1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

GB Sounds (Key item)

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LunarRabbitPikachu, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Once you collected 8 Kanto Badges and go to the 3rd floor of Celadon Condominiums in Celadon City, the Sound Designer of the Game Freak company gives you the GB Sounds as a reward. With this key item, you can change the sound on your Heart Gold/Soul Silver DS game(s) to sound like the original Gold/Silver/Crystal Game Boy game(s). What do you guys think about this unique item? Do you use it? Did you like the music? How do you feel about it?

To me, I think it's amazing how Game Freak brings back to old memories of audio from the original. :3 It brings back a bunch of memories when I played my Silver and Crystal games. <3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I remember I set it so that I could turn it on every time I was playing, I wished it could be obtained even earlier, but it was great, a nice nod from Gamefreak

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinyCharmy

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I always liked playing it in Lavender Town and the 1st route in Johto (forgot which route number).
    But I hated playing it in Goldenrod. The GSC version of it just makes Goldenrod seem less exciting. :/

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I really liked playing it in new areas, like the Pokathlon Stadium and New Safari Zone, since they didn't exist in GSC. The sound format is definetly one of my faovurites, and I wanted them to bring back something like that in ORAS.
    My idea for that was the "Advanced Goggles", which makes the overworld look like it did in RSE. Of course, battles would be the same, or they'd need to create a sprite for all the Gen 4, 5 and 6 Pokémon.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really loved this feature! It brought me so much nostalgia from the GSC games that it really warmed my heart. I don't know about you, but those 8-bit music tracks always seemed so cheerful and really livened up the game. It's nice to switch between to the music backgrounds. On one hand, the regular music is really detailed and elegant, and on the other, is the music that's really simple and happy.

6. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I never played GSC (I was too young when it first came out), but I found playing the game with that music really amusing. I remember turning it on and traveling everywhere, just to hear the soundtracks that were used in the original games :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.