1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Fish's attempt at Nuzlocke! HG Edition

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Smooshie, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Hey guys! I've never attempted a Nuzlocke before so here's to hoping it'll go well! I'll be using HeartGold as the platform - thank you emu - and I'm pretty excited! (Maybe because USUM's release date is creeping ever closer :D )

So, here's the rules:
    1. You can only catch the first Pokémon you see on a route/cave/town. Each floor of a cave is considered a new area. EXCEPTION: Shiny Pokémon are exempt from the rule.
    2. All Pokémon must have nicknames
    3. If a Pokémon faints, it is dead. Pokémon must be placed in a box and is no longer usable.

House Rule
    1. Pokémon given to the player (as an egg or a Pokémon) are not affected/ do not affect the 1st rule stated above.
    2. Pokémon cannot be traded through in game trades.
    3. No breeding allowed. Only eggs you can get are ones given to you by NPCs.
    4. Dupe Clause - If you have caught the Pokémon before, even if it is the first Pokémon you find on a route, you may skip it and catch the next Pokémon you find on that route.

Here we go!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy likes this.
  2. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Since I titled it Fish's attempt, I decided to go with Totodile! Named him Bill and the first thing he did was sniff me! Oh, you cute little gator! And then, I swear, this blue reptile is after my heart! He snuggled and twirled in a circle! Ugh (heart eyes!)

Nyoom! Running shoes activated! (Finally, walking everywhere was tiring XD)

Met Professor Oak and got the egg; Bill's at Level 9 here. (My small, beautiful bouncing baby boy!) And Billy-boy wants to go back to the lab - coincidentally, the professor calls with an emergency!

Robert (almost called him Bobert) took Chikorita and Ethan came to my defense (nice boy, has a mouse as a pal). Promptly leaves once he's done defending my honour! Then the professor freaked at the egg and I'm on my way~ (To the Gym. Gotta work out ;) ) And, only after I told my ma! She said to go!

I can finally catch things (thank you Ethan!) but I killed the Pidgey XD So, no catching on Route 29. Killed another Pidgey on Route 30, no catching for me. My baby boy is too powerful!! (He's level 11 now. He a slayer!)

Defeated the trainers (climbed up to Level 12) and entered Route 31 and, finally, caught me a Caterpie (male and Level 4) who I promptly named Pan. Not the best name, but the only one I could come up with. Went into the dark cave, and killed a Zubat. *snaps fingers* Drats!

Byeeeee, Ethan! (Thanks for the vs. Recorder. I will never use it). Arrived in Violet City.

Pan evolved into Metapod! He Level 7 now!

Went to Route 32, ran into a Rattata and K.O.ed it. Since Route 32 is really long, I'm thinking that after I beat the gym I'll let myself catch the first Pokémon on the route after the guy who stops you from going through.

Went into Bellsprout Tower and promptly got a little scared since Bill's a water type and I don't really have a strong type advantage against grass type... Fingers crossed everything goes well!!

Caught a Rattata (level 5) and named him Nick.

Defeated the trainers and I'm about to trigger the scene between Robert and the top trainer of Bellsprout Tower but life called! So, hopefully I can come back to this sooner, rather than later!

Team:
    [​IMG] Bill || Totodile || Level 15
    Male || Quiet Nature || Torrent
    Moveset: Leer, Scratch, Water Gun, Bite

[​IMG] Pan || Metapod || Level 7
    Male || Mild Nature || Shed skin
    Moveset: Tackle, String shot, Harden

[​IMG] Nick || Rattata || Level 5
    Male || Jolly Nature || Run Away
    Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Boxed:
    None

Dead:
    None

Till next time!

Gwoomy likes this.
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,613.7
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm gonna watch this thread to follow your adventure :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Smooshie likes this.
  4. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    And I'm back!

Triggered the scene and Robert beat the elder, took the TM and left after berating him. Battled the Elder and K.O.ed his two Bellsprouts and took me three hits to knock out his Hoothoot.

