1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Pokemon Moves?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by GlaceonSilver, May 14, 2018.

1. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    Moves!

Over the seven generations of Pokémon, Game Freak has introduced many, many moves for Pokémon to use both in and out of battle. Some are spectacular and can change the tide of battle, whereas others, well... let's just say that they're about as useful as a level 100 Magikarp. This thread is to discuss which moves are particular favourites of yours!

When it comes to a simply powerful move, I always look to Palkia's signature move spacial rend. 100 power, 100 accuracy, a high critical hit ratio, and dragon typing? Yes please. Spacial Rend is an absurdly strong move and remains my favourite when it comes to just raw power. I also love its animation in generation 4.

However, in Pokémon, strength is hardly everything to look out for. Strategy is also key; enter trick room, which is my favourite strategic move. To me, there's always just been something fascinating about flipping the speed order on its head. It allows for a whole bunch of otherwise slow Pokémon to really stand out and have a chance to shine and is really fun for just throwing the battle off completely. I'm not a competitive player by any means, but I still find some fun in trick room.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My favorite attack is probably Leaf Blade :3 It sounds cool, looks cool, and isn't too shabby in power either! Ever since I saw Grovyle use it in the anime I was like "Whoa, that's awesome"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My favourite is Darkest Lariat because it is the signature move of Incineroar, which I'm sure a lot of you know is one of my fave Pokémon :)

4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I don't really play much Pokémon, but I do remember liking metronome. I believe that the reason is pretty obvious. Just in case it isn't, I like the move because it's just so random. You never know what you're gonna get.

5. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I would have to say blast burn because A: Kill it with FIRE!, B: nothing says kill quite like overkill!, Fire is my favorite typing.

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Same! It's always so fun to get OP moves super early in the game. :3

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Oh, another one of my favorite moves was Aerial Ace. I thought it was cool that it never misses. XD

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Body Slam/Thunder Wave + Headbutt/Bite

>:)

9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    My favorite move...That's really hard. I'd have to say that I'm going to put mine in categories. My favorite non legendary physical move would probably be Meteor Mash. Not the strongest, but it's still very strong and can raise attack. My favorite non legendary special move would probably be Ice beam, because I love ice and ice beam is one of the few solid ice type moves. My favorite legendary attack is a mix between Roar of time(Dialga), because I love the idea, and Fiery Dance. Fiery dance is just such a cool attack with the power to raise special attack. It was also a killer move in conquest.

10. DoctorAlakazam

DoctorAlakazam Contributor

First Try :]
    (Chansey)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,471.0
    Helix Fossil ★★★
    Flamethrower and ice beam

11. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I like most moves that are exclusive to a Pokémon, mostly because a lot of them are just really cool, powerful, and/or have amazing animations. Also, something about owning the only Pokémon that can learn a move is very satisfying.

12. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I've really grown fond of "set-up" moves like Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, and things like that. Moonblast is also pretty high up there, and uhhh I think Hydro Pump as well as Fire Blast/Flamethrower are my favourites, too! Dragon Claw is a move that I really like too, and Dragon Pulse!

.... It's clear that I have way too many favourite moves. xD