1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Final Boss music

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It's the final battle! How do you know this? Turn up the volume, because the music just went into overdrive.

What are some of your favourite final boss themes? What makes good final battle music to you? Share some of your favourites :3

I'll start the proceedings with The God-Slaying Sword, which deserves far more recognition as the best track in Xenoblade Chronicles than it gets! Probably because the final battle is generally over before people get to that climactic chorus. xD

...also The Greatest Jubilee from Bayonetta, which for some reason reminds me of FFVI's Dancin' Mad.

I have wanted to make this topic for ages but I should limit my VG music topics to one a month at most asdfgjkl;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Imma put this one in a spoiler, because I know there are some people on here who haven't beaten Hollow Knight yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Ladies and Gentlemen THIS is the ultimate boss theme:

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    1. "Premonition", "Maybe I'm a Lion", and "The Extreme", Final Fantasy VIII - After fighting your way through a maze of a castle, beset by limitations throughout and boss-class monsters at every turn, you've finally made it to the end. Ultimecia has been waiting for you, and her madness is made clear by the first minute of the song as she delivers her speech. And then the battle starts and you quickly realize that you're in for the fight of your life... But when you reach the end you realize that it was only the beginning as she summons her own Guardian Force - Griever. You scream in horror as it completely dismisses several of your party members to the ether of time, but you have no time to worry as the legendary Guardian Force also attacks your team with relentless assaults both physical and magical. When it goes down, you allow yourself a moment, but then Ultimecia junctions the Guardian Force to herself and becomes even stronger. That's when you summon your lion-like courage to stand up once more and fight, even though the team is dwindling down to almost nothing. Your strength is almost gone, but you mustn't give up. Finally, Griever goes down with a roar nearly overshadowed by explosions as its magic goes out of control... For a moment, all has gone dark and you think you've finally won... but Ultimecia reveals her true form, her full power being brought to bear against the party in a haunting melody that increases in power. The Time Witch begins to drain you of your magic, and thus you realize that you must end this quickly, so you pull out every stop you can think of to try and eke out a win. Can you do it? Have you the strength to overcome a being that has transcended time itself?

Dawn likes this.
  5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    From Kirby Triple Deluxe, these 2 songs are my favorites, and actually are my favorites of the Kirby games:

This song somehow evokes feelings of beauty and fear. I love when songs do that. If my memory serves me correct, Queen Sectonia was very vain, and the theme is so fitting for her. Also the title- Moonstruck Blossom- sounds so beautiful.

I think Arod might like this choice. The intro just fills you with excitement. The song itself is so hype. I get hyped when I hear it.
    And then from Pokémon my favorite song is Cynthia’s battle theme. Technically it is a final boss theme. And again, you can feel the beauty and the fear (mostly fear here). It’s so hype, and I have nostalgia for it (it’s always been my favorite song ever since I first heard it).

6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Never before have the stakes for typing been so high. I feel the composer wasn't told what song this game was for X'D

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  7. jmoul18

Gwen
    (Kirlia)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.3
    Gardevoirite ★★★★Poké Ball ★

This version of the Red battle theme, 100%.

8. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Megaman Zero 3 Final boss theme Canoonball- Mythos version.
    This song plays in my head during tough stretches at work and let me tell you it is as epic today as it was then. It is so epic they brought the fight and the theme back in megaman zx as a secret boss fight!

Absolute Zero likes this.
  9. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Here are some oldies, I think in the order I was exposed to them:

King Dedede's theme from the first Kirby game on the classic GB. It was probably the first video game soundtrack to become my favorite. It's not a particularly epic or dramatic piece, but it's characteristic and so well-composed it really hooked into me.

Giant Donkey Kong from the end of Donkey Kong also on the classic GB. This one... this one is epic. Not only are the previous 8 stages clearly building up to a climax, but this track is an epic heavy metal shred converted into beautiful 8-bit glory.

Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island on Super Nintendo (though I played it on GBA). You know how I said Giant DK had a heavy metal shred? This is that cranked up to twelve. I felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders, tense and shaking and precise. Listening to it still gives me goosebumps, especially this remix. If you click nothing else in this post, click that.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  10. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,355.6
    Ah, a worthy topic! There are many that I love, but I have decided to narrow it down to a few.

@Dawn Yes! Xenoblade has an amazing final boss theme. 'Nuff said from me

Dancing Mad from Final Fantasy 6 is incredible. Very few themes in gaming are as impressive as this one. It's an incredible long theme centered around one of the most evil villains in video game history. Great, memorable classic.

ID (Purpose) is another great theme. While not sinister or overly grand in nature, it captures the mood of the battle so well. It is another take on a recurring theme in the game without great buildup. Very memorable theme that makes you feel that your adventure is at an end. While definitely unique to the "final boss" feel, it is a great theme and easily one of my favorites.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The Betrayer from Shovel Knight, Rivers in the Desert from Persona 5, and Crowned from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland. All intense themes that can pump you up.