1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Free Celebi and 3DS Home Screen Theme

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    So, as most of the people buying the game are aware, each copy of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver come with a free Celebi for your copy of Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, as well as a free Nintendo 3DS Home Page theme based on the game(s) you bought.

What some people don't know, and the purpose of this thread, is how to find your codes, so I'm here to help! It's very simple - once you've downloaded your copy of Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver, simply follow the prompts on-screen to view the receipt. Scroll down and read through the text to find your theme code first, then your Celebi code second.

If you've already downloaded the game, and didn't view your receipt, you can view it again by accessing the Nintendo eShop, going to the Settings menu, going to "Account Activity", and then scrolling far enough to find your purchase of Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver, where you can view the codes again at any time!

The code for the theme can be redeemed straight away, but the code for Celebi can only be redeemed when Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver actually release (and then, if you want to do it on Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon, wait for the release of those games as well)

I hope this thread was useful for anyone who didn't want to miss out on these free goodies, but had trouble getting them!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance and Apawn like this.
  2. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I have to admit that is pretty interesting... but the better question is if the codes are unique to you and you alone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Of course! They're a random slew of numbers and letters, so each code is entirely unique to a purchase

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Who the hell doesn't like free stuff? Sure, why not :D

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    oooooooo, that is really cool! I would love to have a Celebi on my game anyways, and getting a Silver 3DS theme would be pretty neat as well (considering that I don't have any themes for it to begin with XD). Maybe my luck will land with me getting Silver tomorrow lmao

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    *As a side note: IF you have a Japanese 3DS and My Nintendo Rewards you can get the theme also using Nintendo Coins or whatever they are called.

Serebii worded it better:
    "For those of you with Japanese 3DSs who wish to obtain the Gold & Silver 3DS Themes without purchasing Gold & Silver on the Virtual Console, the themes are available to redeem on the My Nintendo website for 20 Gold Coins until January 8th 2018. Currently no American or European counterpart has been announced."

There also happens to be another theme:
    "For those of you in North America, it has been confirmed that if you purchase Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver download codes at Gamestop, Amazon or Best Buy, then you will receive a special bonus theme different to the ones on the standard eShop. This theme is based on the Gold & Silver Cast including the Gym Leaders on the top screen and the protagonist, rival, Professor Elm, Kurt and other trainers on the bottom with the map of Johto behind them. This matches the theme being distributed in Japan when you order your copy on Amazon.." Also Serrbii

#6 Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Oh, that's really cool too! I kinda do wish other parts of the world could have something like that, but I'm glad that some people can use those coins for something! (Yeah, I'm not really sure what they're called - wait I think they're Play Coins) :P

8. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I know right! Considering my low odds of getting Silver anyways.... It be nice to have a Pokémon theme over my current Monster Hunter one

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Is the Celebi just for USUM, or for G/S and transferable to USUM?

10. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    This Celebi is for Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon only. As such, there is no legitimate way to obtain a Celebi in this release of Pokémon Gold and Silver.

11. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    ... They're really staying true to the original, aren't they? *facepalm*

I miss my HGSS Celebi... T_T

12. Chan

Chan Camper

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.1
    I already got a Celebi

13. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Oh wow I didn't know it came with a theme too!

Now I just need to figure out what Nature I'll want to soft reset for with Celebi. xD

14. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It's a free mythical Pokémon. What's not to love?

15. piplup40

piplup40 School Kid

Myst
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽33.8
    okay, so I got the software but it's not letting me view the receipt when I go into my account activity