1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Found Shiny Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cadbberry, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So in the first 5 generations there were a lower rate for shiny Pokémon. What was your experience with finding shiny Pokémon with these stats. Any time you couldn't catch one or got that cursed shiny poochyena you couldn't catch at the start of Ruby and Sapphire?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheOtakuTiger

TheOtakuTiger Bug Catcher

Piper
    (Starly)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13.2
    I only ever caught and encountered natural, wild shiny Pokémon in my Pokémon Pearl game (never did I caught any while using a PokeRadar or anything like that, and only once did I get one from hatching an egg), the first shiny Pokémon I ever caught and encountered was a shiny Graveler, I was pretty young like 5 or 6 at that time and was quite fascinated by it's odd appearance. But sadly, I lost that shiny Graveler along with all of my other Pokémon when my brother deleted the game file. I was so upset.

Time skip forward to the present day, I still have that same Pokémon Pearl copy with three shiny Pokémon on it, a shiny Crobat (whom I caught in the Lost Tower as a Zubat), a Gyrados (hatched from a random egg when I was bored out of my mind) and a shiny Onix (encountered while grinding on Iron Island).

So yeah, that's my experience I had with shiny Pokémon.

3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Mentioned it once before on here, but when I was real little I found a shiny Poliwag in Crystal and if memory serves just killed it not knowing better. Never once did I find a shiny in Gen 3 or 4. In Gen 5 I found a shiny Tangela way in the post game of Black 2, first shiny since I knew what I was doing, and I was so afraid of killing it I just threw a Masterball at it since I had at least two I hadn't used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I am currently doing a Cute Charm play through in Platinum which jumps the shiny rates to 21.34% with the right SID and TID through RNG manipulation but I think you mean legit so. The only shiny I have caught prior to X and Y was a Shiny Cottonee in Black 2 I think. I was well aware of what a shiny was so of course I caught it.

5. kamoodle5

kamoodle5 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.3
    Since Pokémon Gold, and let's not count the red Gyarados, I've encountered a few shiny Pokémon especially in a Pixelmon Minecraft server I played.

In Gold, I owned a blue Psyduck and a teal Rattata, and I missed a shiny Meowth out of fear of making it faint due to my overly-powered team. The Rattata I evolved into a darker brown Raticate which didn't seem as appealing. In SoulSilver, I believe I caught a shiny Girafarig and missed a Graveler because the hot-head wanted to commit suicide instead. In my first game file of White 2, it was Sunkern and Sawsbuck; in my current game now, I encountered a blue Psyduck again while ev-training my starter. Finally in the Pixelmon server, I caught a shiny Machop, Gligar, Seaking, and Krokorok, and when the server gave all of us a free random shiny one day, my Pokémon was a pink Dragonair. Obviously, I had to name her (yep, it's a she) PinkyPie. The Seaking I nearly missed for the reasons it was underwater and its color is almost identical to its normal color.

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Charizard! It looks cool!

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I was playing Pokémon Fire Red, and introducing my cousin to Pokémon. I was telling him about shiny Pokémon, how I've only seen Red Gyarados in S/G/C..and then.. Shiny Geodude. I panicked, he panicked. I threw 2 Pokeballs and managed to catch her, screaming while saving the game 3 times in a row. X'D That was ONE way to teach someone new to Pokémon about shinies.
    In Black I was EV training a Pokémon in Speed, so I was at Abundant Lot fighting Basculine. While training, I ran into a shiny Goldeen. Again there was more screams as I caught the Goldeen. :P

They're now in Black 2, but I've misplaced my DS games at the moment. I plan to move them to Y and up. Ironically, they're both female and gold-ish in color?

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have so many shiny Pokémon it's almost ridiculous. Though, over half of them came from events and trades. The random ones I managed to catch or hatch are:
    -Roselia
    -Spinda
    -Swablu
    -Golbat
    -Audino
    -Unfezant
    -Chinchou
    -Horsea
    -Clauncher
    -Nosepass
    -Mareep
    -Ursaring
    -Floatzel
    -Minior
    -Alolan Diglett
    -Alolan Raticate
    -Rockruff

...Phew, that's a lot.

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My sister found my first shiny while she was playing my copy of Pearl. She called me over to tell me that she found a weird-looking ponyta and I completely flipped out, somehow now knocking it out with my OP team. I later traded it to my friend because I didn't trust myself with something so precious.

