1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Future nerfs

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by RadEmpoleon, Nov 22, 2019.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Quite the opposite of the other thread I just posted. While this is less common, we have seen some examples of moves, abilities, etc. getting nerfed across generations. Some examples of nerfs are: Gale Wings only works at full HP, and Aegislash’s defense/attack and special defense/attack being lowered from 150 to 140. What are some nerfs you hope for future generations?

The main one I have in mind is to nerf Serene Grace so that no secondary effect chance can be raised to higher than 50%. For example, this would mean that Air Slash, which normally has a flinch rate of 30%, would not be able to be doubled to 60%. It would cap off at 50%. Also, the flinch rate for the King’s Rock won’t be doubled.

Also, can I just say how ridiculous the Dark Void nerf is? Since it puts both enemies to sleep, it was nerfed to keep Smeargle from spamming it in double battles. I understand why it was restricted so that only Darkrai can use it, but why was its accuracy almost halved? Thanks to this, Darkrai is not nearly as good in the Ubers tier as it was in previous generations, where it almost always used Dark Void to its advantage. Now it is unviable in Ubers, which means it’s way too powerful (and therefore banned from) the tier below, but it’s not very good in its tier.

Oh, and make it so you can’t use a Power Herb with Geomancy, get wrecked Xerneas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Swagger really needs a nerf. As of Gen 8, it sharply raises the foe’s attack while confusing them. This makes the damage from a Pokémon hitting itself far higher than normal. Gen 7 reduced this chance from 1/2 to 1/3, but it doesn’t make swagger any less annoying. My proposal is to only have the attack buff be by 1 stage rather than 2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    @Neb another idea for that would be to have the damage be based on the type of attack used. that way it has to split the spotlight with flatter. I would honestly lower both to a single boost and add that mechanic change to have them share purpose a bit more evenly.