1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fidget Spinners? Thing of the past?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Remember when kids would spin moving objects with their hands and think they ruled the world?

That was me.

Now that it's pretty much dead, does anyone even use them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I hope so. :annoyed:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    never

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    No idea. There's a gift shop at the airport where I work that always has them full stock. I don't know whether it's because the supplier is unusually on the deadline or that they're not selling.

I like mine, but I'm fairly sure they're just like any fad...and gonna disappear almost as quickly as it came.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The fate of cancer spinners is like that of any poorly-designed meme - gone and forgotten, and dangerous to your computer. (Seriously, the thing is magnetic. I'm not letting one near anything I own.)

We went from hover-scooters in 2015 to this in 2017? Where did the creative genius get shunted off to, anyway?

Vigilance and FireSpartan5 like this.
  6. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    They’re probably still banned in Russia.

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Right? I'm wondering if I could come out with something stupidly entertaining to people and make a crap-ton of money off of it :P

8. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Fidget Spinners are dead? I wonder if my English teacher will keep the 'no fidget spinners' poster in the classroom...?

9. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Honestly, good. I never found them funny or entertaining.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  10. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    lol I seriously am laughing not on that fidget spinners are dead but at they just came in India and most of kids have one.
    Anyway I had one too which was a gift from a snack shop but instead of playing I disassembled it and thought why they spin so smoothly and why they have a particular shape. >_< Anyway the craze is less now but yeah kids here still enjoy playin it. I find nothing fun in it tho. XD

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  11. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I'm an adult who has only ever seen them in use twice (once by one co-worker after the fad became a thing, and the second time when I got one myself because why not)

So the time of kids spinning things thinking they ruled the world was extremely brief and detached for me - I saw some meme videos about them and the person I know and myself got it kind of as a joke, but I never saw it as a huge deal. Stupid fads happen all the time. This was nothing new.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It was really annoying and I am hoping it is just gone and over with.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I find it really interesting that countries that get the fad later are still in it. It feels like time travel knowing that it's going to die out.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I wish I had one, but everyone in my family is from an older generation of "ugh, millennials" so I would feel self conscious buying one for myself and I don't expect anyone to get me one. I have difficulty concentrating on things sometimes if I'm not doing something with my hands. Unfortunately that often defaults to eating. It's not very healthy since, when it's something I just do absentmindedly, I don't pay attention to how much I eat. I'm not as bad about that as I used to be and I've actually lost a lot of weight since I became more aware of it. I try to play handheld games, but that requires a little too much attention. Just doing something absentmindedly like fiddling with a fidget spinner would probably help me out a lot.

Vigilance likes this.
  15. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Fidget spinners are good for what Wolf Expert mentioned, doing something with your hands if you have attention span issues. But most kids weren't using them for that. I won't say I expected that they would die out, because I didn't, but I didn't see much of an appeal in them when they were big. During the beginning, all those 'popular' children were flaunting their $100 spinners, and considering I'm not in that clique, I was pining to just be able to spin one - they were literally right under my nose, and the next big thing, come on. But after time it just got pointless, especially after my friends started buying $100 spinners as well. The only person I know now who doesn't mock them is my brother, who probably has four at this point.

16. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I've always thought fidget spinners were meant to be kind of a gimmick thing that would last like two or three months tops before all the hype fizzled out.