1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Food you've always wanted to try?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tailsimp, Jun 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tailsimp

Tailsimp Bug Catcher

Jabbers
    (Totodile)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    A friend of mine recently moved to Japan, and right before she left she talked about all the great food she'll get to eat there. Got me thinking about food I want to try from there, and all over the world!!! Right now I want to try Takoyaki, (balls of octopus similar to meatballs) but there's lots of other things too.

What about you guys? What dishes you want to try one day?

2. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    First things that come to mind are: carne asada, goulash, jiggly cheesecake (which is popular in Japan!), and even traditional empanadas and tamales. I grew up eating food from all over Asia because of the communities around me, and not a lot of European dishes lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Anything that involves pork in some way, but it's probably not gonna happen, since my religion forbids eating pork. Oh well, maybe one day...Also, probably Japanese food that isn't sushi.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I want to try Taiwanese Gyoza or anything steamed. I hear that they are really good and I always wanted to try them. Everything in America is deep fried and I don't really like that, but having something that's steamed instead of fried sounds much better.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    This is probably really dumb and mostly just because I don't know where to find it, but raw celery dipped in peanut butter. I've always wanted to try that. I am a strange being indeed.

6. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Anything that is Japanese food. I really want to eat Japanese food as they looked tasty. And also food that comes from the anime. Damn, those must be tasty.

7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I have a meat bucket list, all strange meats that I'll probably never get around to eating.
    it contains: Ostrich (apparently its a red meat bird which is unique), snake, and kangaroo. I think that's it. I'm not adventurous enough to actually seek these out though, so I'll probably never eat them.

8. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’d love to try some Japanese or even French food, aside from the cliches like sushi or croissants. I’ve heard of a fruit called a durian that tastes terrible. Yet I still want to try one.

9. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I would love to try some traditional fish and chips! I'm a huge fish fan so it really just sounds like a treat! Another thing is strawberry tart! I've heard it has a great mix of bitterness and sweetness that just melts in your mouth!

10. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    I am willing to try just about anything but I am wanting to try some alligator meat just to see what its like.
    But there are some animals I will completely refuse to eat: Dogs and Horses

11. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    A frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity3. For those who don't know, they're the people who did this and this. (I will never bring myself to try either of those specifically, never mind the fact that I will never actually hold enough money to do it, lmao.) But, like, their hot chocolates alone are touted as being ridiculously good, and frankly, chocolate intolerance be damned, I'mma gonna be the judge of that.

Barring that, caviar. I've always heard about it. I've always been curious about it. I'd still like to try it. Same thing with truffles, actually.

And for something a little less aggressively bougie for the sake of bragging rights, probably also balut. I mean, I know what it is (fertilized/partially developed duck eggs that are boiled and often served with vinegar), but it's like ... probably the only popular Filipino food I've never tried. (Mostly because my mom's like, "That's gross. Just have some fried bananas.") So, like, I'm a little curious.

Oh! And finally: buffalo. I've seen it from time to time on burger menus, but I've never been up for trying it, no matter how curious I am about it.

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    After hearing a friend of mine describe Osaka beef, I really wanted to try some. If only they weren’t $100.

I also want to try some more German food since my Mom’s stroganoff is pretty good.

13. Tailsimp

Tailsimp Bug Catcher

Jabbers
    (Totodile)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    *Comes back a week late with starbucks and replies* (replies behind spoilers just so this post isn't freakin huge lol)

I lived near the US/Mexico boarder as a teenager and omg authentic Carne Asada is SO GOOD! Same with empanadas and tamales! I wish you luck in obtaining these (and your other desired) dishes!!!

Well if you want it that badly, and don't feel bad breaking that in your religion, I hope you get the chance to travel and try it someday! It's a bit similar to chicken though imo.

I just googled Taiwanese Gyoza and *o* it looks so good omg. I get you on the deep fried thing though, I'm tired of it myself as a fellow American lol.

I mean if it's not at your local store, idk where to get it either X'3 I hope you can try it soon though! Celery in PB is a good snack!

Omg food in anime always looks sooooooo good. Tbh I don't even like seafood, but most of the fish dishes in anime make my mouth water cause it looks so good~

Ostrichs already scare me so much and then you tell me that it's red meat instead of white and now I'm even more scared... I hope you get a chance to try them all though!

You always wanna know exactly how terrible a terrible thing is, ya know? Like, you want to judge it for yourself. But oh yes to Japanese and French cuisine~ It always looks/sounds so so so good~

Both sound good but that bitter/sweet strawberry tart has my mouth watering here/ I love unique desserts like that!

My SO has had alligator before and said it's super good. It can be a bit chewy, but it's really good and tastes like no other meat according to them!

Ohhhhh my god those sweets look SO GOOD. Tbh I'd also brave a chocolate intolerance for that lmao. I'm dying here I'll never afford it but god do I wanna try it so much. And I hear buffalo is really really good as a burger or steak! I hope you're able to try all of that stuff one day!

100$ Y I K E S It sounds so good but like.... omg.... May we both earn enough money to try it one day!

Guys this thread might have been a mistake. Cause omg, now I have even more foods I'm dying to try ;;m;;

SyWry likes this.
  14. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    I really want to try snail. I've recently experienced sushi, authentic carne asada, and tofu, which were high on my list. This leaves snail as perhaps the last food that I desire.