Then earlier this year, I came across a shiny sandile in my Pokémon White Nuzlocke. That was my first 'official' shiny as I actually found it myself. And just a little while later, a shiny skorupi in X.

Since then, I've gotten myself a shiny female nidoran and whismur. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm meant to do with them.

10. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    So long story short, I went down to San Francisco to visit my cousin when I was 13 and had the Black and White version. He liked to hijack my game and continue on the quest without letting me know and stuff. Obviously, I didn't like this and tried to keep it away from him whenever possible.

I had accidentally left my DS at their house when I went to do something and came back, much to my dismay was now in a different spot than when I had saved. So I kind of overreacted, got upset when he said he caught a cool new Pokémon in my party from the egg.
    So I looked...it was a Tynamo...and shiny.

11. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I've only ever found one, and that's my shiny Paras on Pokémon Crystal. Not my favorite Pokémon, but hey, it's a shiny :3

12. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Me? Get a shiny with the older odds, when I have awful hunting luck with the newer games?
    Hahaahahahah you must be kidding me.

I actually-quite recently-helped my friend with an old copy of Sapphire. They stepped out of the room, and then THAT F*CKING POOCHYENA CAME UP DEAR GOD
    *cough cough* I mean...I encountered an uncatchable Pokémon that ticked me off. My friend was pissed too.
    #MissingNo

13. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    The only shiny I ever found was the one shiny I had no choice but to encounter, Gen 2 Gyarados. Seriously, I envy people who actually find these. I can search for hours on end and yet I've never even so much as come across one, not even in gens 6 and 7 where it's supposed to be easier.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I found a good amount before the rate got upped, not as many as I do now tho. There are two encounters I in particular remember was in Gen 3, one was a Lairon that sadly used Roar and another was a Pelipper I ended up killing. So sadly I didn't get to catch either of them obviously, I'm still a bit bitter about the Lairon because I really wanted that one.

15. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I remember my first shiny was in GSC - I ran into a shiny Geodude in Mt. Mortar on my way to... what was it called? The little town just south of the Lake of Rage? Anyway, caught it but never really used it since my team was already pretty high-leveled.

16. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My first random shiny encounter was a Graveler in Soul Silver. It blew itself up. Yeah. :furious:
    I found a Shiny Geodude later on in ORAS by accident in a horde battle. I frantically went to work to keep the other ones from Magnituding it to death, and I felt so relieved when I caught it.

A not-as-random Shiny happened when I was Soft Resetting for a Shiny Rayquaza on the original Sapphire. About 500 in I GOT IT. You can bet I threw my Masterball right then and there.

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My only shiny until BW2 was a shiny Camerupt in those games. I played every game from RBGY onwards...

18. ShinyDewott

Vanity
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽54.9
    I soft-resetted for a shiny Oshawott on my White game which took me 6 days to get! It was pretty worth it though I wasn't as pleasantly surprised as I thought I'd be. Maybe because I was already pretty tired of turning my games off and on haha.

19. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think my first shiny would have to be the Shiny Spinda I found in a random encounter on my copy of Y. I was just trying to fill up the dex some when I found it, so I got really excited when I saw the sparkles. It's not my favorite shiny, although it is a very memorable one in my mind.

Although now I have a butt load of different shinies, so it is not that memorable now. I wish I still had it though I ended up trading it off to get a Genesect lmao

20. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My first ever caught shiny was a Minun in Emerald. I was pretty happy about catching it, since my first shiny encounter ended in failure. Unfortunately the game decided to delete itself a few years latter, so I lost him
    Since then I've caught shinies in;
    White - A shiny male Audino, encountered while leveling up my Krookodile and Lucario. Caught him and named him 'The Beast' (my younger brother wanted me to name him that, and I thought it was funny, so I did).
    Y - A shiny Ninetales in the FS. I was so excited when I found him, as shiny Ninetales was one of my most wanted shinies at the time. Even better he had a HA and was male (I really wanted a male shiny Ninetales). I also caught various shinies via the chain fishing method. Gyarados, Goldeen, Dragalge, Octillery, 3 Skrelp, and a Dragalge just to name a few.
    Alpha Sapphire - Shiny male Feebas with the chain fishing method. Found no shinies via random encounter.
    Sun - Shiny female Midnight Lycanroc via random encounter while preparing my team for the elite 4. Named her Sanic. Also caught a Rufflet, Fomantis, and Alolan Vulpix through the SOS method.

I also have about 50 other shinies, all from events, trades, and gifts.