1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Games that need to come to the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    With the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo has been securing IP's for many games. They have secured titles such as Doom, Wolfenstein, NBA 2k, FIFA, Final Fantasy, The Crash Trilogy, Diablo III, Tales of Vesperia, Civilization VI, Fortnite, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and many, many more. Nintendo has done a fantastic job at trying to appeal to all audiences so far. While many large titles are still excluded, it is obvious that Nintendo is going in the right direction with all of these releases.

What third party titles would you like for the Nintendo Switch? What do you predict will come? Do you think Nintendo will keep on this path, or stop soon?

The IP's that I want for the Switch are simple. I want the Kingdom Hearts collection (of course Kingdom Hearts 3 with it) and Persona 5. If we get those two, I'm pretty much set for a long time. KH3 and Persona 5 seem fairly likely right now, given rumors by Square and Joker being Smash, so I'm hopeful for the addition of those.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Well I know I want Super Mario Maker as a first party game. For a third party game, I don't know. All the third party games I'm interested in are either already out for the Switch, or already announced for it.

I did see a Zoids game that I want to see in the states however.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    The original Xenoblade Chronicles. Even just a port would be enough.

A good Tales game would be nice. I'm surprised there's been no announcement for Symphonia - the Switch is definitely capable of it, and it started out on Gamecube - but I'd also love to see Berseria and, if they get ports to PS4 as has been rumoured, the Xillia duo would be nice too.

Since NieR Automata has made it to the Xbone of all things, it'd be nice if it - and the original, which is in my opinion the better game - could make its way to Switch too.

THQ Nordic are porting a bunch of old rubbish to the Switch right now, so the three Darksiders titles absolutely MUST be brought to the Switch as well. Since the Wii U received Mass Effect 3, it'd be nice if the Switch could get all three of the games too, but Bioware...eh. They're not what they used to be, putting it mildly. I don't see that happening.

As for Nintendo themselves...remasters of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker were wasted on the Wii U. Those need to come to Switch. The Metroid Prime trilogy - minus the motion controls, thank you - would be nice too.

Also, A VIRTUAL CONSOLE. That is the biggest thing the Switch needs right now. Proper legacy content. The Switch Online Service is not an acceptable substitute - I want to buy and own games, not rent them out on a yearly fee. Nor do I want to wait years for them to put up anything worth playing that hasn't already been put up about fifty million times before on different platforms.

4. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I would love to play Age of Empires while sitting in the car, bus, etc.

As much as I like this thought, AoE isn't a game made for consoles. The controls in this game are focused on a mouse (I played a Playstation port of it and it was really bad).

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Darksiders is coming to Switch. Awww yeah!

One game I'd love to see come to the Switch that I forgot to mention in my previous post is Baten Kaitos. That game has had a little recognition in Smash via its music and I have extremely fond memories of it - my first forum was actually the official BK one - so I'd love to see it ported to Switch with a visual touch up...and maybe some reworked voices so they don't sound like they're coming through a bad quality microphone. That was the only issue I had with it. Actually being able to play the second game would be nice too.

Some more visual novels of higher quality would be nice, too. Danganronpa, The House in Fata Morgana, Code: Realize, etc. I have little hope for Steins;Gate Elite because the presentation is so damned ugly, but there's no reason the Switch couldn't just plunder the Vita's library for VNs. There are some amazing ones that deserve a second lease at life.

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I'd like to see one of my favorites on PC, Slime Rancher to make it to the Switch. The Spyro reignited trilogy is also a thing that needs to get there asap, if the n.sane trilogy made it on, so does that one. Any port of old beloved games is welcome too…. The rest I'm not sure xD I've been out of new released games for too long to think of anything that needs to be on Switch.

7. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I could not agree more. Im not too sure a KH collection is likely but if it was oh man this could possibly be my favorite console. Persona 5 has way more of a chance imo since joker is in smash and theyre announcing something in march called p5r. I know im probably holding out too much hope but all the dancing persona games would be great on switch, especially since they were originally on the vita. It could be such a cool transition!

8. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    To echo @Wizard and @Tonochi I'd love to have the Kingdom Hearts series on the newest Nintendo console in some way. Imagine playing those games with a GameCube controller! That'd add a whole new level of gameplay to the series as well as have a more comfortable fit for myself (after playing Smash Ultimate a lot, going to the DualShock is crazy awkward).

I'd also love to see Monster Rancher on the Switch as it's an old favorite of mine from the classic Playstation--it's actually fairly similar to the Pokémon series and had a lot of fantastic games that could really use a remaster.

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Cuphead is one I’m surprised hasn’t come to PS4 or Switch. It’s not like they have to dumb down the graphics for a 2D game.

The actual Final Fantasy 15 game. For some reason, Square ported the mobile version of 15, but not the PS4 version. Admittedly, they’d have to make the graphics a bit worse to run well on the system.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions, the only major turn based rpg on the Wii U. I only played a little bit of it, but I think it’s a perfect fit for the JRPG heavy Switch.

Cytus 2. The devolpers of the game, Rayark, released Deemo and Voez on the Switch, but not their most popular. Seeing more people play that masterpiece would be amazing.

Starbound. The game has been planned for a PS4, XBone, and even Vita release for years, but no release date has been set in stone. Announcing a Switch port could very well get people interested in this game again.

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Kingdom Hearts: The Story so Far and Kingdom Hearts III both need to make their way to the Switch. Though admittedly, I probably wouldn't end up getting them since I already have all of the KH games.

A Hat in Time
    also needs a Switch release. The game's basically a big love letter to the various collect-a-thons that dominated the Nintendo 64's library and the fact it hasn't been released on a Nintendo system yet just feels... wrong.

It would also be nice if they released collections of the Nintendo series. Like one that has all of the main series Mario games (Super Mario Bros, The Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy & Galaxy 2, etc.) or a The Legend of Zelda collection with all of the game up to Skyward Sword. Of course, these would all end up being huge and would probably have to be split into multiple collections each. Still, it would be nice.

I also feel like they need to bring the F-Zero series back. Even if its just a re-release or something. It's not like there wouldn't be enough interest in a F-Zero game. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would want to try one just to see where Captain Falcon actually comes from. Heck, they could even just add a F-Zero expansion to Mario Kart if they wanted.