1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction For A New Chance

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Chapter 1
    Living in Alola was once a hard thing to do. I used to be known as a member of Team Skull. But it's been disbanded for a while now. I don't have to stay in Po town. So I moved out. Gladion who used to be considered a non-official admin took me in. We still live on U'la U'la Island. He knew I never touched a Pokémon but now we have an Egg. He wants me to take care of it. I don't know if I can trust myself. I mean I used to follow Gladion since Guzma ordered me to stay with him and learn. But all I learned was how to get my butt kicked. Literally, the kid who moved here from Kanto kept kicking his butt.

I heard the sounds of Pikipecks in my window which meant it was morning. AKA first day of problems. Gladion enrolled me in a Pokémon School. I don't want to go to school. I want to learn from him. But he said going to school would do me some good. I should have gone since I was only 11 when Team Skull drafted me.

"Do I have to go Gladion?"

"Yes. Going to that school will help you out. Teach you things that I should have known. Remember this though. Team Skull is over. So you don't try to take someone else's Pokémon. Got it?"

"Yes sir," I answered. He flew me over to MeleMele Island and smiled as we arrived at the school. "You'll be back later I take it?"

"Yes. Look after your egg," he answered. I nodded and carried it inside and saw so many people that he knew about.

"Hey," a girl with green hair greeted.

"Um hi," I nervously greeted.

"You're my brother's student right?" I looked and saw Lillie so I nodded. "He gave you the egg?"

"Yeah. He wants me to hatch my own Pokémon," I explained.

"I'm Kiawe," one with red streaks in his hair greeted.

"Ella," I responded.

"Come on. Class starts soon," Lillie chuckled and walked me into our class.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Chapter 2

As we got in class there was a guy in a lab coat. I guess this is Kukui. "Professor, she's here." The man turned around and smiled.

"Alola! You must be the kid Gladion took in," he greeted.

"I am. My name is Ella. It's an honor to meet you," I responded.

"Don't be so formal. Come on. You'll fit right in. You and your soon to be Pokémon," he answered. I nodded and smiled as I saw his face twist into a smile. I sat in between Lillie and Kiawe. We were only referring to types today which I knew.

"So the homework tonight, is to pick a type and write a report on it. About it's weaknesses and a Pokémon of that type," he decided. I nodded and so did the others. I guess since I was new we were heading down to the beach for some relaxation. We all got there and all the kids began playing but I remained under an umbrella.

"Hey Ella, why aren't you going out there?" Kukui was curious. I decided to make a lie up quickly. I had to otherwise I was in trouble.

"I want to focus on that report sir," I responded.

"Well, what type do you like?"

"Considering I was an ex-Team Skull? I became used to poison types. But I'm more of a fire or ice type," I answered.

"Well how about you write two reports then? Then I can compare which is better. That way everyone can see what Gladion has taught you," he offered. I nodded in excitement. I couldn't wait. This would be a fun way to do things.

3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As everyone played in the water, I was working on my reports. It didn't take long. I was researching all day. I had the fire report done in no time. Same with the ice type. I just wanted to get all the work done.

Fire types are one of the notable 18 types of Pokémon in the world. Some of the most famous fire type users are Blaine of Cinnabar Island in Kanto, Flannery of Lavaridge Town in Hoenn, Flint of the Sinnoh League Elite Four, Chili of the Striaton City Gym in Unova, Malva of the Kalos Elite Four and our own Kiawe. Fire types are strong in attack against bug, grass, ice and steel types. It's weak in an attack against rock, water dragon and fire itself. In defense it's great against bug, fairy, grass, steel, ice and it's own typing. The types that it ha horrid defense against are rock ground and water. Before Sinnoh all fire moves were considered special but now they can be physical depending on the attack.

Ice types are one of the many types in the world as well. Some of the most known Ice type users are Lorelei, a former member of the Indigo Plateau, Pryce of Mahogany town, Glacia of the Hoenn Elite Four, Candice of Snowpoint City, Brycen the former leader of Iccirus City, and Wulfric of Snowbelle City. In the sense of attack it's great against: dragon, grass, flying, grass and ground. Attack wise it's weak against Ice and Water. Defensively it's good against Ice. It's bad against fire rock and fighting. Before Sinnoh, all ice moves were considered special. But now some ice moves are considered physical.

As I saw the sun setting, everyone was done playing in the water which meant time to go home. Gladion was at the school and I was all set to go. "All done?"

"Yeah. She's doing good," Kukui answered.

"Good. I want the best for her," he responded.

4. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Gladion and I arrived back at the cabin, I gently placed my egg on its bed and smiled in relief as it was stable. "Gladion why did you leave Team Skull?"

"I left for the reason of it was pointless. Team Skull was nothing but a team of cowards. If Guzma said jump, they would ask how high. So I left to do what I wanted. Save my mom and protect my little sister. What about you? Why were you in Team Skull and then why'd you leave?"

"I was merely playing a few games with my Glaceon in my backyard when Guzma arrived and demanded my father to give over some sort of technology. He refused and in return, Guzma took me away from him. I've been looking for him ever since. That's why I went to the school. I thought that if I could stay blended in I could trick the townspeople into revealing information about him," I answered.

"You're willing to do anything to find your father," he mused. I nodded and he smiled before pulling out a photo. This man had dark blue hair and a Lucario with him. "I met this man on a trip out of Alola and into Sinnoh. Take a guess who he's searching for," he began. I analyzed the face and then saw something that I hadn't seen since I was 3. I made a bracelet for dad's Lucario and it always kept it on the right wrist. On this Lucario's wrist was the same bracelet. It was disheveled but I saw it. On the wooden charm, it was clearly written. Ella's daddy's Lucario. Take him and I'll freeze you to death. I was overprotective of my father's Pokémon. "What's his name?"

"Let's get one thing clear. This man is indeed your father. He showed me a photo of his daughter who was kidnapped when he wouldn't give over a small piece of technology. All it was to be was this. A bracelet that allowed his child to communicate with Lucario. She always wondered what he thought and how he felt. So she wanted to talk to Lucario. The bracelet synced up to his daughter Arabella who loved the name, Ella. Only she could wield it. But when this man came to the door demanding the bracelet and he refused, the man took away this poor father's world. His daughter," Gladion explained I couldn't believe it. I had been so mistaken. My father was back in Sinnoh. "But I did something for this man. This man valiantly searched for his 9-year-old daughter for 2 years. To reward him, I gave him a home in Alola. A home where he could be with his daughter," he explained before turning me around and in front of me was the man in the photo and the Lucario.

*Flashback to when Ella was 8*
    "Daddy stop!"

"Say pretty please," he teased. I couldn't stop giggling. He was tickling me and Lucario was holding me still.

"Pretty please daddy! With all the cherries on top!" He chuckled and nodded before sitting me up straight. "Daddy, do you think Lucario likes playing?"

"Wouldn't you want to know?" I nodded and he chuckled before Lucario carried me to bed. "I'll be working on something so you don't need to resort to me for Lucario to know how you feel. You'll be able to think it to him," he promised. I nodded and closed my eyes welcoming another day.

*End of Flashback*

It's him. It's my dad. "I promise Ella. I'm home now," he whispered and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing while me, dad and Lucario hugged.

"It's good to see you here. Riley," Gladion responded.