1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Games you like but everyone hates

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by An Evil Wizard, Aug 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    They actually gave her some kind of character and character development, instead of Mute Protagonist #133568457. Also the fact that she lost her shit when Ridley showed up, which if you know any backstory it makes perfect sense she did that. I loved it.

Aside from that, Dark Souls 2 seems to get a lot of unwarranted hate from fans of the series, but I rate it above the first game without question. They took everything about Dark Souls, and made it better. And it has the best PvP in the entire series.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Messiah

Messiah Swimmer

yejus
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.4
    Animal Crossing Leaf ★Ultra Ball
    i like sonic 06.
    i just love screwing around with the glitches and the entire part about silver.

3. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I like Need for Speed 2015, which nobody really liked. Lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I really like and just fell in love with Yokai Watch.
    But everyone keeps labelling it as a Pokémon killer
    or a rip off of Pokémon. Annoys me.

Cause it's quite charming, when you get past this idiocy of labels.

5. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Yeah, that's the sad thing I find. Because many in North America were exposed to Pokémon first, a lot of them feel like it's their job to hate any other pet monster series out there just for coming later and nothing else. (Tell them Digimon technically came first and they blow their tops)

6. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Yeah man. I just hate that 'it came first' logic.... Really bugs me like a caterpie, when that's the only argument they can muster up... -___-
    It's a cute and mysterious game, in its own right. Folks are missing out on something special, by not giving it a go.

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Not that this attitude can be excused, but we as humans naturally compare-and-contrast, but in the West (due to our ever-busy lifestyle) we like to sum things up in 'sound bites'. So it's only natural that what we see first will always be the comparison point for things that come later that have similarities. This is why, in gaming, you have the phrase "(insert original here)-clone", like "CoD-clone" for realistic first-person shooters, "Doom-clone" for fantastic first-person shooters, "Mario-clone" for side-scrolling platformers, "FNaF-clone" for stationary survival-horror games, and so on. Also, as Westerners (mind you, these are generalities that are not necessarily shared by everyone but are often shared by the majority, or at least the vocal minority) we tend to prefer "the original" over the things that come later because of our love of nostalgia. This is actually one of the major reasons for shipping wars, ESPECIALLY in the Pokémon anime. Newcomers typically prefer the ship in which they joined the series, so those who watched from the very beginning typically became a Pokeshipper (or Palletshipper, depending on your tastes), while an Amourshipper typically got their start in XY/Z (obviously there are exceptions, but these are the general trends).

Personally, I could not get into Digimon, but it wasn't because it was a "Pokémon clone", which it clearly isn't - I had some issues with the characters that I was unable to resolve back then. I am, however, interested in Yo-Kai Watch.

8. Teddybear2345

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Hmmm I can tell you my exp about it in a PM if you'd like, if you want to know more about the game?
    I've played pretty much all the games from the start.

9. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    Darkinum Z ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm gonna be another person to mention Shadow the Hedgehog.
    Its probably my second favourite Sonic game (after Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    I wanted to play it for a long time and I recently did it. Its a lot of fun and I liked the story.
    The music was fantastic too! There was just 1 stage where I got stuck wandering around the Space Colony for almost an hour.....
    At least it had nice music.
    Also the fight with Black Doom was really fun~ But I absolutely hated the fights with Egg Dealer.....

10. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Well, I really like Super Paper Mario, because it was one of the games I mostly played and it was really good.

I also like Yo-Kai Watch (and I'm apparently the only one in my friend group, except for one other person, who likes it)

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Yokai watch is really charming, and I am not really sure why it has to be labeled a Pokeclone, as it has its own features and mechanics.

12. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I enjoyed Star Ocean: The Last Hope. People often look at me sideways when I tell them that, as its widely considered to be the worst one...or at least it was prior to Integrity and Faithlessness. I also thought Final Fantasy XIII-2 was good too; not quite as good as, say, X-2 or XII, but better than the original XIII and a few others I'd name that would spark a row.

Trinity Universe was good, too. Why doesn't anyone like Trinity Universe? OK, so the overworld theme is abysmal; it's a very cute game with two distinct stories that mesh well together, a colourful cast, and a vastly improved version of the original Hyperdimension Neptunia's battle system.

13. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I doubt many people are familiar with this game but Ephemeral Fantasia on PS2 is a game I really liked playing through, I realise it is far from perfect and playing through it without a guide is probably going to cause a lot of frustration and confusion, but playing it was just such a satisfying experience for me, I really liked the music too.
    Having the same few days on repeat can really make for an interesting gaming experience and story, FF: Lightning Returns also had a similar mechanic and I enjoyed that as well.

I also really love Sonic Unleashed(360/PS3 version as that's the only version I played).To me it was the best Sonic game I had played since Sonic Adventure 2, I had no issues with the werehog stuff, I enjoyed that part of the game too and I really liked how you could level Sonic up, I will always dread Eggmanland though and its Hotdog missions.
    I lost a lot of trust in reviewers after playing this game.
    I think it's a lot better than Colours which is a game that got universally praised.

I enjoyed playing through it, but I regret my decision to try and platinum it, never again haha.

14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Jack and Daxter for the ps2. I always like the game even though I never finished it. It was just fun. My friends and people I knew thought it was stupid but I don't care. That and megaman ZX series. but suddenly people love both of those game, REALLY? Is nostolgia for older systems THAT big of a thing now? Or are some gamers that fair weather these days?