1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Spoopy Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixel, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It's October, and you all know what that means; time to grab that one fake skeleton you own out of the closet and put it somewhere in the house, order everything in Pumpkin Spice flavour, and change your new favourite colours to orange, purple, green, and black for 31 days. Hey, even Lake Valor's getting into the spoopy spirit with a butt-ton of events, but here's a little something that's more casual and I'm pretty sure everyone can participate in - talking about your favourite Spoopy Pokémon!
    (NOTE: This is not part of Oktoberfest, and there's no prizes, but just do it anyway.)

The rules are simple; make a post with who your favourite Spoopy Pokémon is, and why. A Spoopy Pokémon can be of any type, but it must have something scary incorporated into its design or lore. For example, Gengar are spoopy because they're Ghost types, but Hypno are spoopy because they kidnap children.

So, let's all share our favourite Spoopy Pokémon!
    This thread has honestly turned into a place to post cute gifs omg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Mine's Haunter. The design of the face is spoopy and gives me chills!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My favourite Spoopy Pokémon is his little cutie - Phantump!

[​IMG]

It's design is both spoopy and cute - the way it's eyes are designed gives me the chills, but it's also very smol and cute and a cinnamon roll. The shiny colours are also a bit spoopier than the regular colours - the white bark makes Phantump much more ghost-looking. What a lot of people don't know about Phantump is there's an aspect to its design that make it very spoopy - its lore.

It's Pokédex entries in Pokémon X and Y tell a very sad tale about how Phantump came to be. "These Pokémon are created when spirits possess rotten tree stumps. They prefer to live in abandoned forests. According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest." The entry in Pokémon X outlines how Phantump are created when spirits possess rotten tree stumps, but the Pokémon Y entry specifically states that the spirits are those of children who died while lost in the forest. If that isn't spoopy, I don't know what is. As a side note, this concept of tree spirits is something known in Japan as "kodama". If you recognise the name, it's because the little tree spirits in the Studio Ghibli film, Princess Mononoke, are also called "kodama".​

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'm going to pick Reuniclus! It looks like a cute little stuffed animal, but instead of stuffing, it's made of goo! It is like a kawaii bubble frankenstein Pokémon.

[​IMG]

#KawaiiSpoopBestSpoop

Its shiny colors are also one of my top favorites.
    [​IMG]

Pixel likes this.
  5. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (NYEHEHEHE)

My fav is Sableye! These rock-eating gremlins and their toothy grin. While I find them cute instead of scary, I wouldn't want to run into them if I get lost in a dark cave. Those sharp teeth and claws would make quick work of unlucky explorers!

Omega Ruby Dex Entry:
    Sableye lead quiet lives deep inside caverns. They are feared, however, because these Pokémon are thought to steal the spirits of people when their eyes burn with a sinister glow in the darkness.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    [​IMG]

My favorite spooky Pokémon is... Rotom! I love that this little guy has a unique typing in Electric/Ghost, and also has access to some pretty awesome alternate forms as well (Rotom-Wash for the win!!! ;) ) I have a shiny Rotom in ORAS and it was absolutely killer in battle (not to mention it looked awesome XD)

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Saaaaame for me. Heck, one of the Pokémon in my signature is a Phantump. Cute and spooky is my aesthetic. Speaking of which...

[​IMG]

I also really like Mimikyu.

Because 1: It's cute as heck and wants to be loved.
    And 2: It apparently can give you a heart attack if you look under its disguise because of how terrifying it is. Yeah... XD

8. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    [​IMG]

My favorite one is the ghost of frozen landscapes, Froslass. It's easy to love its simple yet elegant design, and it being based on japanese lore just makes it better.

9. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Espurr. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE EYES?! hqdefault.jpg

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Shedinja. One of my favourite Pokémon from the 3rd-generation, it likes to steal the souls of those who look into the husk that Ninjask had crawled out of when it evolved through the hole in its back.

x_xx_xx_x

11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Mine's Gastly! ^-^
    This Pokémon really looks like a ghost and above all, its voice.....oh.....I like it so very much! ^^

12. Cloud

Cloud School Kid

Pikachu
    (Pikachu)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Well, I've gotta go with Sableye. It's nasty little grin, and creepy movements are some of the creepiest things I've seen in a ghost Pokémon! ahaha
    [​IMG]

13. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Hmmm, I wonder...

Mine is Gengar, the original spoopy Pokémon. I appreciate how powerful it is and there are very few of my Pokémon teams that won't have a Gengar on them. Plus the Pokédex entries for them tend to be super spooky. Case in point:

"Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up." (Sun)

"It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans." (Moon)

The Moon entry in particular goes from cool to 2SPOOPY real quick.

14. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Banette! I always love hearing about haunted dolls and toys and that’s exactly what Banette is.

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I suppose Zubat can be qualified as spoopy because it's a bat with big nom fangs? That might be a bit of a reach, but I love it nonetheless. Other than Zubat, I really like Haunter. It's so spoopy, the word 'haunt' is in its name! I always found it looked much scarier than the floof ball that is Gastly and the chubby huggable Gengar.

16. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Even though it's not October anymore, I'm still gonna post.

Mine has to be Yamask, it holds ITS FACE AS A HOOMAN in its tail thing and CRIES
    This picture doesn't really reflect it but it's COOL
    [​IMG]

17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Midnight Lycanroc. It counts, right? I mean it is based on a werewolf, and werewolves are common 'horror' creatures in popular culture.
    [​IMG]
    Anyways, Midnight Lycanroc is one of my favourite mons, and has been since it's reveal. I'm usually not a fan of 'edgy' Pokémon, but Midnight Lycanroc is too awesome and full of character not to love. It's such a cool Pokémon and I love how much personality it has in game. Like that "bring it on/come at me bruh" motion it does with its hands in battle.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and did I mention it has an awesome shiny? Because it does. Even better, it was my first shiny in Sun! Caught via random encounter as well!