1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gauging interest/Suggestions; nuzlocke videos

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wolf Expert, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Once upon a time I put some actual effort into making YouTube videos and that didn't really go anywhere, probably because I couldn't afford any decent equipment for starters. So if I ever do that again it probably won't be for a while.

Once upon a time I also made a YouTube account for LV to do a couple of random things during last year's summer scramble. I haven't used it since, but I still have it just laying around and gathering dust. So maybe I can use it for other LV related stuff? Not putting a ton of effort in with an intro and outtro and all that, but keeping it casual?

Presently I'm thinking of recording a new nuzlocke after my last one ended so abruptly. I figured out how to re-randomize it, so I can go in blind again. Apparently some of the randomizer options include random palette swaps for the Pokémon colors, which could be interesting to see! I did a sort of visual novel approach last time and I think it was pretty cool but it sort of cluttered up my browser with screenshots. A lot.

Another thing, I don't know if it'll be constant commentary, I'll probably just say stuff whenever I have something to say and sort of go silent for a lot of the time, but I will be talking. I just want it to be a casual sort of thing you can space outo and listen to. Please go easy on me if I do this, I don't like talking or the sound of my voice very much.

If this picks up any traction, I might go ahead and start using that account for more stuff, like doing speed art of art shop requests. That could be fun.

So let me know what you think. I might just go ahead and set up to record the first part. If people seem interested, I'll upload it. If not I might do the picture book style thing again or just upload it anyway. I want to show off those random palette swaps!

Edit: I've decided to go ahead and give it a shot. If you watch the videos and have any suggestions, go ahead and post them here in this thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    As long as there is some commentary, I'd watch it. I'd try to keep it fairly consistent though. This isn't easy and won't come to you right away, but believe me - it is achievable. I was the exact same. You've got my interest.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    That's cool to hear. Funny I'd bring this up just a few days after you pointed out you've never heard my voice before. Yeah consistency is definitely another tough part to it.

4. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Sounds like my cup of tea

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2