1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Future Pokemon Games Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Zen1, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    Hey all,

I'm new here.

I'm curious as to what you all think will happen in the future of Pokémon games, following on from Pokémon Sun and Moon :3

Do you expect another new region, complete with new Pokémon to catch, and a new storyline? If so, what do you think, or hope, the theme will be for the new region?

What do you think will happen with the Mega Evolution feature? Do you expect more mega evolutions for Pokémon like Raichu, Typhlosion etc? Or do you think that feature will die out?

My thoughts:

I personally think that the Nintendo Switch is going to be the next major platform for Core Pokémon Games. I have always wanted to play a Core game on the big screen.

I think it's almost certain we'll see spin-off games on the Switch, at least :)

Also, I believe that Gamefreak will remaster all gens from 1 onwards, in 3D, on the Switch. I personally hope they do this, as I would love to play through Kanto and Johto in a 3D environment on the big screen. Saying that, they already released Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, portraying Hoenn in 3D. It may be more likely that we'll see Gen 4 in 3D next, on the 3DS. Which is cool too!

I have read somewhere (although I cannot for the life of me find the source material at this time), that Niantic and Gamefreak are thinking of ways to incorporate the Pokémon Go! mobile game into future Pokémon Game releases. Who knows? We might see a unique feature involving Go! to catch Pokémon that show up in the users Core game save. Just a theory.

What are your thoughts?
    Zen :3

2. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Maybe there'll be something on the forgotten Pokémon characters, like the Kimono Girls. That would be cool.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    @[member="GiratinaMissingNo"] Omg yes, I'd love to see the Kimono Girls return!

I'd also think it'd be great if Team Rocket made a major appearance again. Ik their region of operations are Kanto, the Sevii Islands and Johto, but I would really like to see Giovanni make a bashful return and aggressively extend his borders into new territories, i.e. the next region (if there is another one on the horizon). Maybe a stand off between Team Rocket and the next big Team.

Another thing I'd love to see is a story where the powerful gym leaders, elite four and champion (you and former champion) go all out on an evil that requires such power to defeat. I want Lt Surge to make another appearance! :3

4. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Oh my god, YES! Just...yes. Giovanni needs to come back! He NEEDS to, because the two gens he was in were awesome. He's such a presence. Plus, Silver could come back...;)
    Yeah, some evil like Giovanni collecting all the evil teams, giving them some AI, and unleashing them upon the world. Then teaming up would make sense. I also like the 'teaming-up' thing, because you've always been a lone wolf before.
    #MissingNo

5. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    @[member="GiratinaMissingNo"] He absolutely needs to! He's by far my favourite Team boss. I get the Mafia feels with him :3 or similar..

Yup, they were my favourite gens! I like them all, but 1 and 2 were just amazing. Especially 2. Kanto AND Johto to explore? Yes please :) When Hoenn came out, I was like, where's the rest of it? No Johto, or Kanto? Aww. Okay.. :3

Silver should definitely come back, especially if Giovanni does. I wanna see those 2 duke it out, or team up, being family and all.

Yup, I think Giovanni would be the best choice to collect all of the Teams and fight under 1 banner. Me too! The lone wolf route is fun and all, but the handful of times where you work as a team (i.e. you and Lance take on Team Rocket in Gold and Silver, Heart Gold and Soul Silver) was heart-pumping fun! :)

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have a good feeling gen 4 will be the next gen, I have a good feeling it will be on both the 3DS and on the switch or a different version for the switch. Since it is their new big system it is pretty sure fire to makes its way onto there since it is home and portable. I would love to see the return of multiple regions in one, like after you beat one region you get to walk around the corner or take a boat to the other.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Apawn likes this.
  7. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    @[member="Cadbberry"] I think gen 4 is almost inevitable :3 Following on from Gen 3 3D remakes.

Yeah, they most likely will start releasing Core games on the Switch, either in parallel with the 3DS, or instead of. As you said, it has the portable functionality, which is the argument GameFreak used in sticking with the 3DS and not releasing Core games on the Wii, is that Pokémon is supposed to be played with portability in mind, hence Pocket Monsters :3

I would love that too!! They could pull that off on the Switch no doubt, plenty of room to add all the regions into 1 huge game!

What d'yall think of an MMO, where you can freely roam the Pokémon universe? It's likely never to happen, but it's fun to imagine :3

Cadbberry likes this.
  8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I doubt there will be an MMo and personally, I am not much of a fan of the MMo type games. I like having a bit of confine and giving a limit, though I would love to see all the regions into one, I like having the feeling that I am still a kid staying in my home region or just visiting a small one.

