1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 8 Theories

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by KCkitkat11, Sep 19, 2018.

1. KCkitkat11

KCkitkat11 PKMN Breeder

Who
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    I kinda want to see what other people think gen 8 is gonna be like. You know, stuff like where the region will be based on, possible game titles, etc. I personally think it's gonna take place in either Spain, Germany, or southeast Asia just because of a few things that have been happening in the past few generations. We have German speakers in both gens 6 and 7, a Spanish sidequest in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and then there's the history behind Yungoos and Ryuki as well as that one guy, Pyuk's, info that all point towards India/southeast Asia. What do you guys think Gen 8 will be like? I'm really curious

2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I have hopes that Gen 8 will take place in Central America, Australia, Egypt, and Russia. They're all locations that are a lot different geographically from the other regions we've been given, so it would be interesting to have dessert, snowy, or jungle like terrain. Maybe the villains could be some kind of religious extremists or something like that. Although, if the new region is in Germany, maybe a bunch of pokémon or lore could be based off of those old Grimm fairy tales.

3. KCkitkat11

KCkitkat11 PKMN Breeder

Who
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    I was thinking the same thing for a Germany region! And, now that you mention it, you're right about a lot of the regions having similar ecosystems. Always forests, mountains, a few icy, sandy, or watery areas, but never more than a small piece of it. I'd enjoy seeing a bit more diversity in terrain, especially a jungle. Can you even imagine the kinds of Pokémon that would be found in a jungle of all places? Awesome!

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    I'm really thinking about Australia or Great Britain. They have a lot to experiment with in either case, and I feel that either of those countries would be perfect. I think we can expect a desert-ish region, for the most part (with exceptions of course). I can imagine the graphics being great, similar to the Let's Go games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KCkitkat11

KCkitkat11 PKMN Breeder

Who
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    Desert region, ice region, jungle region, I don't care! I'll be happy either way! I didn't consider Great Britain as a possibility, though. A region based on that could be pretty cool. Maybe stuff could tie into the King Arthur legends, or Robin Hood, or, hell, even Monty Python! There's tons of potential there in a British region that gets me excited all of a sudden!

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'd like another European one, yeah. I loved Kalos! Germany, Britain, or maybe even Austria?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LordEevee2005

LordEevee2005 PKMN Breeder

TheLegend29
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8.3
    Perhaps Russia. There's lots of potential for winter themes there?

8. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I agree. We should get regions based on colder countries, it'd also be a good opportunity to make ice types more useful. (Like seriously, excluding legendaries, how many ice types are competitively viable?)

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I'd like to see another European country. Probably Britain or Germany. Or Spain. Or Greece. There's a lot to choose from. I also really want to see a region based off of the Pacific Northwest, mostly because that's where I'm from.