1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Finishing the Pokedex

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Hello all! How are you today? Finishing the Pokédex? Anyway, this thread is here to state where you are up to in the Pokédex, how you are finishing it, and if you have completed it or not. Tips can also be exchanged on how to get certain Pokémon, such as rare ones.

I have finished the Pokédex four weeks ago, and it was the most strenuous yet rewarding thing I have ever done in every Pokémon game (this was the first time I finished the Pokédex). I have registered every 719 Pokémon in the National Dex through capturing, but one day I was lucky enough to stumble across someone who offered me a shiny Mew.

So? Where are you all up to? Do you plan to finish the Pokédex? Do you use the GTS? Is it easy for you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I finished the Pokédex I don't remember how long ago!

I had a looooooot of help from my friends though, and did some WT'ing as well.

It's a huge feat for me since I'm so lazy (hence getting so much help) but the promise of the shiny charm is what keeps me going.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I finished it a few months ago, with the help of a lot of wondertrading and asking around for legendary spot trades. It helped because I had X while I was completing the AS national dex, and many things missing in AS were actually in X.

My advice? Do a lot of wondertrading, get the hatching o-power up to max level, and download a ton of blissey bases. You'll be doing a lot of breeding or leveling to get all the Pokémon in a line, and having bonuses for and easy ways to accomplish your goals is always a big help. And just keep reminding yourself that the shiny charm is worth it! xD

4. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I actually completed my Pokédex in XY about a year after the game was released. I kept a living dex, so completing my ORAS Pokédex was just as simple as moving my living dex in Pokémon XY to Pokebank, then to ORAS. I basically completed my ORAS dex the moment I received the national dex.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I don't think I ever completed a Pokédex 100%. The closest I came was probably in an Gen 4 game, relying heavily on GTS.

I tell you, GTS was a lifesaver for me. So much easier to get hold of starters and opposite-version exclusives that way. Rather than asking everyone at school if they have a spare Cranidos and want a Shieldon, just throw one up into the GTS and get that much closer to a full dex, almost zero work for fair trades like those.

Still have to go the old fashioned way for the trade-tradeback on legendaries. I've been doing that since Silver. "I'll give you my Lugia for Ho-oh, then we'll trade right back." Oh, the good old days of dex filling.

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I finished mine in X sometime mid last year (took a month or two?) and then moved those Pokémon to Alpha Sapphire when it came out, so I started out with around 500 Pokémon post-game. Took two weeks or so at most to finish in AS since I had that headstart. Feels great with a completed dex since you can focus on other things and every Pokémon you encounter has that little Pokéball symbol near it which is really relieving. Afterwards I started collecting flags for platinum rank and breeding shinies. -^^-

7. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    210, GTS only seems to help when it feels like it

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I haven't, it's never really been a huge deal to me? I try to get all the legendaries tho! On AS I even have an Arceus :>
    On OR I still need Uxie to get Palkia tho ;u;

9. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    How'd you get Arceus?

10. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I finished it a while ago but I never felt any achievement. you're supposed to be part of an almost elite group but with all the cheats and shortcuts you never get that pride any more. Its a shame.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I still haven't finished my pokédex in ORAS, but I haven't really tried either really. XD I shoulkd get around to do that just for the shiny charm.

12. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I finished the national dex before I beat the elite 4 thanks to banks and transfers from previous gen. So I think I finished it mid decmber last year? It's been so long. There have been cases when I've helped other people finish their dexs on other forums so if someone needs help I'm willing to lend a hand. A good tip is to touch trae and use bank as much as possible since it makes it go alot faster.

13. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Me too! :)

I can tell you that the GTS was really annoying for me. many people want event Pokémon for other Pokémon like Tyrogue and Zweilous.

14. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Oh! I finished it a while ago, and it was super easy!
    Turns out I had almost every Pokémon I needed stored on my Pokébank ^^;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.