1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fixing my school's budget

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Absolute Zero, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Now that another round of school is concluding... let's talk about how things could be done better. Your school district superintendents or some other group of decision-makers have determined that they have the ability to double the budget for one narrow part of your school, but they don't know what to double, and so you decide to crash the meeting and decide for them! What one thing would you choose to improve? The athletics program? Music and fine arts? How about outfitting the library with new computers? Replacing all textbooks with updated that don't show East and West Germany as separate nations? Improvements to the HVAC and structure of the building? Getting the school lunch foods to be something we're not ashamed of? Hiring more teachers and hiring them at better wages?

Let's hear your proposition for what part of what needs the most love in your school most urgently. And how about after this, mailing a letter to your school district's central office? Or nailing it onto their front door? Or actually crashing a budget meeting?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Double the campus budget. My school has these cramped office buildings for it’s campus and they haven’t added any more to make up for the rapidly increasing student body. Imagine 660 students going through five foot wide hallways and you pretty much have my school. I’m so grateful the school I’m transferring to has wider hallways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Let's just start with the fact that we need an actual math teacher to make the math standards instead of a social studies teacher...
    ANYWAY, if this was like a year ago, then I would put a part of the budget to updating the practice fields but they made plans to do it this year. So, I would probably say that we need more funding in the food like we have the exact same thing every week and after having it for 180 days, it gets sickening, and most of the food that they serve isn't even healthy for you! I can only name one type of food that they give us that is only sometimes worth the time to eat it and they don't even put salt, spices, or anything that makes it healthier and taste better. I don't care what they do with the money as long as the food is of higher quality or more diverse.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Idk how about you don’t act like winter guard doesn’t exist??
    Fr though I think my school should tone down on the huge projects. Our school is already big enough and is surrounding two existing schools, so I don’t see too much of a need to expand. Also, they have been trying to clear out a swamp and make a new practice field for at least a year (or maybe 2 years, not really sure) and I’ve seen little progress. Mostly because no matter how much sand they put in it to drain the water, it rains and fills it up. Also I heard they’re trying to relocate the dome, which was just recently renovated- why? I don’t understand.

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I would want the money to go into the general arts programs at the local high school (which I don't technically go to, but my siblings do, and my own school is online). They have arts programs, with multiple choirs, bands, and other such performing and traditional art classes. The thing is, while there are both jazz and traditional bands, the school doesn't have an orchestra, so if you want to play a string instrument, tough luck. And although we have many performing arts classes and clubs, and they all have multiple performances that the community always supports, we don't have a proper place for them to perform. Depending on who is performing and the size of the audience, they either perform in the gym, or in a separate building that is a glorified gym/safe room. Just because they can put a stage up in there doesn't mean that it's a 'performing arts' building like they claimed it would be when they built the glorified gym.

6. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    That sounds quite good. RIP Berlin though for losing one half to the other side.
    Generally new books. Most of times, I don't want to touch the books we currently have, as they are ...let's say...not very inviting to read. It would also be great if the cafeteria would sell edible food for once.