1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

FF.net Writers

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Oh. My. Flipping. Gosh.

That dude...is a nitpicker saint. I'd seen that review before and it made absolutely no sense to me. Because of how he whined about the lowercase Pokémon name, even the word, "Pokémon", itself. I legit thought that I was doing something wrong one the comma side of my fanfic because I personally find that to be the main issue itself when I first upload my Pokémon fanfic, Mixturing Moves, to FFnet. But then he start complaining about other things such as the capitalization thing and how my characters are (in which this is being a different story, though). Anyway, because of that review, I had to remove my fanfic from FF and kept it on Watty for awhile. I thought that everyone on .net would be EXACTLY like that guy. He even told me to block him if I didn't like him and that I did. Honestly, I don't find that as a criticism either. I find it as an pet peeve or subjective, as everyone else said. And it's not like he'll even like my story after reading those capitalization, judging by how the way he "critic" my story. .__."

Even my friend agrees!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DiancieIsBae likes this.
  2. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah Farla is someone I have personally experienced. Just ignore them. They are just stuck up trolls whose stories are garbage and whose attitude is even worse.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    It's disheartening to see so many people get that review, especially since it's a straight-up copy-pasta. I put him on ignore, despite his being correct (to an extent), because if you're not gonna rate the content too then don't bother nitpicking the grammar. I'm actually pretty on-point when it comes to grammar too; a couple of my earlier fics had some decent issues, but I learned from them because there were people who examined both the grammar AND the content, for both the good and the bad. Like I said, I totally get where he/she is coming from, but because Pokémon is unique I think it makes more sense to follow its grammar conventions than to follow standard English grammar conventions when the two disagree.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  4. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    So I'm not the only one to get an overly-critical comment from Farla before.

But yeah, this is not a valid criticism since even within the Pokémon universe, they still capitalize Pokémon species. I get the feeling Farla doesn't understand how that works despite trying to come off as professional. After all, this is the same person who once got on my case for capitalizing Mohawk when that word is SUPPOSED to be capitalized. I don't understand why, makes no sense to me, but that's just how it is.

To be fair, I do give this person some credit in that when she (I see that username and that's what comes to mind) critiqued my story, she was criticizing a bunch of other stuff, some of it legitimately valid, like how I forgot to capitalize Dad when it was actually being used as a name. But most of her complaints consisted of her misinterpreting story elements, getting after me for describing a Pokémon instead of just stating its name even though that's not how the kind of story in question works and basically jumping to assumptions without reading more than one chapter. And to think I actually took her comment seriously to a certain degree.

#24 Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Sonic Ramon likes this.
  5. Dragon's Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.0
    Hey, welcome to the Pokémon Fanfiction community. We've been putting up with them for a DECADE. If you weren't warned not our fault yoou shouldn't just jumped. If you want you can raise awareness of this via twitter or something.

Because others have and no one listens until it happens... always. Oh, and your story probably a pariah now. Have fun.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    ... You must be fun at parties.

7. Dragon's Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.0
    Yeah I know I'm being a dick but as I learned the fanfic community has tried twice (starting look like thrice) to get people to hear our warnings and nothing happens. We're either dismissed or not taken seriously. So when it does happen either three things happen. The writer stops writing, they make the changes and learn that their story is doing poorly (which isn't a surprise these reviewers are seen as terrible writers), or they yell at us. So yeah not the best thing...

I went through this but I completely ignored them until chapter 25. Then I yelled at them... and it turns out they post pm replies publicly. So they are jerks.

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, I noticed this as, after I posted this, I started to look around at other fanfics and realized that this was common. It's unfortunate that they cannot be gotten rid of, but at the same time if we were able to ban every person that disliked our fanfics there wouldn't be very many left.

Fortunately, in my case, it was accepted by the people I wrote the fanfic I got this review for (I mostly just posted it on FF.net to keep a permanent copy of it), so after my initial annoyance I put it behind me.

9. Dragon's Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.0
    Could you at least warn people about them? Its parly why its so annoying no one hears about them until its too late