1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Finding My Way

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Jan 15, 2018.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    My name is Gwendolyn and I'm a child of the Hoenn Region. I live with my family. When I say family I mean that. It's a big family. I live with my 3 uncles and 4 brothers adding on my parents and 6 sisters. I work 3 jobs and barely have time to spend with my Pokémon. I'm a waitress, gym receptionist and rock analyzer for Steven Stone. Steven considers me family but I can't ever trouble him. He's been one of the best bosses I've had.

I woke up bright and early again to see Torchic looking upset. "I know buddy, but I'm working triple time today. All 3 jobs. I can't hurt you," I sighed. Torchic merely went into her Pokéball and I knew she'd do anything for some time with me. As I walked downstairs I saw my parents weren't back yet and my sibligns were whining at each other. "Hungry guys?"

"Yeah!" I smiled and grabbed some berries and cut them up to at least buy me some time. I need to get these guys fed and then go. As I made an omelette with a variety of vegetables I smiled. "Okay guys eat up. I'll be back later okay?"

"Okay." I quickly ran out the door and just got to the gym in time. "Sorry I'm so late Norman. I would have been here sooner but I had to feed my siblings."

"No worries. I was aware you had siblings and I figured something went wrong and you were handling it first," he assured.

As I sat down I saw many challengers sign in and check out or rebook. As that shift ended, I smiled and let Torchic walk with me. "Sorry, Torchic. Was really busy. Once I get to the restaurant in Rustboro I have to put you back," I answered.

The walk was nice actually. It gave me some time to reminisce on things. As soon as I arrived, I walked into the restaurant and got into my uniform. It's always a good time working at the restaurant. As that shift came to an end, I felt the exhaustion catching up.

"One more," I mumbled as I walked out. As I walked over to where Steven had me working I saw a note left for me.

Gwendolyn,
    You do a lot for me so take the day off and relax. We can work together tomorrow.
    Steven.

Okay, I guess I can start walking back and maybe sleep a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As I opened the door I saw my dad with another woman who wasn't mom. "Um," I stammered. I have to pretend I never saw this. Mom and Dad are respected people.

"You saw nothing Gwendolyn," dad warned.

"I saw what?"

"Good," he responded. I knew he didn't want me to rat him out to mom. As the woman left I went up to my room and laid down. I knew I needed some sleep.

I couldn't really fall asleep. I just had fazes. "She's-," a voice argued. I looked around and saw the air vent. Who's talking by the vents? I slipped over and leaned my ear against it.

"I don't care. She's bringing in money and doing work so then your uncles and us can go out. Look keep this going. She'll wake up soon," mom answered. So am I being used or is there something more?"

I quietly tip toed down the stairs and saw Uncle Drew there. "Look she should know. She's never been a real member of the family. She's adopted. You never told her but you should have," he snapped.

"She has nowhere to go. Let her work her share," my brother answered. I still consider them family. At least for now. "Besides almost enough money to buy a Holo Caster from the Kalos Region," he cheered quietly. I slipped upstairs and packed my bags with all my belongings and grabbed all my money from work and the Pokemart supplies and sighed. Wasn't I a member huh?

To whoever reads this,

I heard it all. Am I not family huh? Well here's an inkling how hard I work for you. 3 jobs where I'd come home exhausted as hell. Oh and 'mom'? Dad's cheating on you with your colleague Nurse Joy. Don't look for me because I'll be long gone

Gwendolyn.

As I hopped out my window I saw Torchic look at me. "I don't know where we'll go but we'll find our way. Maybe we can go to Alola or Kalos or even Ferrum," I answered.

"Gwendolyn," Steven called. I looked at him concerned. "Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving. I just got told I'm not a member of the family. I'm adopted. So why stay? I'm looking for somewhere to find a home for myself," I answered. He looked genuinely scared and hugged me.

"At least register me on your Pal Pad. We can talk via it. I'm always a message away from you. Good luck," he answered. I nodded and immediately began running. Within seconds I found someone who looked from Alola.

"I'm about to head to Alola. I have room for anyone interested in trying a Sharpedo ride," the girl answered.

"How much?" I needed to get the heck out of Hoenn.

"Free today. Let's go," she answered. As we took off I smiled in relief. My new beginning was just around the corner.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As I arrived in the Alola region, I was impressed at how warm it was. I slipped off my coat and walked towards the man that approached me. "So you're the one who got picked for the Mantine Surf. What did you think?"

"It was amazing! I've never had a ride on a Mantine before," she answered. he laughed and nodded.

"Well come explore Alola and have a good time while you're here. If you decided you want to go to another region just let me and my partner Melody know," he answered. I nodded and walked over to the town that looked incredible.

"Alola! Welcome to Hau'oli City," a voice greeted. She turned around and there was a man with a white lab coat. She didn't know if he was a scientist or professor. "My name's Professor Kukui," he greeted.

"Alola Professor," she responded. He nodded and walked over to the Pokémon Center.

"I'd rest your Pokémon. Also I'd rest. You look like you've been through a lot today. Rest up here and I'll come back for you in the morning," he responded. She nodded and did just as he suggested.