1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Paper Mario?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sethal, Jun 6, 2018.

?

Favourite Paper Mario?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2019.
  1. Papier Mario (N64)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Paper Mario: The thousand-year Door (GameCube)

16.7%
  3. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

33.3%
  4. Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3ds)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mario&Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. (3ds)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U)

50.0%
  1. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Paper Mario, a series with 6 entrys, if I'm correct. For me, it was one of my favourite Spin off series, along with Pmd. But what's your favourite
    Game in the Series? Tell me why!
    For me, it's Color Splash for the legendary Wii U. The graphics are perfekt, and it's a Game full of jokes. Although the story isn't the best, it's solid. All levels have their own Ideas and are making fun if you're playing them. But don't get me wrong, I love all entrys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    TTYD. Super began to move away from the original formula and the later entries continued it until it became just another platformer, but TTYD had that perfect balance of story, combat, humour, and extras that make it one of my top 10 videogames to date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sethal likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Super Paper Mario was our first game of the bunch. We have the first two Paper Mario games now too, but I really like Super Paper Mario the best. The story just feels so much different, and the characters are all so snarky, I love it.

Sethal likes this.
  4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I have only ever played Sticker Star, and while I loved the battle mechanics, the special functions, and the overworld activities, the plot was not very engaging (then again, it's the basic Mario formula, so...), Luigi wasn't important enough, and the character of Kersti is not developed at all. Since this is the only unique character to this game, and the only other main character is Mario, this subtracts from the story a bit. However, these nitpicks are not enough for me to dislike the game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan to try more in the future, as soon as I get the chance.

Sethal likes this.
  5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Super Paper Mario was the first Paper Mario game I ever played, and I absolutely loved it. I nearly completed the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials, then my siblings jammed SPM and Splatoon inside the Wii U. Wii U survived, but the other games didn't. Then I got Sticker Star. My hopes were high after Super Paper Mario, but Sticker Star was nothing like the Paper Mario I loved.

Sethal likes this.
  6. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Color splash because I like the idea of 100% completing it with limited resources.

Sethal likes this.
  7. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Color Splash! I loved 100% the game!

Sethal likes this.