1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 First Time Playing Pokemon Gold

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cadbberry, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Hello there friends,
    So I played Pokémon Crystal but never Gold or Silver, so I am now playing Pokémon Gold for the first time. Here is my events so far....
    The opening screen with clampearl, magikarp, and lapras, and others is so cute! I love the look it has!
    Named my trainer Kat as usual and loaded into my little bedroom. I went to the computer and apparently you can take your bed and a town map with you from your room. Neat!
    My mom is pretty cool, she has fresh water and lemonade in the fridge and Cinnabar Volcano burgers on the stove, wish I could take one.
    Heading out into the world and wow is this bringing back memories of playing Pokémon Yellow and Blue. I am loving it so much and I am a few minutes in. Silver was being a little mean though, throwing me back when I wanted to talk with him. Anywho, into the lab!
    So I get to select my Pokémon... I knew from the start I was going Totodile. She was a little girl named Jabber. Attack 11, Defense 12, Spcl. Atk 10, Spcl. Def 11, and Speed 10. Not that bad in my opinion!
    Time to take on the first route! Rocking it out, Jabber is level 6! It is weird not being able to run around, you have to walk slowly but hey, more time to listen to wonderful music.
    New Bark Town, here we go, oh man the tutorials, the old nurse joy, the water that is just tiled, it's wonderful! Also, the berries just named BERRY is so cute, feels so nostalgic.
    Going through route 30, Jabber went to level 7 and I got a PSNCUREBERRY, beautiful names haha. Now Elm needs me and Jabber made it to level 8, this is going well for me!\
    Oh goodness, time to battle ??? (silver) and I didn't heal up first. I didn't need it though.... he was super easy. Since he ran away, time to go back to Elm, and on the way back Jabber is level 9! Hooray! Then to name my Rival, I chose Silver, keep it classy. I got my first Pokéball and now to talk to my mom! Oh, she just saves my money, I thought I might get running shoes.
    Now lets pass that catching Pokémon tut- I clicked yes, dang it, ok thanks DUDE for the help learning.
    I now caught my first Pokémon, Sentret lvl 3, I named her Rehet
    OH SHIT ITS YOUNGSTER JOEY AND HIS RATTATA, HE IS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE OF RATTATAS!
    He got Jabber to level 10! Also, I got his phone number for sure.
    I caugtht a level 4 Metapod, I named her Weeple! Rehet made it to level 4, way to go babs! Keep on fighting! She made it to level 5! I am enjoying this a lot so far. I wanna get to the first gym though!
    Ack I was trying to catch a bellsprout and it killed Jabber! At least I caught it though XD Beeple the Level 3 Bellsprout! Ima pause here so I can go have lunch, but this isn't over!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Cadbberry you mentioned 'Clampearl' in the opening. It's Shellder as Clampearl wasn't introduced until R/S/E ;)
    Good luck with your team, is this a Nuzlocke or a fun playthrough?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Yup, that is exactly what I meant, but my mind was in other places lol

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Awwww this is so cool Cad! I'm glad that you're having this opportunity to play Gold, and I hope you enjoy it a lot ^_^

5. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Hey~ I hope you have fun! I'm planning to (finally) try out Pokémon Silver/Gold after I finish my Diamond Nuzlocke, and I hope you'll have fun as well!

6. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    So my poor DS ran out of power when I wasn't home and sadly everything was lost. So I had to restart, everything that happened was the same but we now have Jabber the Totodile- lvl 10, Rocky the Onix- lvl 10, Horiana the Hoothoot- lvl 7, and Beeble the Bellsprout lvl 7. In my PC there is Spindle the Spinark and Ciru the Geodude, I do not expect to use them but who knows! I was able to defeat Falkner with Jabber and Rocky easily and I now have my first badge. I gotta say, Falkner's gym does not fit with him at all. He seems so much more formal and traditional and the gym is barren and the fans/grates on the ground look awkward. Also, the Birdkeepers seem so weird and out of place for the gym since like I said before, Falkner seems so formal and traditional compared to their punk attire.
    I did receive the egg and will work on hatching it, so off I go to the next city!