1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Future buffs

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by RadEmpoleon, Nov 19, 2019.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,933.2
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    A lot of times we see Pokémon’s stats, moves, abilities, etc. get buffed (improved on) across generations. Some examples include: in gen 5 Sturdy also functions like a focus sash at full HP, in gen 6 Oblivious also blocks taunts, in gen 7 Swellow received +25 points in Special Attack, and more recently in gen 8 Rapid Spin now gives +1 in speed. What are some buffs you want in future games?
    Big ones:
    • Personally, I’d want to buff first and foremost the abilities that have no effect in battle (Run Away, Illuminate, and Honey Gather). I’d want Run Away to let the user switch out even when trapped by moves and abilities, Illuminate to lower the accuracy of incoming attacks by 10%, and Honey Gather to have a 30% chance each turn of the user obtaining honey that strengthens the power of the next move it uses (idk about the last one. I think it’s too ridiculously specific to ever realistically happen, but it’s better than nothing I guess)
    • I want to fix the ability Mega Launcher, exclusive to Mega Blastoise and the Clawitzer line. It boosts the power of “aura and pulse moves” (which is all of 6 moves) by 50%. The moves it powers up should be expanded to include the things that the ability Bulletproof blocks, which is “ball and bomb moves”. This includes moves like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Bullet Seed, etc. And for the love of Arceus, POWER UP HYDRO PUMP. The ability is literally exclusive to Water types, one of which has water cannons on its back. I don’t understand why it didn’t power up Hydro Pump in the first place. I’d also give Octillery, Alolan Golem, Rhyperior, and anything else known for launching stuff, Mega Launcher as one of their abilities.
    • Hail should be buffed to boost the power of all Ice type moves by 50%, as well as power up Ice type Pokémon’s attacks by 25%. Ice types will recover 1/16 of health, and this can stack with Ice Body.
    • Buff the Ice type: have it resist Water and Grass, as well as apply the hail buffs above.
    • Other type resistance changes: Bug should deal neutral damage to Ghost and Poison types, and Grass should deal neutral damage to Bug types.
    Small ones:
    • I want Wild Charge to cause no recoil. It can stay at base power 90 and 10% chance to paralyze. Then it’s like a physical version of Thunderbolt.
    • Oblivious should be expanded to block all the things that the Mental Herb cures: Encore, Attract, Taunt, Torment, and Disable.
    • Glaciate to have a 30% chance to freeze, but it lowers speed one stage if it doesn’t freeze, and base power raised to 75.
    • Heat Wave should have perfect accuracy in sunny weather, and Sand Tomb during a sandstorm.
    • Change Dark Void’s accuracy back to 80, but keep the “only Darkrai can use it” aspect.
    • The ability Corrosion should let you hit Steel types with Poison type moves.
    • Change Diamond Storm from a physical move to a special move.
    • Raise the base power of Power Gem from 80 to 90.

Stat buffs I want:
    +10 speed for Tsareena
    +10 special attack, +20 speed for Sunflora
    +10 attack, +10 special attack for Raichu
    +20 attack, +20 speed for Rapidash (regular and Galarian)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    +20 speed and +10 attack for Qwilfish
    +20 speed and +20 defense for Shiinotic
    +10 speed and +20 special attack for Swanna
    +20 defense for Stunfisk
    +20 special defense and +20 special attack for Lanturn
    +10 speed and +10 special defense for Xatu
    +10 defense and +10 speed for Drampa
    +10 special attack and +10 speed for female Meowstic
    +10 defense and +10 defense for male Meowstic
    +20 special defense and +10 special attack for Appletun
    +30 speed for Flapple

Make ice resistant to water attacks (ice seriously needs more resistances)

Make fairy weak to normal attacks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    In the future I'd like to see ice types get some serious buffs and stat reworkings. One of my big changes would be to reduce the number of moves that are super effective against ice or to increase the resistances. I'd also like to see a stat rework of a few of the ice Pokémon, one example being Glalie. Even as a mega, Glalie is just sub par.

4. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,988.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Very much agreed with the above. Out of all the things super effective on Ice I feel like Rock could easily be dropped. We already have Steel which covers the "ice breaker" feel and is a less common type which keeps it more fair. I also feel it should be immune to itself at least considering things like immunity to sheer cold were added later.

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'd say swap Grovyle/Sceptile's ATK/SPA stats; Treecko's fine since Dragonbreath and Absorb/Mega Drain would be the signature move, but I really want to use Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Night Slash/Dual Chop without worryin' 'bout it being weaker…

Well either that or give 'em Pure Power as the second ability B)B)B)

6. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,988.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have always found it odd that they went for special instead of physical on it just because of the design and leaf blade kind of being it's thing. I guess its because the other 2 starters in the gen ended up being more physical and they wanted it to stand out that way. Without going all the way to Pure Power and the likes I think there should be something akin to Iron Fist for bladed battlers

Jupjami likes this.