1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Galactic Cyrus Choice

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by phineas81707, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    So, I'm playing Diamond again, and now I'm stumped. Because I've gotta go up Mt. Coronet with an HM Slave, and take down Cyrus. So I've gotta choose a Pokémon to leave behind. Any suggestions from the floor?

Team:
    Crobat (Inner Focus, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray, Aerial Ace, U-Turn)
    Lopunny (Klutz, Quick Attack, Return, Foresight, Jump Kick)
    Rampardos (Mold Breaker, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Headbutt, Rock Tomb)
    East Sea Gastrodon (Storm Drain, Body Slam, Water Pulse, Mud Bomb, Ice Beam)
    Raichu (Static, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Brick Break)
    Gengar (Levitate, Sucker Punch, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball) (Traded)

2. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I'd say gastrodon. I think your other moves and types cover gastrodon's place decently enough for you to be fine. If you really want to keep storm drain though, I'd leave Raichu, since ground type moves do more work against Cyrus' team than electric ones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    Cyrus has four Pokémon in Diamond: Honchkrow, Crobat, Gyarados, and Weavile. Electric and fighting type moves are super effective against all of them, so I'd def keep Raichu. Also, you need to look at Jupiter and Mars' teams, and see what Pokémon match up well. Rampardos has Mold Breaker, which will eliminate the Bronzor's levitate, so it can use Earthquake effectively. If I were you, I'd probably leave behind Gengar, as it doesn't match up to their teams as well as the other Pokémon. Sorry if this is too late.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Huh, I totally remembered wrong on his team. I could swear his only flying was honchkrow and he had a toxicroak. That was probably Jupiter or Saturn though I guess. Or maybe that was his team in Platinum... bah I dunno.

Yeah, it was in platinum that ground did more against his team. Dangit.

5. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Yeah, I've done the fight now. I definitely wasn't thinking of leaving behind Gastrodon, and I probably missed his tankiness a tad, but I completed the scenario with much more gusto than I'm used to. Probably because I have better Pokémon in use.

My personal choices were Lopunny (Raichu's Brick Break could cover on Weavile) and Gengar (he's not mine, so he gets boosted Exp). I ultimately did choose to get rid of Gastrodon because I could Exp Share him up in the later matches, and he'd have a guaranteed good time against Volkner's Electric types to catch up. Rampardos and Raichu were fixed for the exact reasons Wizard pointed out: Mold Breaker Earthquake and Thunderbolt on something with speed.

Now just to organise HM users in Victory Road. Raichu's going to be in heaven on Route 223, so I definitely can bench him. Here's hoping I can fit all the needed HMs on one Pokémon, or if I have to teach one to Gastrodon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.