1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Generation 4 Help Thread

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Auron, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    This is a help thread for 4 Games.

Anyways since I noticed there was no help thread for Gen 3 and 4 so might as well start one

Also How many Oran Berrys do you need to feed the Miltank before you get the Seal Case?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This forum isn't for Generation 3 discussion, so I edited your thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I think it was either 7 or 10. Keep feeding the Miltank until it says it's healthy anyway. If you have only one Oran Berry left then you should probably plant it just in case and make sure you water it regularly.

4. Slugkid

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Double posting because I have a question myself!
    In Platinum, what happens after you get 5 stars on your trainer card, if anything?
    When you have 4, and a gold trainer card, the nurses at Pokémon center will have a text the first time you talk to them about how great you are and stuff, and afterwards, they treat you like a VIP (And you only have to go through one message to heal!).
    So, I was wondering, what happens if you get a black trainer card? I'm only missing the 100 battles at the Battle Frontier and there's no way I'll do that really. Especially since I already sent my good Pokémon to the fifth generation...

5. taranee9

taranee9 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.8
    I think nothing happens, apart from being proud of your achievements xD

6. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Is Mewtwo easy to catch in Soulsilver? I used my Master ball on Lugia so I don't know. I also transferred all my Pokémon.

7. Slugkid

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Mewtwo, like many other legendaries (Including Lugia) has a catch rate of 3. If you don't care about what pokéball you catch it in, if you put it to sleep (Or freeze...) and use False Swipe on him until he's at 1HP, a Dusk Ball has about a 8.20% chance of catching it. Depending on your luck, it is likely to catch it in one to 15ish throws. If by the 20th throw you haven't caught it, I'd consider soft resetting, it actually does help. I've had legendaries faint themselves with struggle, only to catch them in a fresh new battle on my second ball.

I think you can buy Dusk Balls by the Safari Zone entrance, by the way.

8. Adler

Adler Sailor

Helios
    (Helioptile)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1
    Heres My Team (If Want To , Tell Me How I Can Make It Better ! :D Typhlosion , Lv 38 , Flame Wheel , Focus Punch , Lava Plume And Ember . Ampharos , Lv 40 , Thunderpunch , Charge , Flash, Discharge. Quagsire , Lv 40 , Earthquake , Surf, Blizzard , Strength . Raticate (Training ) , Lv 36 , Dig , Hyper Fang , Iron Tail , Super Fang . Dragonair (Training ) , Lv 31 , Whirlpool , Dragon Rage , Slam , Dragon Pulse . And Togetic , Lv 37 , Fly , Extrasensory , AncientPower And Drain Punch. Tell Me What You Think About It ! :P

9. Potatrobot

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Your Typhlosion has the move Ember, which is very weak and outclassed by pretty much any other special fire move (like Lava Plume, which you have).

Ampharos can do well with special attacks but its physical attack isn't very strong, so I suggest losing Thunderpunch. However, if you really think it can do well with a physical punching move like that, replace it with Ice Punch so that it can cover ground types.

Dragonair has Dragon Pulse twice. I think you've made a mistake there.

10. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    Its a pretty well-rounded team, but you kinda need a big move overhaul. A lot of the moves are weak for how high they are in level, you also could stand to get some more dark/ghost/psychic/ice moves because you will need them all for the elite four and kanto. Otherwise than that you have a pretty elite team.

11. Adler

Adler Sailor

Helios
    (Helioptile)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1
    I'll See What I Can Do Bout' That , I'm Also Thinkin' About Changing My Togetic For A Pidgeot . Should I Do That ?

12. Potatrobot

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I've used Pidgeot a couple of times and so far, it's been a reliable choice. My suggestion is to give it the move Steel Wing, which I think can be achieved through breeding with a Skarmory (that's how I did it, at least).

A problem with physical flying types, however, is that there aren't many physical flying type moves that are powerful and reliable at the same time. Fly is a good move but the first turn delay is a bit of a bummer. Other moves like Wing Attack and Aerial Ace are reliable but they lack a lot of power. Acrobatics is OK if you don't have an item but most of the time you do, unless it's a disposable item.

Adler likes this.
  13. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    I don't think you should get rid of Togetic, because once it evolves (it can before the elite 4) it is really good, has great special attack, and can learn a wide range of moves.

14. Adler

Adler Sailor

Helios
    (Helioptile)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1

One Problem :

[background=rgb(250, 249, 240)]Use item: [/background]​
    [background=rgb(250, 249, 240)][​IMG][/background]

It's Really Fustrating To Get A Shiny Stone In SS. Either I Need To Wait Until 2099 To Get A Shiny Stone In Pokeathalon Or Beat The Game 100%. To Get a Shiny Stone.

15. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    I think you can get one in from the bug catching contest in the national park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.