1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nuzlocke Fire Red Glitchlocke?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Nova Ozuka, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I'm recording a Fire Red Locke, and things have already gotten VERY crazy. How Crazy? Our starter, Forsaken, was a Starmie! In the next video, we got a Zangoose, Ragmar, a Golbat,Venom, and a Salamence, Sal.

You can find an up to date log of the locke on this playlist. I'll be posting summaries starting on the 4th video! Next video, I battle Brock, and that's all I'm going to say for now!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Well needless to say, I never lost anyone to Brock, so I'd say I Brocked it! *Bricked* Also, in the episode which nobody watched during the Premier, we caught Magneto the Magneton, bought Leviathan the Magikarp, and caught Captain the Shroomish! We also ran into a trainer, after catching Magneto, who had not one, but two Shedinja on her team.

I was right to worry about Trainers with Wonder Guard on their teams, so, ladies and gentlemen, I'd say that I'm properly paranoid. Thankfully Supersonic was effective against Ghost-Type after all, and I had two Pokémon with the move, because otherwise I would've had to stall them both. I'm keeping at least one mon with status affliction on the team at all times in case it ever happens again. At least until I get something Super Effective.

With Leviathan in my box, and Magneto and Captain added to the active team, I've got a little grinding to do, and then I can finally make my way through Mt Moon. Here's hoping I get a good randomized item while I'm in there. Or, you know, come out with my team intact.

Wish I had more opportunities to be entertaining with reading the NPCs' dialogue, because I don't think I do a good job with being entertaining to watch otherwise.

3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I didn't make much headway in Episode 5, but upon discovering a pair of Articuno on Route 4 (or was it Route 3?) I decided to check my Pokédex to see if I can get them as a first encounter anywhere. No luck, but because I found Groudon in Viridian Forest, I was able to see multiple places where I could potentially get one as an encounter including three of my next stops after Mt Moon. But that was just the tiop of the iceberg!

Inside Mt Moon, I battled one of the Rocket Grunts, and then I went through the random items, and you know what I found? A Master Ball! I'm telling you, I am bound to catch a Legendary Pokémon for one of my first encounters. If I continue to not fail miserably at this locke like I did my previous lockes of course.

4. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    We fought our way through Team Rocket, and finally got out on the Cerulean City side. We picked up a Helix Fossil and then discovered the Mega Kick Tutor was randomized to Sheer Cold and that both Captain and Ragmar could learn it. It would've been perfect if Magneto could learn it since it can learn Lock-On. We also caught our Route 4 encounter, Storm the Electrike, who will hopefully evolve into a Manectric. Next stop, Bill's House!

5. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Today's episode was crazy. And stressful. Mostly stressful. When I recorded today's episode, I said it was a bad day to play Pokémon, and I was right. As I was training up Storm, out Electrike, he died to a critical Bubble on Route 4, where he was caught, from a Surskit which was the same level he was. RIP Storm, we hardly knew ye.

You would've made a fine Manetric.

Anyway! After our tragic loss of Storm, we faced our Rival, Nogo, who managed not only a critical Peck from his Nidoran [M] against Sal, but a critical Confusion from his Kirlia against Magneto. Had I gone for my first instinct to send out Sal against Kirlia, I would've lost her too because of that Confusion. After crossing Nugget Bridge, we caught Sandy the Sandshrew and Milo the Milotic on the Routes I can never remember the numbers of. A Lugia would've been nice.

We then made it to Bill's house, then travelled down Route 5 where we caught Tox the Muk and dropped off Leviathan the Magikarp at the daycare. Next, we've gotta train ourselves up, because who knows what Misty's Starmie was randomized too? I do. I already recorded the next episode.

6. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Oi! I'm late on updating this, so I'll summarize both videos that were uploaded last. So every trainer in Cerulean City Gym was randomized to using Grass-Type Pokémon, much to my surprise. Only two were outright randomized to Grass-Type, but one might've been randomized to Psychic. She had an Exeggcute, which is Grass/Psychic. Misty's Starmie was cause for alarm. Why? It was randomized to Sceptile of all things.

That means Lt Surge and the other Gym Leaders could have anything! Surge usually has a Raichu, a Magneton, and I don't remember what else. After Misty (or rather God Jill) and her Sceptile, I'm scared of the Gym Leaders. I mean, yeah, I OHKO'd it and had no casualties, but it was still scary. The next episode, I mostly went after items and encounters. My first encounter of the episode (I forgot the routes) was an Abra that Teleported away. The First encounter for Diglett Cave was surprisingly a Diglett, which I named YOLO.

It was surprising because the encounter slots could've been randomized to anything, and one was randomized to Diglett. Perhaps Irony would've been a better name. Oh well. Anyway, that was actually my third potential catch for the episode. The second one? Well it happened. I ended up getting Slifer the Rayquaza. I'm not surprised that one of my encounters was a Legendary, but I wasn't expecting a Rayquaza. If anything happens to Sal, I'm summoning Slifer.

I'm a little scared of Nogo too. His Kirlia was tough enough to potentially KO Sal last time, and I have to go through him to get Cut. Time for a grinding montage!

7. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I probably should've posted this sooner, but oh well. I'm waiting until I get an external Hard Drive to record more videos, but in the meantime, it's past time to get this up to date. In the most recent video, the grinding montage happened. I got everyone besides Captain to Level 25. I stopped when I got her to Lv 23 because she evolved! I think there was some new moves learned that video by Venom and Sal, but I forget which ones.

I guess I worried too much about Nogo. I didn't actually grab Cut yet though. If I do and have to leave to heal my Pokémon, I miss out on all the trainers I haven't fought yet. Why is this important? I'm still as scared of Lt Surge as I was Nogo. I mean, Misty of all people had a Sceptile, and in place of her Starmie too. That means Lt Surge could have practically anything that was in Gen 3.

For reference, his normal FRLG team is Voltorb, Pikachu, and Raichu. I feel better knowing now that he originally had Pikachu. I was thinking he had Magneton in that game. But yeah, Raichu could be practically anything.

Actually, I may not really need to grind again, because I'm actually a bit overleveled (Raichu is Lv 24), but I can't help but worry that he has one of my team's major weaknesses. Once again, the current team is Captain the Breloom, Magneto the Magneton, Sal the Salamence, Ragmar the Zangoose, Forsaken the Starmie, and Venom the Golbat. I'm okay if he has Rock, Ground, Water, Grass, Steel, Normal, Fighting, or Poison, but if he's got Ice, Dragon, Fire, Psychic, Electric, or even Flying then I should be worried. The last thing I need is for him to somehow end up with a Legendary Bird.

I'm not convinced that will be the case, but it is very much a concern nonetheless, and Sceptile isn't exactly something I should shrug off even if I did one shot it with Ragmar's Fury Cutter. Of course, provided I finish the episode fast enough, I should be able to get my next encounter as well. Here's hoping I can continue soon!