, the Pokémon is really charming and I love its ability on the battlefield. Corviknight would be my second place Pokémon still, mostly due to the fantastic design. Definitely my favorite regional bird since Staraptor.

20. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Frosmoth is my new favorite, now that all of the new Pokémon are revealed. I still do like Corviknight, though.