1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fix-a-shiny: how would you do it?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Jeydis, Jul 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    So we all know some shinies are not quite what you would like. Some are just barf green, some are just not different enough to feel special. Some maybe you would prefer having a different color going on.

I am curious, how would you fix your favorite shiny Pokémon's coloration? (might play around in photoshop to show what they would look like in that color when I get home)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'd make Jolteon steel blue instead of that weird green it is right now.

Maybe make the Growlithe line puirple instead of yellow.

Male the Riolu line a nice beige or chocolate brown maybe, I could keeping going tbh since there's a lot of yellow shinies I do not like.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I know I say this every time bad shinies are brought up, but why did they choose that ugly vomit colour for Nidoqueen? They should've done the same thing they did with every other Nido, and gave her the opposite gender's colours.

Another one I dislike is Buzzwole. It's mostly the same colour, apart from a bunch of ugly lime green parts. I would've gone with blue, personally, and I would've changed all of the colours.

4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    These aren't necessarily my least favorite shinies, but they're the not as fantastic shinies of some of my favorite Pokémon.
    Sneasel/weavile, instead of being pink with yellow feathers I would love it if they were icy blue with either purple or black feathers.
    Hoopa, don't make the whole thing look like it just went through a yellow filter. Have the gray be more of a light blue gray. The gold rings be silver, and the pink parts purple. Also have Hoopa's eyes be bright blue instead of green. I think that would look pretty amazing. (Now I want to go to a photoshop thing and mess with the colors to see how they would look).

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Mimikyu’s shiny frustrates me because it’s colorless, which contradicts the idea of it being “shiny”. As for a new color combination, I have no idea.

Another problematic shiny in my eyes is Kommo-o. The dark yellow is unsettling and looks like the color of (you know what), and the pink is an odd choice for an intimidating dragon. I’ve made a few new shinies for Kommo-o that aren’t eyesores.

I have a bunch of shinies that I wish would get fixed, and I’ve made my own shinies for them. (There’s a thread of them in the Art Corner, cough shameless plug)

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Having your favorite Pokémon be one with an underwhelming shiny isn’t the best. After a lot of thinking, I finally have an idea for shiny Cosmog.

Keep the cheeks the same color while making the main body a light pink. To create a nice contrast, the higher part of the design should be violet.

7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Had some fun recoloring some sprites for yall. Just a few quick ones, might have a look at the others later.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  8. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Now I want that steel blue Jolteon! I'd probably change Arcanine's colour... though I'm not sure which to.