1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gaming conventions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    What are your thoughts on gaming conventions? Are they still as important and as relevant as they were in the early 2000s especially, or have they become a thing of the past...and if they have, is that a good thing? Are you still excited when a major game convention such as E3, Gamescom, or the Tokyo Game Show rolls around? Are they a good way to promote new software and hardware, or are companies better off sticking to their own schedules for announcements?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I went with my best friend to the Halo: Outpost Discovery convention in Chicago this past weekend. It was a total blast, got to play on the big screen with developers and a crowd where we dominated the other team. It was great.

There were things to do for everyone and I felt that this was a convention where people could bring their families, kids and even people who knew nothing about the series could have fun. Lots of the exhibits and attractions were on a level where both the Halo enthusiasts and the beginners could both enjoy themselves and succeed in some of the more challenging ones. I even made it in line to meet some of the authors of Halo literature as well as VAs on some of the characters.

Sadly we didn't get to see anything new about Infinite, but I'm hopeful that new Halo content could be shown at them in future events. Overall it was a lot of fun and I'm already sold if they decide to do it again next year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've never been to any gaming conventions before, and am only vaguely familiar to them, but I still find them really exciting and relevant. It's always fun to see so much no information for so many different games come up at a single time.

4. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,929.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I go yearly to a con in my area with friends. I always have a good time just seeing what the vendors or crazy events are each time I go.

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    What is a gaming convention? *tilts head slightly*

I've never really went to anything like that before, so I don't really know what it is~

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Jupjami
    If I'm guessing correctly, it's as huge meet up related to 1 or more video games. Where they'll have merch, small events, and playable games/demos as well as actual staff or voice actors there to meet.

Jupjami likes this.
  7. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    I look forward to E3 because of the livestream announcements, not because of the physical event. I have never been to a major gaming convention and likely never will, it's just not my thing. I keep my passion and knowledge of gaming almost strictly to the internet and a handful of friends. Going to a public event like that just isn't my thing.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve always wanted to go to one, but I either forget the dates or live too far away from them (Most are in California or the east coast). One that’s been on my bucket list is the Portland Retro Game Expo. They have arcades, vendors, and even allow people to exchange retro video games. If only it wasn’t in the middle of the week when I have school...

9. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Although I Want To Go And Experience A Lot Of Most Popular Gaming Convention Like E3 And More, I Realized That I Actually Can Go To The Nearest Gaming Convention Near My Homeland. Happy To Hear That My Home Country Have Comic-Con, As I Learnt About It Today!

Fact: It Is Actually Called 'Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention' Before Changing Into 'Singapore Comic Con'.

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I've only been to 3 cons ever and each were a pleasant experience. One of the people who hosted a gaming/anime convention about 45 mins away from me that I went to in 2015 plans on hosting again in January with biannual events I plan to attend.

I wouldn't say they are the most relevant but they are something that I feel every gamer should check off their bucket list. Mostly because of the unique times you will have at cons.