1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gaming Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Haunted Ditto, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Everyone has a game he loved playing as a kid. What is your favourite game of your childhood? Do you still enjoy or don't you like it anymore? What did you love About the game as a kid?

Mine is Skylanders. I freaking loved this game! A funny story, a really good difficulty and tons of playable characters (with awesome designs). But when I got older, I noticed that this game series is scamming kids. 10-15 Euro for a character and every year they release 30 new ones! RIDICLIOUS! Later on it got worse: Trap Master-Now you Need to buy fucking traps for the bosses
    Super Chargers- Now you Need to buy fucking cars too
    Imagiators- You need special crystal to use the character Editor and parts for the characters are in LOOTBOXES!
    Side fact: The game was planned as Spyro Spin-off game, but the game was so sucessful that they cut out Spyro and made a completly new series.
    The last one I played was Trap Masters.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Final Fantasy Tactics.

Spyro and Crash games for PS were the shit.

Then there is Jackie Chan Stuntmaster

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I personally was a big fan of hide-and-seek LOL.

If we're talking about digital games, I really enjoyed playing Pokémon platinum. It was so much fun and I spent a lot of time. I really liked the lore, storyline, and Pokémon. It still is one of my favorite games ever and I play every once and again when I have time.

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I had this one cartridge for the DS that was simply called 'Clubhouse Games'. It was an assortment of about 50 different card games, board games, and puzzle games, and you could download or play against computers. It's how I learned to play things like Rummy, Blackjack, and a bunch more. Lots of fun.

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I've got hardcore nostalgia for Donkey Kong 64. Compared to other games of it's time and genre it's clearly inferior, but I just can't help but love it to death. I'd pick it up anytime and play it with great pleasure, glitches and errors and all. I don't care what the people say, it's an old favorite of mine :)

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My favorite game to play as a kid, and even today, is Banjo-Tooie. I don't know what about it I find so compelling, maybe it's the gameplay, maybe it's the fun and colorful world, maybe it's just because it's one of those 'collect a bunch of thingies to continue' games, but I've always loved it. I don't even mind that it's practically impossible to complete the game one hundred percent without cheating (the creators screwed up the programming for one of the collectible thingies).

7. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is not a great game, but I look back on it fondly. It was the first game that made me feel invested in the story and characters. Even now, I still think the soundtrack and visuals are great for the Wii. If only the pacing and controls were better...

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    When I was a kid I was aaaaaaall about the Megadrive. I grew up with Sonic, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Aladdin, etc. The majority of what I used to play has come out on the Switch and playing through them again as an adult nearly a quarter of a century later is an interesting experience. It kinda highlights how my skills have diminished and just how easy modern titles are by comparison. It's odd, because I still find them challenging, but I'm more aware of it. They are for the most part still enjoyable because of their simplicity. Games like Sonic 3D Blast really have not aged well at all, but simple side-scrollers are still fantastic. Music was better back then too. All licensed video games should use licensed music from the source material, because it makes them sooooo much better for it.

There's also Pokémon, but frankly those games have aged terribly. I played through Yellow when it was released on the 3DS eShop and my god it was awful. The small, gradual changes they've made to the UI and just the speed of the games has really added up over the years without me even really noticing...until it's all taken away and stripped right down. The core gameplay is the same, but it's a much slower process that I just don't have the patience for.

9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    I have a bunch of nostalgia for the old Crash Bandicoot games and Star Fox 64. These games are among the first I have ever played, and it is interesting to see how I enjoy theme these days as I have replayed them. With Crash Bandicoot, the gameplay is more unfair than I remember it being as a kid, but the personality is still just as prevalent. Star Fox 64 has aged unimaginably well in my eyes. Not only are the visuals still pretty solid, the banter between the Star Fox crew is hilarious, corny, and totally lovable. Even the villains are amazing in that fun, cheesy way. Just a solid game through and through.

And I'd be lying if I said nostalgia doesn't impact me, but I do try to give everything a fair chance

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Monster hunter. And IDK you tell me :) (in other words I play everyday still)