Took the gym by storm and knocked them birds out of the park! Got the badge, got a TM and the professor called for Egg duty! Got the egg and the lovely geisha came to me. She's so cute <3

Entered Route 32, a Zubat came and died. No new Pokémon for me XD

And Pan died :( Got killed by a little Poliwag. Rest in piece, baby, Bill avenged you! And now, Bill is now a handsome Croconaw!! You have been avenged Pan! [Pan was placed in the Dead Box]

I'm contemplating if I should keep Nick the Rattata since I don't use him at all. I'll leave him alone for now.

Entered Union Cave! I hope I'll be able to catch a Pokémon pal! And, nope! Zubat died again. Ugh, my boy is too strong (but I love him anyway!!) Went down a level, and killed another Zubat. No luck with them bats ; v ;

Aay, my beautiful bouncy baby boy learnt Ice Fang! Awesome! Just when I remembered Robert's Chikorita *le gasp!*

I made it through the cave and made it to Azalea Town. I caught a Zubat and almost lost it immediately afterwards but he didn't die! He's okay and he's named Kilian.

And I'm gonna stop for today. Maybe there'll be more tomorrow, we'll see ;)

Team:
    [​IMG] Bill || Totodile || Level 21
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Scratch, Water Gun, Bite

[​IMG] Nick || Rattata || Level 6
    Male || Jolly Nature || Run Away
    Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

[​IMG] Kilian || Zubat || Level 6
    Male || Docile Nature || Inner Focus
    Moveset: Leech Life, Supersonic

Boxed:
    None

Dead:
    [​IMG] Pan || Metapod || Level 8
    Male || Mild Nature || Shed skin
    Moveset: Tackle, String shot, Harden

---

Btw, Thank you so much @Gwoomy ! I hope you have fun joining me in this journey c:

Gwoomy likes this.
  5. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Ah, poor Pan :^( I attempted a HG nuzlocke a couple months before but quit because it was too hard orz but still, best of luck on yours! And try to level up your other buddies, if something happens you'll need some pokes to back you up ^.^

Smooshie likes this.
  6. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Day two!

Gonna be grinding up Kilian mostly. I'm gonna just box Nick since I'm not gonna be using him. I went into the cave (with Team Rocket) and encountered three Zubats, so no new Pokémon for me here.

Defeated Team Rocket and Leveled up Kilian to Level 9. I'll keep leveling him up until Level 16 (at least) before triggering the event with Robert.

Defeated the Gym, received a badge and levelled up my babies. Bill's Level 23 and Kilian's Level 12.

Togepi hatched, and I named him Toby (tradition!) so I'm heading back to the professor but as soon as he sees it, I'll be depositing him in a pc, egg bab will stay as egg bab. Met the professor and Kilian is now Level 13, ten levels behind Bill. Hopefully once I'm back in Azalea town he'll be level 16.

Made it back and he's Level 14. Caught a Hopip for fun and called it Happy. Triggered the scene and beat that boy! Bill! Bill! Bill!!

Entered the forest, captured one bird, encountered a Caterpie and a Metapod. Maybe number three will be added to my party *strokes chin* Yes! I got me a Paras! Another boy who I will call Roomie. Why? Just cause.

Met the other Kimono girl, she's so cute <3 Left the forest and entered Route 34. A new partner could be on the horizon!
    And, nope! Killed the Drowzie. Whoops (Sorry, not sorry) Well, hello Ethan! And left Egg boy (Toby) in the Daycare centre.

And that's all for now.

Team:
    [​IMG] Bill || Totodile || Level 21
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Headbutt, Water Gun, Bite

[​IMG] Kilian || Zubat || Level 14
    Male || Docile Nature || Inner Focus
    Moveset: U-Turn, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite

[​IMG] Roomie || Paras || Level 9
    Male || Calm Nature || Effect Spore
    Moveset: Scratch, Cut, Stun Spore, Poison Powder

Boxed: