1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Games you're thinking about picking up again

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is there a game you're thinking about picking up again? Either because you have never finished it or simply just for a replay.

I've been thinking about picking up Star Ocean: The Last Hope again for quite a while now, I remember playing it a lot when I first got it for the PS3 and I saw you could get it remastered for PS4 as well so I've been considering picking it up again.

Is a game I remember playing a lot where I explored as much as possible and did side stuff because it was overall I very enjoyable game for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    I have wanted to pick Bravely Second back up for a while, but I don't have it in me just yet. I'll have to restart it because it has almost been three years, and I'm just not up to that. Plus, I might consider replaying Bravely Default first, thus delaying it further (I also refuse to play more than two JRPG's at a time or I get lost. Xenoblade 2 and Final Fantasy VII are on deck right now).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Viktron

Viktron Bug Catcher

Gabe
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    Living the dream right now as I replay Explorers of Sky :')

I would love to go through Super Mario Galaxy or Bowser's Inside Story again. 3D mario games are great (I replay 64 on pc emulator way too much), and the open-ness and atmosphere of Galaxy was one of the coolest things to me as a kid. Bowser's Inside Story I liked best out of the Mario RPG series, awesome story, great music, fantastic game all around that made me really appreciate Bowser. Always and forever hopeful for Fawful in Smash : )

Otherwise, I really need to get back into playing Touhou but all these fancy new bullet hells and roguelikes on PC/Switch are getting in the way. I would also like to reopen Payday2, but public lobbies are really bad, and it is pretty repetitive as far as gameplay goes.

Vigilance likes this.
  4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    God, I wish I had time for replays...

Two games I am constantly thinking about revisiting are Final Fantasy XIV - on PC this time - and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. The former because I only played the base game before I had a gaming laptop that would be capable of running it, and the latter because I love Monster Hunter and I had some quests I hadn't done. But I lack the time/money to invest in FFXIV, and some of the quests I'd not done in MHGU were because I literally couldn't do them...the G-Rank solo quests are practically impossible. At least at my skill level...or with my weapon choices. I don't really want to take the time to learn a new weapon (probably Valor-style Longsword or LBG) so I can do them. So yeah. At the moment that one is going nowhere too, because it would probably mean starting again, and my combined progress on my main file between the 3DS and Switch versions is over 600 hours now...that's a lot of time to just throw away for the sake of learning a new weapon from the ground up. Of course, I could just NOT do that, but then I wouldn't really learn the weapon. So eh.

I have it in my mind to go back to Skyrim on the Switch, and I *may* get around to that this year. Maybe. This is something of an exception to the rule for me, because I dropped it because something else I wanted to play came out. Usually when I drop a game it's because it's bad, boring, or otherwise not enjoyable. Skyrim is just kinda sitting there, waiting for me to go back to it. This is something I will definitely do at some point, because playing it handheld on Switch was literally the first time I have ever enjoyed Skyrim. On PS3 it was kinda boring...I mean, not Oblivion level boring, but definitely not Morrowind level entertaining. I also bought the 1000+ page hardback guide which cost nearly as much as the game did, so there is that.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster on PS4 is on my mind as well, but that's a timesink I don't really have time for right now either...I'm too busy with my other timesinks. Really I should get back to Integrity and Faithlessness, but that was an absolutely dismal game and one I am not motivated to finish anytime soon.

Other than that...there are a lot of games I would love to replay because I really enjoyed them the first time around. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Horizon Zero Dawn (this one mostly for the Frozen Wilds expansion, which I have not played), Xenoblade Chronicles (I keep putting this one off because I expect a Switch version), Final Fantasy VIII, XII (Switch version at the end of the month!), the Phoenix Wright trilogy (putting this off until a sale on the Switch versions)...the list goes on. And on.

I love revisiting my favourites, which is partly why I have such a large backlog in the first place. But there's a lot I want to experience, and if I drop a game it's usually because it's a bad game that I am not enjoying, so if I plan to go back to something it's usually a replay...and I guilt myself too much with my unfinished game pile to indulge in replays. This is something I definitely need to work on - games are for funsies, so whatever sounds most fun is what I should be playing - although I have yet to find the right balance between playing my new games and replaying my old ones.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I just finished my previous game, so I need to decide what's next, and revisiting an old one isn't a bad idea. I think I want to play Final Fantasy Type-0 again, but with a guide this time. The game is set up in such a way that every thing you do (missions, side quests, exiting the "hometown" for grinding) takes up a set amount of time from the in-game clock which means you can't do everything in one playthrough (and some is designed to be done in NG+), and I only gave it one playthrough last time. I would really like to experience everything in the game, especially since the combat style is pretty fun, and I think that can only be done with help of a guide.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I have a ton of games on my backlog, but I may go back to Omega Ruby when I have the time.

7. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I might try out Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. I remember it was a lot of fun when I played it a while back.

8. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    ff14 and Black desert.

Especially black desert as I really loved playing that game years ago.

9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Nearly three more years after this post, I can confirm that I did not beat Bravely Second or Final Fantasy VII. I also played like 95% of Xenoblade 2 before quitting, so I suppose I never beat that either.

Oops.

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'm thinking about picking up Monster Hunter Rise again at the moment. It's all leaked out of my brain, and since the Defender armour set was added in the latest patch it'd be a fairly gentle reintroduction (although from what I recall the game was easy enough as it was) and a chance to get in some playtime before Sunbreak. I have a ridiculous amount to do at the moment though, so I may be leaving this until later in the year.

I should really replay all three Xenoblade games before September, too. But god knows where I'll find the 200 or so hours I'd need for it.

11. ChaosFox

ChaosFox Swimmer

Sparkles
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽333.1
    I have been thinking of playing either DQ VIII again and doing a 100% run of it or attempting an 100 run of the 3ds version of Tales of the Abyss. We will see May even restart Braverly Default and Play the characters to classes that best suit them.

12. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Tattle Tail.
    I bought that back in 2014 when it and its dlc had just come out and never went past the first night as I got too scared and the controls on laptop was abysmal. Now that I have a controller, I some times think about playing it proper on stream so that I'm not alone facing big scary Mama.

13. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I picked up Age of Calamity quite some time ago, but never even made it past the first hour or so. But since I am desperate for additional Mipha vibes, I might just pick up the game again...

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I seem to have talked myself back into Genshin Impact after at least a year. It's a fun game that I do genuinely like, but I can only play in spurts of up to a couple months before I just fizzle out.

15. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    I've been meaning to play Spirit Farrer again, but I'm not ready to be sad again.

Also I need to get back to playing Smash, but I'm enjoying Splatoon too much to stop...

16. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Where do I even begin with this. My backlog is ever growing and I need to cut it down haha.

17. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I haven't played UNITE in a while, now that you mention it… eh, with Mewtwo and my internet for some reason refusing to behave with Japanese games, I think I'll wait a little longer.