1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Food cultures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    What is your favorite culture of food? Do you like Indian, American, Mexican? What is your least favorite one? And is there one that you haven't tried, but you want to?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've had food from most of the world except what some people might call "third world", like Filipino roasted insects and some more obscure deep African foods. All kinds of European as well as North, Central, and South American are pretty easy to come by, just like Indian and East Asian. Some less common things I've had are Ethiopian, Persian/Iranian, and Thai.

I'd have to say my favorite depends on the season, though. In summer I like Indian and "American" foods the best, but come winter, I like hearty Scandinavian and Slavic types. Nothing like Stroganoff or Swedish Meatballs on a cold day to fill you with warmth and energy!

Next on my list of food to try? Well, I'd like to try some genuine Turkish Coffee one of these days, and I've seen traditional polynesian foods in TV and Movies, but I've never had it despite how tasty it always looks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I like Mexican types of food most. I love tacos [without onion], burritoes, enchiladas, etc. I also like chilli dogs but I don't think that counts as Mexican. XD
    Least favorite is unfortunately a lot of Japanese food, I don't like seaweed and raw fish/egg.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    I have a soft spot for Mexican, Italian, and Chinese food, but I do love a good burger or hot dog every so often

5. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I love Western, Japanese, and Chinese food. They're the ones I fall back on the most if I'm eating out. As for those that I dislike, I don't really fancy Korean food much for some reason. I also have none that I'd like to try at the moment.

6. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I love TexMex. Which is really nice because of where I live means there is a lot of it :P

7. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    I'm Chinese, so I like... Chinese food. What a surprise, I know.
    But honestly, I love all sorts of food. I like some heat sometimes, but lighter dishes are great too. Highlights of my favorite cultural foods are:
    Chinese, Japanese(Sashimiiiii!), French, Italian(Pastaaaaaaa!), TexMex is good, as is general Mexican. I like good Western food, so a nice burger or steak, but I will not eat chicken nuggets. Just... no.

8. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    @[member="Zero Sifr"], bruh lumpia is amazing. Epically with some salsa. I knew a woman who ask she does is make it. Anyway, I love italian and German. Both very hearty and comfort food like. I'm of course a fan of American.

I have issues with many Asian dishes. Ramen and sushi I like, but everything else I'm not a big fan of.

I'd love to try either Russian or Greek maybe. I'd also love to have some French. That would be great

9. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    My favorite is Eastern food, Indian especially. The spices, the meat, the rice. It's all just... yes. Not a fan of the Oriental cuisine for some reason. The Dutch cuisine sucks ass too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.