1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

First gaming system you've owned?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sheep, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    What gaming system started it all for you? And as a bonus, what were your first few games on said system? ♬

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    My first gaming system was a Gameboy Color. I still have it somewhere I think! It was turquoise or cyan in color!

I had Pokémon Gold and Yellow as my main games. I think I had a Mario game and a Donkey Kong game as well~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    First console I played was the NES, but the first one I could say was mine would be the Gameboy Color with Pokémon Gold and some sort of Resident Evil style game, can't remember the name

4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    First console was a Sega Genesis
    First handheld was a Gameboy Color

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My first game system was a Gameboy Color but the first full console we had was a Wii!

Geroniny likes this.
  6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    It was either gameboy colour or snes, but I can't remember that well because it was an awfully long time ago now XD
    The one I loved the most was the gameboy though, because it had the gameboy camera with mini games and sticker print outs, whereas the snes had mostly games I didn't like or found difficult, except for mario paint, which is still awesome to this day (and *Cough* deserves a sequel *cough* )

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    The first system I actually owned if you count this was the games I owned were Megaman Zero 3, Megaman Battle Netword 4 Blue Moon and, Yoshis's Island in that exact order. I played the ever living crud out of all three costing me somewhere around 900 hours of total gameplay between those 3 alone. I had many other games and some of them I still play.

8. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    The first game console I owned was the Gameboy Color. The first few games in it that I've played was Pokémon Red, Tetris, and Super Mario Land 2.

Pokémon Red: This was first introduced to me by my mom, who happens to be playing the game. I heard the sounds of the Pokémon cry and tried to imitate them. When my mom showed me the game, I started playing it and it's been amazing. And that is how I got addicted to Pokémon

Tetris: My dad had another Gameboy and he often plays the game Tetris. When he wasn't around nor looking, I would sometimes sneak around and play the game to try and understand more on how it works. It frustrated me a lot, and I never really did manage to get it right. :sweat:

Super Mario Land 2: I wasn't really interested in the story mode of this game. All I knew, it was a Mario game and I like Mario games. So, that's how I got to playing it. XD

East likes this.
  9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I believe my first console was a SNES that I shared with my siblings. Some of the games I remember playing on it were Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Paperboy, and Kirby's Avalanche.

Handheld wise was a Gameboy Color (that I still have and it works) that is a transparent purple (Atomic Purple?) color and I played all the classic Pokémon games with a few random ones like harry potter and sabrina the teenage witch.

East likes this.
  10. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'm seeing so many Nintendo systems as the first console! Not that it's unbelievable or anything--Nintendo is pretty great :)

My first video game console was the PS2. I went through two faulty ones before ending up with the Nokia-esque one I have today. I don't have many games for it anymore, but I kept the system to play Monster Rancher 2, Kingdom Hearts 1, and Kingdom Hearts 2! Tagging @[member="Sanctuary"] because KH

LunarRabbitPikachu likes this.
  11. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    My first handheld was a Nintendo DSi
    My first console was a Nintendo Wii

12. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    The 1st Xbox ever made, before 360, the games, mercenaries demo, true crime

13. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I can't remember which console was the one I got first... It was either Gameboy Advance, Playstation 2 or Gamecube. I want to say it was Playstation.

14. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Mine was a Nintendo DS Lite or a Wii... it was years ago, I can't remember which one came first.

Sigh... for both, my mother got some pretty bad third party games. But I do believe we got Mario Kart Wii a few days later, along with some Mario DS games.

15. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    The Wii. The Wii was the best and they ruined it with the Wii U. But my first handheld was the very first DS which was awesome because it was Lego Star Wars themed.

16. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I've had so many I honestly don't remember the first one I owned. I remember however the first one I played on was the Gameboy Advanced. I remember playing Pokémon Yellow, Blue and Red.

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My first gaming system was definitely the Game Boy Color. I had seen the Game Boy before then, but only used to play Tetris, and only in passing. Then when I was younger, I was introduced to the Game Boy Color and loved it avidly. I don't remember the first video game I owned off-hand, but I believe it was Link's Awakening DX. I say that because I don't remember playing very many GBC games while younger, and that was the one that stood out to me the most.

Selling Link's Awakening DX was a massive mistake on my part, but thankfully the 3DS Virtual Console is rather forgiving in that regard. Truth be told, that was the main reason I bought a 3DS as an adult - so I could play it again. And it was money well spent.

18. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    My dad gave me his old NES for Christmas in 1998, which had the Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt combo cartridge. I really loved playing SMB over and over in the one year that I had that system. I gave it back to my dad when I got my N64 for Christmas the following year.

19. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    a Nintendo DSI XL with Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini Land Mayhem! on it. the game came with the DS.

20. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    The very first gaming system I owned was a PlayStation. The first games we owned on it were Crash Team Racing and Spyro the Dragon. They're still some of my favorite games, even to this day.

A shame Activision had to ruin them both... But I dare not speak of them for fear of creating controversy.