1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Figuring out how to Build YOUR Red Stone Ideas in Minecraft Bedrock

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nova Ozuka, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I'm getting bored waiting for the new Pokémon Games to come in, and I'm trying to get Sword preordered for myself, so I'll be waiting a whole week before I get to play it. I've already kind of burned myself out on YGO Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution and Team Sonic Racing, the two newest games I've gotten since my Birthday last month.

While I'm waiting for a new game, I thought I would start this idea. This is how this thread is going to work: you post a suggestion, and I will try to build it. If I succeed, I'll post a screenshot in this thread. This way I can learn some new Redstone tricks for when I inevitably start making my own Minecraft videos with Java edition.

I've already built a vault, and piston doors are something I do often, especially when I'm building a secret base. I've also built a mob farm that I designed for some early farming and a fireworks display that constantly fires. I even made a machine that shoots eggs into someone else's build, which I will eventually build to be more secretive in design. Obviously, if I end up on the likes of the Hermitcraft Server, that won't be all the Redstone I would be doing, so give me some ideas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I haven't really experimented with redstone/redstone dust, but Jacksepticeye built some interesting mechanical devices for level-farming (though he admitted that they weren't his ideas).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    While I've been bored out of my skull, I ended up working on a modified version of my mob farm. The modifcation? The inside is a whole chunk in everything but height and the walls are on the surrounding chunks. I also attempted to build a Sugar Cane farm.

Pro Tip: Test your creations in Creative. Also, when building a Mob Farm in Creative, it's best to just drain a whole chunk of ocean before construction so you don't have to do as much or any mining.

4. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    So at this point, I already have Sword and even finished it, but I'm working on designing a base in Minecraft. The general plan, should I ever end up on Hermitcraft, is to have a temporary base until I build my real base, which will be hidden. Obviously, I'm going to have a build outside, an apple or something, so I can find it. The part where I need help is improving my piston door designs.

Obviously, I could just place 2 blocks of dirt and call it a day, but then I forget where the entrance is exactly. My main problem is figuring out how to best hide the activator that opens the door. After that, it's a matter of how many repeaters I need to delay the door's closing. I suppose I could theoretically get help from Mumbo, Impulse, or Iskall if I end up on Hermitcraft (which is already very unlikely) but I'd rather just have the knowledge now rather than later.

After all, I don't need to be on the Hermitcraft server to put this knowledge to use.