1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Games that changed your life

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    For many of us, video games are a huge and important part of our lives. We've all had memorable experiences, and a list of favourite titles that we judge (subconsciously or otherwise) every other title that is even remotely similar to it by. It's inevitable - everyone has different tastes, not all games are created equal, and developing preferences and opinions is just a part of life.

But have you ever played a game that has changed your life? One that, whilst it might not be your favourite game, or the most impressive one that you've played, has had a long-lasting and significant impact on you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    The Last of Us was a game that, though I didn't play directly, changed my life. I already knew life was short, and that losing loved ones was inevitable, but this game made me realize just how fast it could happen if we aren't careful. And while The Last of Us wasn't exactly real, I didn't understand that games were just games years ago. I thought they were the world around me expressed as an image that couldn't be destroyed. And I was wrong to think that, but that mental attitude is what made it so special and made me so aware of what I do. It changed me, either for better or for worse.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Final Fantasy XII, by far! The story drew in the whole family, and though we never finished the main story, we were playing for days just to see what happened next.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    1- Pokémon diamond. It’s what got me into video games in the first place, and it bonded me and my brother together. And my sisters, when they played Pokémon.
    2- super smash bros brawl- it got me into fighter games, and I learned about so many characters and games I’ve never heard of. It’s also a great party game, as well as the newer versions.

5. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I got three!

The Ace Attorney series showed me that a game can rely heavily on its story and still be a fun time.

Persona 5 showed me the raw impact of video game music with lyrics. I will never forget the first time I heard “Whims of Fate” or “Rivers in the Desert.”

The Zero Escape trilogy sucked me in with it’s one of a kind atmosphere and engaged me to the very end. It made me question the world around me and how it could really work. The underlying themes in this series can really keep you up at night.

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    I've thought long and hard about this one. Finally, I think I have an answer that is honest and accurate. Here goes:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (spoilers ahead)
    During the climax of the game, Alm is forced to kill Celica who has been possessed. Alm and Celica were childhood BFF's and had a deep history together. That uncomfortably long moment of silence was absolutely heart-wrenching. While ultimately things worked out happy ending yay, it made me reflect on my relationship with those around me. Do I let my personal interests get in the way of keeping up relationships with those I love most? Am I doing all I can to support them? This wouldn't have happened in Fire Emblem if they had stuck together. The importance of spending time with those closest to me definitely stands out here.

Xenoblade Chronicles (spoilers ahead again)
    Close to the beginning of the game, Fiora, a friend of Shulk and Reyn, gets killed by Mechon (mean nasty robot guys). Most of the way through the game, it is discovered that Fiora is still alive. A little later on, Fiora is reuinted with the group.This reunion is heart-touching and has become one of my favorite moments in gaming.

And I'll end off with one that I don't need a spoiler for: Super Mario Odyssey. A game with almost no plot is an interesting choice, especially for me. However, Super Mario Odyssey encapsulated joy in such a way that I haven't felt in a video game. It reiterated to me the importance of kindness, fun, and enjoying the world around me.

Dawn likes this.