1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Who's your fave Sinnoh Gym Leader??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,684.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    My favorite gym leader is Maylene. Her character was nice and humble and she did the fighting type proud. Her gym design wasn't exactly the best, I'll admit, but she stood out too me.
    Runner up goes to Byron, but only the Anime version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I haven't played the games, so this is based just one what I've seen in the anime, but my favorite gym leader was Byron. His character design is awesome. I love how both him and his son are gym leaders of two different gyms. And, I'm going to do my best to not sound bitter here, he's one of the few Sinnoh gym leaders in the anime who actually takes his responsibilities as gym leader seriously (Please don't get me started on Fantina or Candice, as well as Maylene and Volkner to a lesser extent).

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Fantina and Crasher Wake.

5. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,245.5
    Volkner for sure. I think he really sets a serious mood at the end of the game. He is a sneak peek at some of the harder trainers in the game, and I also liked him growing up. His Electivire led to me wanting my first Electivire (since I hadn't seen one before that).

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Crasher Wake all the way, I love how over the top he is :P

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,507.1
    My favorite would be Crasher Wake. Because he's a wrestler. I don't even like wrestling, but still.

8. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Crasher Wake
    He his a crazy guy and uses a Quagsire. I love him!

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,933.2
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I like them all but if I had to pick then Crasher Wake

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Candice is my favorite Sinnoh Gymleader for sure

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Roark for being cute lol. I also like Candice for her adorable design! Overall Sinnoh had the most forgettable gym leaders for me, but those two are cool. :heart:

12. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Byron, at least in the anime. I love large hams, and they don't come much larger or hammier than screaming "I LOVE [insert object of affection here]!" every time something happens. Complete with shovel wielding and explosions. Hell yes. xD;

I LOVE FOSSILS! AND I LOVE BASTIODON TOO! *explosion*

13. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Candice. I love ice types and I don't know if I love this character, but I like her design and really love the ice typing. I didn't really enjoy her gym but I felt like it wasn't the worst. I more like her ice typing rather than anything else.

14. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Fantina because of her awesome accent and cool aesthetic.

15. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Volkner because he was really cool. It was rather shocking.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've always liked Volkner, probably because he had a Luxray which -at the time- was one of my favourite Pokémon. He's the most memorable Sinnoh gym leader too imo.

17. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I guess Crasher Wake? He's the only Gym Leader in Sinnoh I can name off the top of my head... XD

18. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Fantina struck me as much more interesting than the other gym leaders because 1) I had to travel for such a hecking long time before I could challenge her gym! and 2) she’s at least bilingual or a foreigner from her accent. I have a lot of respect for people who can speak more than one language/people who move to a different country despite knowing there will be a big culture change. I moved once to a new country and it’s not for me, but seeing another foreigner like Fantina in the games spoke to me.

Oh, and Candice because she’s super adorable, in the games, and the anime!

19. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Candice.

Because she is the major bae of Sinnoh besides Cynthia

20. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Roark because I have always enjoyed the fact that he is the only Gym Leader with a father at another Gym as the leader but he stays with the original theme of Rock whereas Byron went to Steel. still a classic rock type so I had to put it in. Then as a tribute to my second favorite Sinnoh gym leader