Zen1 likes this.
  9. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    I doubt it too :( It wouldn't fit with GameFreak's ideas.

I must admit, I'm not a fan of MMOs either. I simply don't have time for games like EVE, WoW, SW:TOR etc. However I would definitely make an exception for a Pokémon MMO :P Or maybe a more confined RPG game. Where you have to obtain badges etc, just with more free roam than usual. Maybe with side quests. But now this doesn't even sound like a Pokémon game :P

All regions into one = definitely something GameFreak has to pursue on the Switch :3

10. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think that the net game will likely be a gen 4 remake, I'm not sure about them putting it on the switch, though if the the rumors are true, and they do Pokémon 'Star' on the switch, then sure. They could also do a remake/sequel to collessuem that they put on the switch as a nod to their first console Pokémon adventure, maybe develop Orre a little better.

I personally don't think that all the regions would or should ever be in a single game.... However, that doesn't mean we can't have all the games on a single (or at least compatible set of) platforms, and then use link data to change, alter or influence, events of each game. Like you start with a Red remake, then port the champion data to a Johto game. Characters mention your previous person as the champion, and they show up as Red on Mount Silver, or maybe when you go to beat the Elite Four. That kind of thing.

11. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    One thing I always wanted to have in a future Pokémon game is having an older brother as the current champion. Much of the story could go around as everyone would know who you are and already set the expectations high.

Of course you're probably not on the best of terms with big brother so it does give a bit of satisfaction when you finally sweep his team with the mascot legendary at your side. XD

12. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    @[member="HiddenLore"] Yeah, I'm pretty certain that a Gen 4 remake is next up, after Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. It's a shame Gen 1 and 2 (my fav gens) came out too soon, and missed out on 3D.
    I heard a little about Pokémon Stars, but not much. Is that going to be a remake of Sun and Moon, on the Switch? Or is that going to be another story told in the same region? Like *3DS event happens here... meanwhile in Stars.. this happens to this character!*

I never actually played Colleseum before! I'm sowwie! *hides*

Influencing events in other regions does sound like fun! I just think it'd be cool to be able to literally catch 'em all as the same character from Kanto right up through Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola.

@[member="BraviaryScout"] I like that idea! I would also like to see more of a characters father too. In almost every game, you only have contact with your mom. So an active father figure who helps out on travels with tips and tricks and free items etc, and maybe a Lance + Ethan team up kinda thing to take down an enemy organisation alongside your dad, who turns out to have epic Pokémon at his side. Recently beaten by your older brother so no longer the Champion OR good friends with the current Champion, almost their equal, old school friends (if the Champion is not your brother in this scenario).

But yeah would be nice to be known from the get-go with high expectations, and come on who IS on best terms with their big brother at that age! The satisfaction shall be plentiful :D

13. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Pokémon Star is a rumor that seems to be the third version of the game, beyond that I don't know, if it does happen I would rather it be a sequel I think.I can understand your thoughts about playing the same character, I actually did it just a little bit once, I started a team and slowly moved them through the games. I've made it to the fifth generation, but it gets more frustrating and tiresome each time since the majority of the game the team won't listen because I am not the same character. sigh. I still want to finish that someday.

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would really like a game in which there is no set route through the game, only a recommended route. I want to make my own journey and not just go through the motions. If I want to challenge the Dragon gym first why not? I do understand that having to need several teams for gym leader would be a pain in the ass, seeing as I have the same trouble trying to make new teams for existing gyms for FFN's, but it would make the journey a lot more your own.

15. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    @[member="HiddenLore"] Nice, I really hope it's more than just a rumour then. Haha, I actually only hit that issue once, where they don't listen to you. It was in Silver, I think, back when I was 10; and I thought it was a bug of sorts XD

@[member="MarineAurora"] I would love the free roaming aspect. I'd like to hop on the next ferry to Kanto, and face off against Lt Surge, or take the Magnet Train to Johto, for a spot of MooMoo Milk, whenever I wanted xD Or heck, jump on a Charizard and manually fly the skies to Unova for some city sight-seeing, NYC style xD. There's always a quick visit to Kalos for some clothes shopping :D

I see your point about challenging any gym in any order. Or just break the rules entirely and somehow earn 10 badges in an 8-badge-region like Gary motherf*****g Oak :')

16. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I feel like a remake is coming soon. Could be Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Or Platinum remake. But usually GameFreak would want to surprise us so maybe there will be a new generation, i prefer it be based on Mexico!